Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho also arrived at Porto in mid season in 2002. Porto was in 6th position which is terrible by the club standards and finished in 3rd. And he said “we are not gonna win the league this season, but next season we will” and he did.
his last job was at Man Utd that should be the reference point

That was a long time ago mate plus that was in Portugal. This is England, the PL is a tad harder to win.

:pochsmirk:
Yeah but he did won the UEFA cup and champions league. That’s the whole point of his career
However obviously times change and all. But it’s just a funny coincidence. Only the second time in his career he takes over as the head coach in mid season :)

Three cups and a second place? Sign me up
When he left they were 11 points off top 4 and had their worse points tally since 90-91, as you say he won trophies at Utd, it is the top job in football, he had loads of money to spend. You'd think that he would still be in that job now but he managed to mess it up.

I just hope we haven't taken on a man who is on the slide.

When he left they were 11 points off top 4 and had their worse points tally since 90-91, as you say he won trophies at Utd, it is the top job in football, he had loads of money to spend. You'd think that he would still be in that job now but he managed to mess it up.

I just hope we haven't taken on a man who is on the slide.
Be positive man. Let’s be positive.

Shows just how ill-informed some people can be ....

EPL winners in the last 20 years - 5 - Utd, Woolwich, Chelsea, City and Leicester
CL winners in the last 20 years - 9 - RM, Milan, Porto, Liverpool, Barcelona, Utd, Inter, Chelsea, BM

So you are saying to win a competition that has had nine different teams winning, is harder than to win a competition with just five different teams winning? Guessing maths not strong with you?

You are unlikely to win the EPL without winning 30+ games - in theory you can win the CL by winning just 6 games ... Liverpool won just 8 CL games last year ended up CL Winners ... we won just 6 to get to the final.

How can you think winning just 8 games is easier than winning over 30? in what universe does that possibly work?

in the universe where you have the top four teams from each of the top four leagues in the tournament

When Poch was first sacked and I heard the Jose links I was really, really sceptical. But seeing his press conference has really put me at ease about it, he doesn't seem like the Mourinho that everyone saw at United, I think he's in the right headspace and we've potentially pulled off a blinder getting him in while his reputation is in need of some repairing. We've been guilty of being nice for a long, long time and this is us showing that bit of ruthlessness that all top teams have.

I voted that he's a knob originally and I'm completely hypocritical. I think he's embarrassing, particularly when he was encouraging players to raise three fingers as though they had won some kind of treble at United. Complete knob.

However, I'd be over the fucking moon if he did that here! I detested the guy at other clubs and I've come around in the last couple days. Make no mistake though, if we win something with him, he's lovable Jose in my book!

No offence to Poch, but recently I have been resigned to losing our star players and perhaps wallowing about in the middle of the table for a couple of years. That I’d got used to accepting lately.
But now, all of a sudden, I can well believe that we could actually win the League next season.

Back
Top Bottom