West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm having a good chuckle trying to picture how someone could possibly mime "where's your foreskin".

I mean first you'd have to establish there's a penis because you can't refer to foreskin without first establishing a relation to the penis. So do you do the classic wanker sign first? You can't point to your crotch cause that wouldn't be visible. And even if you could establish the penis, how could you make it clear you're now referring to an inch of skin on the tip. I suppose you could mime the snipping, but do you go with scissors or scalpel? And are you actively searching for the missing skin, are they checking their pockets and under their flat caps?

Btw don't tell me what it looks like, I'm enjoying this. I should go to sleep.

I ain’t gunna explain, quite how they do it. 😁however, I’m pretty sure I know exactly what hat they mean. And it makes it all the better when they are giving it, and state they wanna meet us outside......

All I know is the Bill Nich pub will give them a welcome and a fuck off, at the return leg 😎😎😎

It's all very enjoyable laughing at their demise and remind them that they are not west ham anymore, but i's also disappointing that this fixture is such a pile of shit as well. The day of this game in the past used to be a real intense day, the atmosphere in the air was always immense.
The ultimate dare used to be walking round their ground without getting noticed or spotted as a Spurs fan now you can walk in amongst them and freely around the entire area unchallenged. It's totally lost it's edge and is a bit of an embarrassment from their side.

That said, I will continue to take the piss constantly and remind them that they sold their soul.. That chant along with you're not west ham anymore annoys hem more than anything..

They really are a pathetic, sad shit stain of a club and an embarrassment to English football..

Rot in hell Pikey Boys..
I get the feeling you don't like them very much ;)

It's all very enjoyable laughing at their demise and remind them that they are not west ham anymore, but i's also disappointing that this fixture is such a pile of shit as well. The day of this game in the past used to be a real intense day, the atmosphere in the air was always immense.
The ultimate dare used to be walking round their ground without getting noticed or spotted as a Spurs fan now you can walk in amongst them and freely around the entire area unchallenged. It's totally lost it's edge and is a bit of an embarrassment from their side.

That said, I will continue to take the piss constantly and remind them that they sold their soul.. That chant along with you're not west ham anymore annoys hem more than anything..

They really are a pathetic, sad shit stain of a club and an embarrassment to English football..

Rot in hell Pikey Boys..
Had a couple of mates that ain’t there since their old ground. They were genuinely a little bit worried before we got there. They thought they would know that we were Yids, and we had to keep it down.
Lol! Every single time we go there these days we just take the piss. They couldn’t believe it!!!!

Rot in hell Pikey Boys..
My mates that ain’t been for a few years were so shocked. There’s zero intimidation, before or after.

Well exactly and early days has to be accounted for, I can't be harsh as we comfortably outplayed a shit team for 60 minutes which is a lot more than we've done before this season generally.

Jose is never gonna pick Skipp at this stage, he knows very little about him - your desires need to be tempered accordingly along with your criticisms, this also applies to what's gone before this season. Comparatively today was a good performance.

What's gone wrong won't just disappear overnight (same as it didn't appear overnight) but today was a good day and after our terrible form and an international break it was refreshing to see us take a team apart at times.

Come on Steve, I'm no apologist for Poch, I wanted him gone, but we've been here before this season, where we've played pretty well for a half, an hour or even 70 minutes (Palace, Leicester, Southampton, even Bayern was good for 40 minutes eg) and then capitulated. We coughed up two goals today to a team in even worse form and confidence than us.

As I said, I think Mourinho simplified things a tad, the format, the approach and the personnel - that's good - and everyone upped the effort a few percent as you'd expect for the new gaffer, that's good - but other than that it wasn't vastly different to some other games we've seen, it still had tropes we've seen for while - a midfield that went a bit awol (offensively and defensively) at the first sign of pressure increased, an attack that stopped pressing, and a frailty all over.

And that's normal, I don't expect all those things to disappear over night, or even in a month or two, but we'll get some idea in a couple of months whether these issues are really being solved, whether that extra effort becomes standard, and if we do see that over a period of time, I'l happily jump aboard the suck each other off fest.

I'm not going to temper my desire to see what I think is a better equipped young player who's spent 10 years learning a specific position to given some time to develop. I think if Pochettino had not lost his bollocks where this is concerned, there's a good chance he'd still be in the job.

I'm not daft enough to think that Mourinho was going to pick Skipp today or even in the next few weeks, but that doesn't stop me thinking he'd be a better 6 than the likes of Dier and Sissoko with a couple of games under his belt. And if I'm still watching Sissoko and Dier there in 3 months time, chances are I'll feel the same about Mourinho doing it as I did Poch.

