Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
You have already conceded Poch “should probably go”. You folded John.
No need to shoehorn my views, they are transparent. It is what it is.
I don’t have favourites.
Yes Sammy.
I conceded he should have gone last Summer after Levy failed to match his ambition.
I'm not too proud to admit the whole situation is now a combined clusterfuck.
A manager who's lost respect for his chairman. A chairman without the bollocks to sack him because he knows he won't attract another who'll consistently deliver his top 4 riches on a shoestring.

When will you concede it's time for Levy to get his coat.

You threaten it each week if he doesn't sack Poch.
:angryscouser:

When's the tipping point, matey.

Last edited:
Yes Sammy.
I conceded he should have gone last Summer after Levy failed to match his ambition.
I'm not too proud to admit the whole situation is now a combined clusterfuck.
When will you concede it's time for Levy to get his coat.

You threaten it each week if he doesn't sack Poch.
:angryscouser:

When's the tipping point, matey.
Ive already answered that a few days ago.
You quoted and replied to that answer.

You remind me of a senile person, and I’m not joking. What’s the point of asking questions, ignoring the answers and then asking me again?

Here’s that conversation

It depends on the damage he allows Poch to cause to save 30M

Missing top 4 won’t make me want new owners.
It wouldnt even be a sole reason for me to want Poch out. There are tens and tens of reasons that have amounted to why I want Poch out.

Mid table I would feel was a disaster, but I’d want to see what the new project was under a new management team.

Mid table or below, winning fuck all and keeping Poch, I’d be looking at new owners
Fair play.
Cleared your position up pretty bluntly

This was a just three days ago....now you are here asking me what my tipping point is again.

So we didn’t sign Ndombele?
Or you mean Ndombele would be better if he cost more?
Your second question is meaningless and empty.

Don't pretend you are clever, why do you ignore the first part of the post?
I tell you why, because SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur is writing a load of guff.

Homework for you to keep you away form here: What is net spend of Summer 2019? Include Dembele £10m to China.

Last edited:
Our owners have the money to be competitive on the pitch, they CHOOSE not to be and hide the lack of ambition under the guise of long term stability and some of our supporters are lapping it up because we're doing things "the right way" should change our fucking club motto to that.

Class. To Dare Is to Do ThingsThe Right Way

:harrylol:

Last edited:
This was a just three days ago....now you are here asking me what my tipping point is again.
I doubt the tipping point would ever really come for you though, Sammy.
Not really.
I think you know that too,. When push comes to shove, you'll always find someone or something else to blame.
You can't ,even now, bring yourself to admit you made a complete buffoon of yourself during the cop out transfer windows when you championed not improving the squad.
Like so many others, I think you're in denial.

Last edited:
When John Thomas John Thomas and sammyspurs sammyspurs finally fuck each other

giphy-39.gif

tenor-21.gif

tenor-20.gif

giphy-42.gif

giphy-40.gif

tenor-19.gif

Faroff-Beloved-Andeancat-size-restricted.gif

J0nE-1.gif

I doubt the tipping point would ever really come for you though, Sammy.
Not really.
I think you know that too,. When push comes to shove, you'll always find someone or something else to blame.
You can't ,even now, bring yourself to admit you made a complete buffoon of yourself during the cop out transfer windows when you championed not improving the squad.
Like so many others, I think you're in denial.
So ask me something and when I answer you say “I don’t believe you.”

The 2018 window was ok, proven by how far the back up got with major injuries to key players.
You keep talking about 2018.

In two months it’s 2020 John.
Three days ago you said fair play to my answer and called it a blunt clarification.

Now you don’t believe the same post.
Seriously, I’d go and see someone if I were you.

I like you John, although we have a different view on many things you come across well thought out and to the point but these kind of posts don't help you mate. The majority of people know that the £6m Levy was paid was made up largely of a one off payment in bonus for all the work he did on the stadium project, roughly half of it I believe.

