Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Defend this comment from Poch you bunch of absolute fucking morons

The bloke has lost the plot, honestly. Absolutley nothing on Eriksen whatsoever but then takes a shit on the best player on the pitch after coming on.

Poch is so arrogant that he would rather shit on a good player than have his own shit decisions challenged and be made to look bad for not playing him from the start.

Does anyone really believe he will be here at the start of next season? I really don’t understand why we are still persisting with him. He has spurned the clubs biggest opportunity for multiple silverware over the last fives seasons with the team he was given and we are regressing massively under him now.

Poch and his ego are what's costing this team right now, Mr "If we win the CL I will leave spurs" and talking up the Madrid job, thinks he is better than he actually is.

That Ndombele comment has pissed me off because it's so inaccurate he either has to be blind or just to arrogant to admit that he was wrong for not playing him from the start.

Anyone defending Poch due to transfers 18 months ago doesn’t understand football.

That’s just a fact.
You don’t know tactics, and you don’t get the game. If you think his hands are tied here with that match day squad, you are utterly clueless and an embarrassing mess of a fan.

You should have your membership on TFC revoked. Time wasting cunts, go and watch volleyball you know fuck all about the game.

Poch has been unhappy at least since the CL final. In interviews he's up and down, touchy, defensive. I can only think he doesn't believe he's got the squad to take us forward, and that has transmitted itself to the players. He seems especially resentful towards Levy and the board for not delivering, particularly after last year's achievements and after he turned down Real Madrid. Understandable, but you have to move on, and it is not clear that he has been able to.

That's the only way I can explain the sad transformation, because no doubt he was brilliant, and I believe he still has it in him, just maybe not with us.

After mid week I thought he had a chance to turn a corner. But mistakes like today are how you start to lose the players, including guys like Kane and Son who still try their hearts out. Benching Ndombele after a breakthrough game midweek, picking Eriksen when he's offered next to nothing all season and openly says he wants to leave. Continuing to play Rose over Davies. Refusing to play Lo Celso more than a few minutes, when our midfield has been on its knees since January.

If he's going to turn it round, he needs to find that belief and commitment, and fast. I can still just about see a way this turns round, but it's getting harder.

Meanwhile, Pochettino has warned that Tottenham’s new signings — Tanguy Ndombele, Giovani Lo Celso and Ryan Sessegnon — will need at least 18 months, or even two years, before they can regularly produce their best football for the club.

“For me, when you sign a player, despite the amount you pay, with the profile of Tanguy Ndombele or Giovani Lo Celso or Ryan Sessegnon you need minimum one year and a half, or two years,” said Pochettino.

Well that's cheered me up no end......He always seems to be trying to buy time lately.
Link
He's ridiculous

“For me, when you sign a player, despite the amount you pay, with the profile of Tanguy Ndombele or Giovani Lo Celso or Ryan Sessegnon you need minimum one year and a half, or two years,” said Pochettino.

So there we have it.
Poch unequivocally dismissing the notion that signings in 2018 would have made an impact last season and probably not even this season, at the most, the latter half.

Joke of a manager and shame on you fans who keep believing this fucking bullshit

Always an excuse
No excuse mate, just a factual interpretation from the journo that asked the actual question.

I've seen you write many, many times on here arguing with people about selecting elements from what the manager says, being selective with what you want to take from an interview, whilst ignoring the entire interview or having it misrepresented with a media spin to something else.

I find it important and relevant to post what the journo who asked the question and therefore actually sat in the fucking room thought and interpreted his answer as that which I posted. If you choose to ignore that that's absolutely fine by me, I don't give a shit about it, just screams as hypocrisy from you though.

Last edited:
No excuse mate, just a factual interpretation from the journo that asked the actual question.

I've seen you write many, many times on here arguing with people about selecting elements from what the manager says, being selective with what you want to take from an interview, whilst ignoring the entire interview or having it misrepresented with a media spin to something else.

I find it important and relevant to post what the journo who asked the question and therefore actually sat in the fucking though and interpreted his answer as that which I posted. If you chooice to ignore that that's absolutely fine by me, I don't give a shit about it, just screams as hypocrisy from you though.

agree. I saw the comment and thought WTF?! then I watched the clip Boro put up....

Agree that the issue wasn’t Tanguy performance but being asked why he didn’t start. Also true that there is more space to play in final 30 than first 60 mins.

but also agree that Tanguy has to start!!

I don’t understand how he just waited for them to eventually score two before making changes. Apart from our fullbacks, our players are on Liverpool’s level. Our tactics and game management aren’t.

Back
Top Bottom