I have always found it weird how you watch players do shit things and call it great, and chuck in bullshit stats for god measure.

This time last year you were telling me how weird (and wrong) my take was - when I was saying performances were shit despite us making our best ever start and that they'd catch up with us. What happened next?

Show me that? just making up posts is odd ...

Nobody is surprised when you slam Sissoko, it's your go-to post, but when you blame him for everything it's pretty pathetic ...

Here's a question, after watching the game again, reviewing all the numbers, considering all the comments ... do you still stand by your unique analysis? even when 99% disagree with you?

That of course is your prerogative, but don't be surprised when called out for it .... the reality is Dier was not shit, it wasn't all Sissoko's fault, and this wasn't even close to our final performances under Poch ... if you can't see the difference - position, pass range, shooting, touches, aggression - maybe your blinkers need a good clean.

Last edited:
Well it comes up, but it looks like the entrance to a strip club in Gerrard Street.

BTW most of the links you post work on iOS, but they’re all a bit shit. Too buggy, too many adverts.
On the android apps like www.tvtap.net and www.livenettv.xyz you just get the one advert just before the channel loads and pressing your back button gets rid immediately. The only one with loads of ads is the website Soccer Streams - dedicated to the highest quality of free soccer / football streams The ads and 'bugs' are because of the people posting the streams on there.
Unfortunately iOS doesn't support the apks. LiveLounge is undoubtedly the best I've used for sports, movies and worldwide TV channels.
I'll obviously have to visit a strip club in Gerrard street before commenting on your comparison :roflmao:, all in the name of research of course.

Show me that? just making up posts is odd ...

Nobody is surprised when you slam Sissoko, it's your go yo post, but when you blame him for everything it's pretty pathetic ...

Here's a question, after watching the game again, reviewing all the numbers, considering all the comments ... do you still stand by your unique analysis? even when 99% disagree with you?

That of course is your prerogative, but don't be surprised when called out for it .... the reality is Dier was not shit, it wasn't all Sissoko's fault, and this wasn't even close to our final performances under Poch ... if you can't see the difference - position, pass range, shooting, touches, aggression - maybe your blinkers need a good clean.

Stop talking bollocks. I didn't say Dier was just shit, I said he's still doing the same shit things he's always done. Got read the match thread, the majority were grumbling about him and wanting him off at HT - I wasn't one of them even though I don't rate him as a midfielder. I didn't say everything was Sissoko's fault. I said I'd rather see Dier out there than him.

I said Mourinho made some small adjustments, slightly simplified the format and people's roles within it. Did you not read that ?

You don't think the Palace performance was close to today's ?

You want to think Mourinho has cured us of all our ills in 4 days, Dier is our Fernandinho and Sissoko is a good footballer, be my guest, I don't share that view.

Stop talking bollocks. I didn't say Dier was just shit, I said he's still doing the same shit things he's always done. Got read the match thread, the majority were grumbling about him and wanting him off at HT - I wasn't one of them even though I don't rate him as a midfielder. I didn't say everything was Sissoko's fault. I said I'd rather see Dier out there than him.

I said Mourinho made some small adjustments, slightly simplified the format and people's roles within it. Did you not read that ?

You don't think the Palace performance was close to today's ?

You want to think Mourinho has cured us of all our ills in 4 days, Dier is our Fernandinho and Sissoko is a good footballer, be my guest, I don't share that view.

He made massive game changing adjustments, played a front four with Son and Lucas in their best positions with Dele pushed up into his best position, he pushed the entire defence up twenty yards and dropped the ball around the back four tactic, he had Dier just in-front of the back four specifically to win headers (he won more headers than any Spurs midfield player has done in five years) he had Winks playing quick passes to Kane and Dele looking for them to make first time flicks to Son and Lucas, it was in fact an entirely different tactical set up to the last six months.

Only when the defence dropped back twenty yards and West Ham went from 40% possession to 70% possession did the "old ways" come back to haunt us ... that was down to tired legs as much as anything.

Not sure what game you watched but it clearly wasn't this one ...

On the android apps like www.tvtap.net and www.livenettv.xyz you just get the one advert just before the channel loads and pressing your back button gets rid immediately. The only one with loads of ads is the website Soccer Streams - dedicated to the highest quality of free soccer / football streams The ads and 'bugs' are because of the people posting the streams on there.
Unfortunately iOS doesn't support the apks. LiveLounge is undoubtedly the best I've used for sports, movies and worldwide TV channels.
I'll obviously have to visit a strip club in Gerrard street before commenting on your comparison :roflmao:, all in the name of research of course.
Yeah, lots of red and gold and dragon heads. I used to work round the corner in Greek Street. Avoid, it’s for tourists who still believe in the old sleazy Soho. Couple of decent pubs, but it’s lost its mucky charm.

