Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only thing that could make today worse would be if I hear that Emery is sacked in response.... please God no. I hope Poch just goes to manage the Argentinian national team.

So now we should be able to find out why these guys are payed millions to manage a club. Cuz i ha e no fucking clue who replaces him now

Sorry buddy but that’s a pretty naive comment. Poch needed 140m two years ago. We were on the decline last year and he needed funds to keep the momentum. That’s where Fergie was great. Getting rid of players and bringing new ones in BEFORE there was a problem. Levy waited until there was a problem and by that point there wasn’t much he could do about it. I will say though, he was dreadfully unlucky Lo Celso got injured so early in the season. I’d like to know if we’d still be in position we’re in if Eriksen has been drafted to the U-21s and Lo Celso starting very game since the beginning of the season

Nobody forced Poch to play Wanyama and Dier ahead of Skipp this season, or to play Toby ahead of Tanganga. To keep relying on Eriksen to start matches. He chose to put his faith in the seniors and not the young talents and he has to accept the consequences.

He kept banging on about how painful the rebuild was going to be but didn’t seem willing to actually be ruthless and deliver it. Eriksen has no business starting matches.

When did we last win away cunt?
And don’t say he wasn’t backed as Ndombele and GLC weren’t cheap , and No one can do fuck all if the manager doesn’t play them, poch has had the best talent available to him during his time here without a shadow of a doubt mourhino , klopp or Pep would have won stuff with our squad
Oi retard I told you once....FUCK OFF, not in the mood for your fucking bullshit tonight. BEST MANAGER IN YEARS....fucking end of....and call me a cunt again I'll find you and and fucking squirt lemon juice in your eyes...cunt.

Still trying to process it to be honest.

Best manager in my lifetime. Made me fall in love with it all again after the AVB and Sherwood times. Gave us some of the greatest moments in the last 20+ years.

The love he showed for the club. The tears on the final game at The Lane. The passion when he got us to the Champions League final. The way he conducts himself. He's magic.

Redknapp once said when he was manager that it was as good as it gets but then Pochettino came along.

I genuinely feel like with Poch, this is as good as it gets. He had us punching above our weight. Not many affordable guys out there will make us do the same.

Mourinho? Have a laugh.

Ffs back to square one! But thank you Mauricio the last 4 seasons have been brilliant and will never be forgotten by those who appreciated you and what you were about unfortunately you can’t please all of the people all of the time. I really hope your career goes from strength to strength and you achieve all you hope too....just a crying shame it wasn’t with us.....:(

Like many have said, sad but needed.

Love the man and he brought much needed stability, but he lost the fire awhile ago and you could see it in his selection, tactics, and public displays.

93 straight games we changed our starting XI and did things like play 3 CBs and no Kane on the bench vs Colchester in a season where he said it was vital to win a trophy.

Taking emotion out of it he average a point a game and are bottom of the 2019 league based on form and points. It's a huge shame but it is a results business and I see why the board have done this.

Best of luck Poch, you gave us our best Spurs team in some time but it's done now, thanks for the memories.

Last edited:
Sorry buddy but that’s a pretty naive comment. Poch needed 140m two years ago. We were on the decline last year and he needed funds to keep the momentum. That’s where Fergie was great. Getting rid of players and bringing new ones in BEFORE there was a problem. Levy waited until there was a problem and by that point there wasn’t much he could do about it. I will say though, he was dreadfully unlucky Lo Celso got injured so early in the season. I’d like to know if we’d still be in position we’re in if Eriksen has been drafted to the U-21s and Lo Celso starting very game since the beginning of the season
Lo Celso injury certainly didn’t help but he hardly would have stopped us defending like clowns for nigh on a year

Back
Top Bottom