Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my opinion yes, he's a knob. But he's also a proven winner and our club desperately need some silverware. So if he wins us some trophies I'm sure I can live with his personality.

I’m at the stage where I couldn’t give a fuck if he’s a knob or not

I couldn’t give a fuck if he parks the bus and has a siege mentality with the rest of the PL

I couldn’t give a fuck what cuntery he uses to get results and I hope he fucks Klopp and Pep right off in the process

Just get them and win things

That’s all I want now

Keep going...(fap fap fap fap)
giphy.gif

Kane's body language is, "Oh Christ, here he comes."

Impressed by the clip of training tbh.

If he tightens us up at the back and cuts out this passing for the sake of it possession game of Poch's philosophy, I kind of expect big things.

Interested to see if he rates the like of Sissoko and Aurier especially.

In the press conf today, it should be agreed that the journo that askes Mourinho what "special xxx" we should call him now, should be immediately led out of the room and strung up outside the stadium and have crap thrown at him for a week.

A few random reflections on day 2:

• You cannot change the past. Poch (I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for us, man! ) is not with us anymore and this cannot be changed. Mou is our manager, I still feel ashamed for that (mainly because I always thought he’s got no class), but I support the club and from now on I want him do do well, even better than Poch

• Nobody is bigger than the club. We hired a guy who thinks he is, we know that and we will have to put up with that , sooner or later. It’s what happens before that that will make the difference

• Mou seems more mellow and wise than he was in the past and his first words were quite clever and diplomatic

• This job for him is significantly different for two reason:
    • He’s never replaced a manager while the season was on going
    • He’s never worked with a club that will spend less than any other top club. He could have found other jobs sooner or later and get paid as much as with us or more. Is he doing it out of some new ambition? Maybe because it’s the easiest job possible to restore his image? (as in : I am still the best manager and I am proving it , but of course you cannot expect me to get the same results at Spurs as I would in any big spending club). We will see…

• I have always thought that one day we would have sold the likes of Kane and Son, because they came into the club too early and they will go to win major trophies somewhere else (it’s from the next generation that I will expect to compete for that year in year out) . I start to think that it’s possible that they will stay

• Expectations:

This year: 5th place and a good run. Thrashing woolwich at home and finishing above them, and a lot of verbal humilation from Mou to them :) . Winning all our derbies at home and not losing any away at least. At least one home victory against LiVARpool, City or Leicester. FA cup would be nice. MORE THAN DECENT FOOTBALL TO WATCH, PLEASE. Oh, I forgot: a lot of verbal humiliation to the chavs as well, please :)

Next year: Top four and a cup

• You cannot change the past. Poch (I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for us, man! ) is not with us anymore and this cannot be changed. Mou is our manager, I still feel ashamed for that (mainly because I always thought he’s got no class), but I support the club and from now on I want him do do well, even better than Poch

• Nobody is bigger than the club. We hired a guy who thinks he is, we know that and we will have to put up with that , sooner or later. It’s what happens before that that will make the difference

• Mou seems more mellow and wise than he was in the past and his first words were quite clever and diplomatic

• He’s never worked with a club that will spend less than any other top club. He could have found other jobs sooner or later and get paid as much as with us or more. Is he doing it out of some new ambition? Maybe because it’s the easiest job possible to restore his image? (as in : I am still the best manager and I am proving it , but of course you cannot expect me to get the same results at Spurs as I would in any big spending club). We will see…

• I have always thought that one day we would have sold the likes of Kane and Son, because they came into the club too early and they will go to win major trophies somewhere else (it’s from the next generation that I will expect to compete for that year in year out) . I start to think that it’s possible that they will stay

• Expectations:

This year: 5th place and a good run. Thrashing woolwich at home and finishing above them, and a lot of verbal humilation from Mou to them :) . Winning all our derbies at home and not losing any away at least. At least one home victory against LiVARpool, City or Leicester. FA cup would be nice. MORE THAN DECENT FOOTBALL TO WATCH, PLEASE. Oh, I forgot: a lot of verbal humiliation to the chavs as well, please :)

Agree with everything except the bold part. If players have confidence in him and trust 100% of what he says, he becomes a legend for his club. Never in his life would he think he's better than Porto or Inter, and that's down to the board and the players of those clubs.

Of course it’s a mess.....we’re 14th

With several players running their contracts down, the dressing room split into little cliques taking sides in the Jan/ CE problem and players like Moose and Tripps making negative comments

A new broom needed and we’ve got one so I’m delighted

Souness spoke of Jose being an 'angry and bitter' man after his time at Utd. Let's hope that desire for rebuilding his reputation manifests itself in our future success.

After his recent sabbatical I have a feeling we are going to see a very different approach by him regarding management in the PL this time.

Looking forward to hearing him speak tomorrow and then seeing his team selection for Saturday.

Joining United right after being fired at Chelsea was such an emotional move.

It was like being dumped by your GF and then sleeping with one of her friends. You don’t give a fuck about the friend, you just want to hurt your ex

• Expectations:

Bullet points
190818104024663225.png

• Expectations:

I think we will go on a run and finish 4th and have a good shot at the FA Cup and a creditable run in the CL

Mourinho knows very well how to make a good first impression.

Also him hugging and smiling in training has been viewed 2 million times.
His press conference will make us all fall in love, no doubt .

I'm not saying he's not genuine, I am just convinced Mourinho is véry calculated.

Back
Top Bottom