He made massive game changing adjustments, played a front four with Son and Lucas in their best positions with Dele pushed up into his best position, he pushed the entire defence up twenty yards and dropped the ball around the back four tactic, he had Dier just in-front of the back four specifically to win headers (he won more headers than any Spurs midfield player has done in five years) he had Winks playing quick passes to Kane and Dele looking for them to make first time flicks to Son and Lucas, it was in fact an entirely different tactical set up to the last six months.

Only when the defence dropped back twenty yards and West Ham went fro 40% possession to 70% possession did the "old ways" come back to haunt us ... that was down to tired legs as much as anything.

Not sure what game you watched but it clearly wasn't this one ...

We've always played with a high line. What team have you been watching for theist 6 years ?

I thought you said we had 70% for the first 70 minutes?

That's just your take ... the reality is for 70 minutes we had 70% possession

Now you are saying 60%. Your realities change very quickly when you get called out on them. For the record, the actual figure was 58%. Which is in fact aggregate figure that West Ham had for the whole second half. We had 64% first Half.

Dier was barely any more in front fo the back four than Winks was for much of that game - if you look through the match thread you'll actually see some people questioning Why Mourinho seemed to have Winks as the deeper CM - for the record I responded that it was more just a classic double pivot.

I don't really give a fuck how many headers Dier won, I would expect my CB's to have that base reasonably well covered, what I would like is a CM who can play under pressure, offensively and defensively and doesn't shrink when the pressure's upped, who can compete a 3 yard pass without fucking it up, and who can turn quicker than thames cargo barge loaded with nutty slack.

I watched a game where we did some good things for 60 minutes and some shit things for 35. And that is definitely not the first time I've said that this season. Where we had 64% first half and they had 58% second half. And I am in no way a Poch apologist or anti Mourinho - just not a delusional fanboy.

Last edited:
We've always played with a high line. What team have you been watching for theist 6 years ?

I thought you said we had 70% for the first 70 minutes?

Now you are saying 60%. Your realities change very quickly when you get called out on them. For the record, the actual figure was 58%.

Dier was barely any more in front fo the back four than Winks was for much of that game - if you look through the match thread you'll actually see some people questioning Why Mourinho seemed to have Winks as the deeper CM - for the record I responded that it was more just a classic double pivot.

I don't really give a fuck how many headers Dier won, I would expect my CB's to have that base reasonably well covered, what I would like is a CM who can play under pressure, offensively and defensively and doesn't shrink when the pressure's upped, who can compete a 3 yard pass without fucking it up, and who can turn quicker than thames cargo barge loaded with nutty slack.

I watched a game where we did some good things for 60 minutes and some shit things for 35. And that os definitely not the first time I've said that this season. And I am in no way a Poch apologist or anti Mourinho - just not a delusional fanboy.

Whatever - you can't see the difference and everyone else can, in your own words "you really don't give a fuck" when you're shown up as plain wrong - you admit to not understanding Jose's tactics yesterday so let's leave it at that and just agree to disagree.

As long as you can't see the wood for the trees, can't accept changes, can't recognise ability, then your pre-conceived opinions on every game (Sissoko is shit, Dier can't play football, Winks can't pass) will become like farts in a storm ... blown away in milliseconds.

Whatever - you can't see the difference and everyone else can, in your own words "you really don't give a fuck" when you're shown up as plain wrong - you admit to not understanding Jose's tactics yesterday so let's leave it at that and just agree to disagree.

As long as you can't see the wood for the trees, can't accept changes, can't recognise ability, then your pre-conceived opinions on every game (Sissoko is shit, Dier can't play football, Winks can't pass) will become like farts in a storm ... blown away in milliseconds.

No, lets agree you talk bollocks, make stuff up to support that bollocks, say I've said stuff I haven't, misrepresent some of what I did, and Sissoko is shit.

No, lets agree you talk bollocks, make stuff up to support that bollocks, say I've said stuff I haven't, misrepresent some of what I did, and Sissoko is shit.
Hahha - that's about as weak a post as your usual bullshit match analysis - you really must try a bit harder - good to see you still got the standard Sissoko is shit comment in ... if we needed proof you're an idiot at least you keep providing it in spades .... sorry if a new manager, new tactics, and winning away upsets your bullshit theories, but come on yours was always a pretty crap analysis, now you're just a sad joke.

You claim it's the same shity players, and that nothings changed? But the truth is whilst our football very clearly has moved on, it's you who very obviously hasn't. Maybe you should just ponder that before your next "Sissoko is shit" rant .... but of course you won't, closed minds never do ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom