Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
this mess has been going on since last feb, and nothing has been done.
Levy had 2 weeks to sack Poch and get in new guy, now we are stuck with a guy that thinks getting players fit is a tactic, its not tactics are how you play and change games
The problem is that now it is a game of chicken. It is too expensive to sack him but Poch wants to go. Hopefully we can sort out a 'deal' to let him go.

So, if his tactics are so poor, why were we putting on so much more pressure in the second half?

It's not his overall tactics, but the needless early goals that are killing us against poor teams. Poch's tactics have been built around possession and defence, get a patient goal to open up the game and bring the opposing team out, thereby freeing up space behind. However, as anyone (except Danny Rose) can defend really well nowadays, when we give away early goals it means we have to play a more assertive game.

As our last few games have given up goals from route 1 (or similar), or freak worldies (I'm thinking BM, here), early or before we have a strong lead means that tactic has gone.

The lack of Plan B is the issue - and he's a little too conservative to pull the trigger on full-on attack until the last ten minutes. I think the very best coaches probably have an overall football nous that covers a range of tactics, but Poch notsomuch. Perhaps he needs a little mentoring in the form of if - then. I hate to make the comparison, but Wenger suffered with it, too.

Having said that, all the top coaches get 'found out', and this is a stage of adaptation. Mourinho has been sussed, Pep is losing a little more than he did...perhaps there's something that Poch is trying that we're never seeing come out?

Diamond is shit, though. Need a proper DM.

It wasn't meaningful pressure, just possession.

We fashioned very little in the way of meaningful chances. It was abject.
Well, we had a lot of corners, which is most you can expect against a 10-man defence, for most of the game. But, yeh, I get what you mean. Definite improvement second half, though, and the last ten or fifteen minutes were okay.

I'm looking for positives from drawing 1-1 with Watford, tbh.

The problem is that now it is a game of chicken. It is too expensive to sack him but Poch wants to go. Hopefully we can sort out a 'deal' to let him go.

Are events at Old Trafford likely to intervene anytime soon? Or would Pochettino even me the target there anymore when Solskjaer is moved on.

It's his arrogance that will see his end (and it IS coming).

He thinks he's got time to tippy toe around bringing in GLC and Sess, like they need time to absorb his 'tactical wizardry'. 🙄

He absolutely hasn't.

Deluded.

They need 20/30 mins here and there to get in this to help us out.

ASA-fucking-P.

Pochettino will not get the Madrid gig. He hasn't won anything and he has demonstrated an inability to deal with a fractured squad.
He also requires a team that will train like nutters and blast opponents away with super high-energy and relentless pressing due to the fact he has very limited tactical nous and needs those elements to bludgeon through wins.

lol at entitled RM players rollin' with that.

He'd get sacked in six months.

Thèse comments may turn a few heads :pochfacepalm:

Lol what the fuck is he doing? Why is he blaming the atmosphere? The fans sung his name even when we were 0-1 down, what the fuck is he expecting when we’ve been absolutely fucking shit for more than 6 months? Have the fans kneel before him?

He's getting on my tits now.

He's a fucking drama queen.
Another fucking totally incomprehensible excuse for a shit performance. When will the mask finally fall from his face and the 'Poch In' crowd wake up and see him for who he really is ??.
We should be challenging for the title and yet find ourselves trying to salvage a draw from a home match against the bottom of the league.
WTF :thumbdown:

Back
Top Bottom