I know you're anti Levy but these kind of posts don't paint a true and fair picture, it's just propaganda to reaffirm what you believe. If anyone has the actual payment he received that's separate for the bulk bonus that would probably be a far fairer thing to analyse. We also have to remember that unlike Woodward and Gazidis he does actually own a large part of the football club as well so rightly so with the risk and responsibility involved he should earn a little more as well in my opinion.

Take the bonus off and paint a truer picture please pal.

Edit- here's a link I've found quickly to highlight something about it for anyone thinking the £6m was for business as usual work Levy did that year:

However, it’s not the full picture. Levy’s £6m “wage” includes not only substantial bonuses for delivering Spurs’ new stadium — a hugely complicated and transformative project that is expected to boost the club’s stature into the upper echelon of the Premier League — but also includes a back-dated pay raise and bonuses for Spurs’ profit margins recently.

Building a stadium is a hugely difficult task, requiring countless hours of logistics, management, and budgetary work over an extended period of time, and Levy has pulled it off magnificently. He’s due to deliver what will almost certainly be the finest stadium in England on time (if not under budget). It should rightfully be considered the capstone achievement of his tenure as Tottenham Hotspur chairman.

what follows is not targeted at you in response my fellow Spur, so please don’t think I am digging you. I am not.

the Stadium was late, and twice the original price (apparently). That article was written in April 18, months before the cunts cheated us and bounced us back to Wembley for a further delightfully complicated and expensive 8 month stay. And before we went two windows with no new players and before the players started to get pumped up the wrong un by shit like Burnley and West Fucking Ham.

I know who deserves the 6 million quid, it’s the supporters ( aka client reference numbers ) who stumped up for Wembley, travel home and away and have had things like two cup games or Champions league packages removed as their reward. And whom now enjoy the company of Red Star fans in the home end or some prick in an AEK Athens shirt in what is the modern “shelf” at the Bayern Munich game !

sure Levy deserves his pay, of course he does, but not in a way that portrayed him as kind soul doing us all a favour by refusing his money year on year while he turned us back into what we already were, just a bit more shiny, before it’s gone to absolute shit and he’s now managed to oversee the reinvention of 90’s Spurs.

Last edited:
what follows is not targeted at you in response my fellow Spur, so please don’t think I am digging you. I am not.

the Stadium was late, and twice the original price (apparently). That article was written in April 18, months before the cunts cheated us and bounced us back to Wembley for a further delightfully complicated and expensive 8 month stay. And before we went two windows with no new players and before the players started to get pumped up the wrong un by shit like Burnley and West Fucking Ham.

I know who deserves the 6 million quid, it’s the supporters ( aka client reference numbers ) who stumped up for Wembley, travel home and away and have had things like two cup games or Champions league packages removed as their reward. And whom now enjoy the company of Red Star fans in the home end or some prick in an AEK Athens shirt in what is the modern “shelf” at the Bayern Munich game !

sure Levy deserves his pay, of course he does, but not in a way that portrayed him as kind soul doing us all a favour by refusing his money year on year while he turned us back into what we already were, just a bit more shiny, before it’s gone to absolute shit and he’s now managed to oversee the reinvention of 90’s Spurs.

I get that, it makes absolute sense to me and it's completely fair and justified. I've never built or been a part of such a huge project or build. Having to build over the old place was always going to have the potential for hiccups and sadly we had one but it could be worse than having to play a further dozen or so games at Wembley whilst we faced those delays.

I do see where you're coming from and I agree that there were issues but it was a massive project that it seems took a lot of his time. I honestly have no idea what the salary or fee for someone overlooking such a project, one that's taken up nearly two decades of planning but an extra years worth of salary for doing so, on top of the standard business as usual stuff he's had to juggle it with as well seems reasonable to me.

Everyone's stance on this will be different of course but the numbers John posted were aimed directly at the wrongly skewed figures statin that Levy got twice a as much as the nearest director anywhere in the PL earns which simply isn't true. It's false information that the article used to push shithousery a shame the numbers involve different a huge one off payment. That can't be ignored as it isn't a fair and true reflection of how the club an drew it's finances operate.

