Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank God I couldn't find a stream. Was it really that bad? I've said before we ought to go after Baldock and I think Shelvey would add spine and some guts and firepower to MF. Should be making offers in the new year. Baldock probably has no interest but Shelvey would love to come. (Imo) btw. The water off Gozo is spectacular for scuba diving. Mrs. P. You should get over there and give it a try. But DON'T eat the Lampuki.
Glad you enjoyed Gozo, it's not as built up as Malta. I love lampuki, never had any problem with it, maybe you were unlucky. Flying out again tomorrow, but don't really venture out very far these days, mum' s more or less housebound now :(

Honestly, I thought he was poor today. Gave the ball away a few times, slow runs, no crosses, no invention.
That sounds like Davies alright. On another note, people can stop licking their lips at Sessegnon coming back and filling the void. Poch played him at left wing on Wed and I’m confident that’s where he’s going to have him play. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised in the future if he moves Son to the other wing to accommodate him.

So this another example of levy messing up & losing us money? 30m we could lose after levy decided to give him a long contract.

The hypocrisy & hindsight-cuntery is astounding (and seemingly never ending).....

#PayTheMan
#KeepHimAwayFromMadrid

:avbfu:

Really struggling to understand all the negativity and pessimism on the forums. I still genuinely believe we can stay up, I really do.

I think you are mad to go when we are in such a mess. But it shows what a good loyal fan you are for going. Just when the team needs you & others to get behind them.Weather is crap too. Good on ya goat. At least we didn't lose. I am waiting for us to draw a non league club in the FA Cup so I can go see a guaranteed win.
it's certainly not guaranteed. The game against Colchester was 'guaranteed' and look how that ended

Dier was quite obvously given instructions to play mid to long range passes fom the back to beat Sheffield United's press.

Yet, on the bench we have a CB who is one of the best long range passers in the world in his position, Toby Alderweireld.

It's just such shit management.

As fans we have to accept that the 4-5 year cycle has finished and now it's a rebuilding job. The football ain't great especially in the PL but this was always going to happen. Players get older. Poch needs to really go all out in the cups. The FA cup now is a big priority.

I love this forum sometimes. Everyone was saying how great the lineup is before the game and I asked the question “who everyone will blame if we didn’t get a result”. It’s still the manager! Maybe I’m in the minority now but this as much a player issue than anything, not to mention Poch didn’t get the money he needed two years ago.

Lo Celso was our best player on the pitch today, it’s not Poch’s fault that he was injured for the last while. He is an automatic starter now. Kane was off it tonight so perhaps that was an illness related. Son was good. Was really impressed with Alli tonight actually. Played some really good one touch passes. Had our full backs been better, we might have got a few passes in. Davies was solid at the back but can’t cross (did people not know that). I’d start Rose knowing that someone will need to cover for him as his defending can be subjective sometimes. Aurier was poor. I think Foyth should be starting but Foyth can be pretty slow so will need to bear that in mind (where oh where is Trippier). Dier was beyond shocking tonight. Not only was his defending very suspect but his passing was atrocious. Better teams would have got him sent off or exploited him. I think Alderweireld needs to be starting. Anyone who thinks Moura should be starting is just stupid in fairness. That guy is an impact sub pure and simple. I’ve seen many like him over the years but unfortuently for him, that won’t change.

Overall it was very laboured. There was very little energy and passing was slow most of the time. That is down to two things: this lineup was pretty new and they need to get used to each other but the second major point is that these guys are devoid of confidence. Only thing Poch can do now is keep the starting lineup relatively consistent, keep the defence tight and don’t concede early or late goals, and just keep at it.

I wasn’t super impressed with the match BUT I saw some positives.

The sad thing is, it just feels like the end. Laboured, slow, confused. I honestly don’t know how you arrest this downturn without significant change.

If it’s a case of just getting through this season and giving him £200 million to spend, so be it.

I’m just not sure I trust his recruitment or overall plan.

So many stray passes from Dier
No idea why Toby didn’t play
Because Toby has been shit all season too.
If Poch has any designs on being here next season, he'll be getting Tanganga ready for first team action either by blooding him or by loaning him out to be blooded elsewhere.

We're suffering due to all our centre halves barring Dav playing utter pish

Who hasn't scored in any Old Firm matches, missing what, 3 open goals from within 6 yards?
And who do you support in Scotland? 🙈 69 goals in 115 games, 11 goals in Europa League this season, 23 years old. Excellent pedigree, will go onto become a top top player. Would be an excellent understudy to Kane, I won’t have anyone tell me otherwise

Back
Top Bottom