The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
no I don’t think you get what I’m saying.

United and Everton spent a fuck ton of money the last 2 summer windows.

they still have terrible managers leading the way. You can throw a ton of money at new players but if you have a poor manager you’re going to have poor results
That was what I thought we were on the same page on. A poor manager ?

Yeah that's what I mean. Under ENIC we are not winning titles. It really is top 4 is are main aim. My issue with that is its hard for key players to stay really motivated by top 4 at best. Then things will become stale & you have unhappy players. So we agree league or CL is unlikely under ENIC. So it can't really be great for players like kane to think at best it's top 4 & maybe a domestic cup. I am not winning the big prizes here. So we need to count on them having a lack of ambition to win the big prizes.

To some part, I agree.
But just pointing it out that winning EPL in current state is very-very difficult for absolutely every owner. Look at the amount of money City has burned in last 15 years, and even they are not dominating the league on their own.

Also, my point was more short-term. I don't think we could win either of those trophies this season nor most likely next. What happens after that is totally up in the air. Klopp could take over Germany, Pep is most likely to move on in few years time as well. Just like no-one expected such fall from grace with us, it could happen to others as well.

We have had 2 realistic shots at major glory in past 5 years. And while it is up to debate, I don't think that in either of these instances it was ENIC's fault for us not getting them.

Does anyone know if Premier League managers have break clauses in their contract regarding performance?

I.e. If we’re lower than 15th in the league come Christmas then we can sack you for nada.

I’d have thought that Levy, being the astute businessman that he is would have planned for this sort of eventuality.

Or maybe not.

There is no chink of light is probably the worst indictment.

No part that is functioning well and nothing that is the envy of anyone, including our once feted manager.

There are so many negatives but Pochettino remains.

Maybe the biggest concern amongst a basket of issues is the amount of leads we relinquish and our inability to score the crucial match-winning goal.

That's got to be mentality and that is 100% on Pochettino and the psychology within the team for the last year.

It really has become a question of who knows what comes next.

No part that is functioning well and nothing that is the envy of anyone, including our once feted manager
Been a long time since the media were trying to sell him to everyone for us.
Now we’re stuck....got less stock than Emery, which isn’t surprising considering Emery has won 9 trophies, including a title and triple back to back ELs

Someone made an extremely interesting well rumour on Twitter but could it have legs?

Our form took a nosedive in 2019 Jose Mourinho got sacked on December 18th 2018

Could the infamous all for one mentality that Poch installed be pissed on by the fact he wanted out and the players got wind of it?

There is correlation in history, 1974 ( before many of us were born I know ) Bill Nic takes Spurs to a major European Final, loses and then faces a rebuild. Starts the following season in woeful form and resigns. Realising that try as he might he has nothing left to give. There is little in the way of wild rumours in history, no contract rebels, no Man U flirting, just a simple no more left situation. Maybe that’s where we are ?

when my anger drops ( and by Christ have I been angry at Spurs this year - silly I know ) I see pictures of Poch like on that Ornstien Twitter post and I am reminded how much I like and admire the fella, it’s going to be so sad to see him go, but I can’t see him staying, but I think I do want him to stay and find a way out of this. But...my head says no.

this is a quote from a wise man that some of those wage thieves should look at....putting it here as it does not go naturally anywhere else.

“Any player coming to Spurs, whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy, must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing......”

.............On 26 November 2012, however, following a 0–2 home loss against Getafe CFthat left the team in last place with just nine points from 13 matches and with the manager complaining about the financial restrictions being placed upon him,[35] his contract was terminated by mutual consent at the end of that month.........

Poch’s Wikipedia page, note how it ended at his beloved Espanyol.

Where were Southampton when he left them?

Back
Top Bottom