Some will say he didn't earn it, some will say he did. My beef was with the article that worded itself like the £6m Levy received is for normal goings on, which clearly it isn't or wasn't.

It's not a "load of guff" whatsoever, do you truly, honestly believe that the stadium being built means that we are suddenly going to start spending big money on players consistently and try to challenge for trophies by consistently refreshing the squad?

We sold players in order to finance those deals you mentioned, no different to what ENIC have been doing all along, we lost Trippier and Dembele, one of which (Trippier) we didn't even replace because it funded the Ndombele deal, a player we needed to replace Dembele, Lo Celso is a loan to buy...

Our squad was negelected for two entire windows before this one and Levy has gone on record at the last meeting saying the reason we didn't do more business is because we couldn't sell certain players., so if you think those purchases this window is because we have now loosened the purse strings because of the stadium being built then your naive.

What I wrote is the truth until the evidence shows otherwise, for some the truth is hard to swallow though because it shows our owners for what they are and shatters the illusion that ENIC have ambition for this club to consistently win things when the reality is, as long as they are making profit, they are happy.

But if it makes you feel cosy thinking that a Thatcher like trickle down economics austerity model where we "live within our means" which puts profits before anything else will benefit the club on the pitch then that's your choice.

Our owners have the money to be competitive on the pitch, they CHOOSE not to be and hide the lack of ambition under the guise of long term stability and some of our supporters are lapping it up because we're doing things "the right way" should change our fucking club motto to that.
Don’t waste your time with clueless melts

Your second question is meaningless and empty.

Don't pretend you are clever, why do you ignore the first part of the post?
I tell you why, because SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur is writing a load of guff.

Homework for you to keep you away form here: What is net spend of Summer 2019? Include Dembele £10m to China.
You seem to think net spend has an effect on the quality of a signing.

Is that the case?
We signed 4 players.

One on loan, one was injured but ready now, and two started on the bench at Liverpool and Poch played last years team.

Are you saying if we had a huge net spend, Ndombele and Lo Celso would have started?

Yes.

The only tangible evidence we have thus far of our willingness to spend now the stadium's built is this past summer.

We broke our transfer record twice.

Facts don't care about feelings.

Your "truth" ain't no truth at all. It's your opinion and a prediction.

Fyi - We got to the CL final and qualified for the CL, again, without spending. More evidence against your bollocks

I was going to waste my time responding to this but it's honestly pointless for me to do so.

I have already addressed what you said about our spending and how it was funded by sales and nothing to do with the stadium and you have ignored it because you don't want to see the evidence in front of you.

You're right, facts don't care about feelings, in which case your post is redundant because the facts show that ENIC have had the same business model the entire time they have been here, your feelings tell you things are going to change from now on.

Also, using the CL final as a reason to shout "we didn't need to spend!" whilst ignoring the fact that we have 23 points from 22 games since January just shows your inability to view things critically.

If you want to keep shilling for the owners that's your choice, I prefer to put the club first.

I was going to waste my time responding to this but it's honestly pointless for me to do so.

I have already addressed what you said about our spending and how it was funded by sales and nothing to do with the stadium and you have ignored it because you don't want to see the evidence in front of you.

You're right, facts don't care about feelings, in which case your post is redundant because the facts show that ENIC have had the same business model the entire time they have been here, your feelings tell you things are going to change from now on.

Also, using the CL final as a reason to shout "we didn't need to spend!" whilst ignoring the fact that we have 23 points from 22 games since January just shows your inability to view things critically.

If you want to keep shilling for the owners that's your choice, I prefer to put the club first.
Price of arrivals = £150m
Price of sales = £30m

BuT wE oNlY sPeNt MoNeY wE gAiNeD fRoM sAlEs!

You should have gone with your instinct and not replied you silly idiot.

Price of arrivals 102.6 million
Price of departures 31.5
Net spend 19/20- 71.5 million
net spend 18/19 minus 4. 82 million

combined net spend 18/19 +19/20 66.7 million

averaging a net spend of 33.35 million per year based on the last 2 years.

Figures according to transfermarkt

Back
Top Bottom