Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would like to see Poch get the Watford game and the Red Star game, negative results in these and the change will need to be made, the season can still be rescued but not if we lose the next 2
We can't win the CL except for deluded fans so may be the sooner out the better to concentrate on PL and top 4 plus the FA cup for the trophy cabinet.
The next 2 games being Watford must win and Liverpool must not do Munich.

But most importantly, if Poch makes it to January, will Levy back him up in the transfer market? Cause if he won’t, then there’s no point sticking with Poch for that long.

Food for thought....

If we buy a few players in Jan, will Poch actually play any of them before next August?

[Seems I have struck a comedic chord here.... Was actually planting a more serious 'seed' - i.e.. How long before anyone could be expected to make a difference - but hey ho. :D ]

Last edited:
I think Poch has to have the chance to play GLC and Ndombele together. I have no idea how we set up to include these two plus the other likely starters.

January is a fair time to assess things.

The only thing we definitely know today that we only 95% knew in August is that we’re not going to win the league.

3rd-6th is still where the world predicts us to be.
I agree with this except 3-6th? Can’t see it at the moment but there is a way to go I guess

:avbnaa:

Let me ask a hypothetical question here, at what point do we consider it to be so damaging that we NEED to sack him?

If we lose the Watford game? Like how many more losses will it take? I don't mean this in a confrontational way, I mean it as a genuine question.

Let's look at our next 5 PL fixtures:

Worst case scenario

Watford - 0 points

Liverpool - 0 points

Everton - 0 points

Sheffield - 0 points

Wet Spam - 0 points

Ok so say we lose every one of those games, which seems far fetched when I write it but given our current form and that four of those games are away, doesn't actually seem all that unlikely, would that be enough for a change? That takes us to the 23rd of November and we would likely be near the bottom of the table in that scenario.

Ok so, what about these results:

Watford - 3 points

Liverpool - 0 points

Everton - 3 points

Sheffield - 3 points

Wet Spam - 0 points

9 points from our next 5 fixtures, would that be enough to justify keeping him on?

I am just trying to understand now, what is enough to prove that he can turn things around?

Let me ask a hypothetical question here, at what point do we consider it to be so damaging that we NEED to sack him?

If we lose the Watford game? Like how many more losses will it take? I don't mean this in a confrontational way, I mean it as a genuine question.

Worst case scenario

Watford - 0 points

Liverpool - 0 points

Everton - 0 points

Sheffield - 0 points

Wet Spam - 0 points

Ok so say we lose every one of those games, which seems far fetched when I write it but given our current form and that four of those games are away, doesn't actually seem all that unlikely, would that be enough for a change? That takes us to the 23rd of November and we would likely be near the bottom of the table in that scenario.

Watford - 3 points

Liverpool - 0 points

Everton - 3 points

Sheffield - 3 points

Wet Spam - 0 points

9 points from our next 5 fixtures, would that be enough to justify keeping him on?

I am just trying to understand now, what is enough to prove that he can turn things around?

We got to the final so I’d say maybe four straight relegations and then consider someone new

But seriously, lose to Watford and it’s “give him til Everton can’t expect to win at Anfield”

Losers

I agree with this except 3-6th? Can’t see it at the moment but there is a way to go I guess

:avbnaa:

Things seems bleak atm, but....

Disregarding "oooh, they've started well" picks (see palace); after 38 games which 6 teams do you genuinely believe will have proven better than us?

I would like to see Poch get the Watford game and the Red Star game, negative results in these and the change will need to be made, the season can still be rescued but not if we lose the next 2
How many chances are we going to give Poch before we're in the championship. Without Kane, Son, Lucas and whoever else wants to stay in the premiere. He has had too many already and it's time for a change.

He is a good manager, you have got to give him time, you also have to look the alternatives. This season looks doom tbh.
But to get top 4 will never be so easy looking at manu so poor, woolwich average, chelski can't sign players, playing youth with inexperienced manager and are Leicester really better than us.
It's criminal for Spurs to miss top 4 this season and the consequences.
He's had all the time in the world......

How many chances are we going to give Poch before we're in the championship. Without Kane, Son, Moira and whoever else wants to stay in the premiere. He has had too many already and it's time for a change.

Calm down, Doc... Reach for the perspective pill.

Or perhaps I can perscribe you a steady bout of masturbation this afternoon? ;o]

Worst case scenario

Watford - 0 points

Liverpool - 0 points

Everton - 0 points

Sheffield - 0 points

Wet Spam - 0 points

Watford - 3 points

Liverpool - 0 points

Everton - 3 points

Sheffield - 3 points

Wet Spam - 0 points

I am really surprised he has not been fired yet. I keep checking NewsNow to see if the axe has been swung.

Things seems bleak atm, but....

Disregarding "oooh, they've started well" picks (see palace); after 38 games which 6 teams do you genuinely believe will have proven better than us?
That’s a fair question. On current form I’d say

Many City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Woolwich
Leicester

And then it gets questionable. Possibly Man U. Unlikely wast ham but I do remember the 90’s when they finished above us more than once. I suppose the message here is keep a clear head and don’t panic. I don’t feel any better though

:walkercry:

Have they removed that post?

Getting like the Soviet Union now.....another week, another report about players losing all faith in Poch.
Here 'tis.

wABeou2.png

Sounds like losing the dressing room, but what do I know.

Calm down, Doc... Reach for the perspective pill.

Or perhaps I can perscribe you a steady bout of masturbation this afternoon? ;o]
It's so difficult to keep one's cool. I rewatched Saturday's game to try to find a chink of light but I just see negative, boring uninspired play.
I'm finding it more and more difficult to be positive about the immediate future.
Where's that KY?

It's so difficult to keep one's cool. I rewatched Saturday's game to try to find a chink of light but I just see negative, boring uninspired play.
I'm finding it more and more difficult to be positive about the immediate future.
Where's that KY?
I also see a link has emerged between Son and Napoli. I'm not one for tabloid rumours but it's indicative of what will happen if this carries on.
As a long time supporter and clearly one of the real thinkers here, let me ask you in which direction should we go? In my view, Poch and Levy are a toxic combination. Levy won't go, it's a cash cow for him so it has to be Poch. I can't think of anything else we might do.

I can only speak for myself, but it's the manner of the loss yesterday that changed my mind. Losing is one thing, that shit-show was something else.

I love Poch. He is the best manager I have seen at Spurs. I appreciate some prefer Redknapp, fine, but for me it is Poch. But something is wrong this season, badly wrong. I can kinda understand shipping the 7 vs Bayern as we went looking for goals: it sucks but it happens. But when you do ship 7, the next match you better have a response. If your response is to lose 3 - 0 to likely relegation candidates while looking like you barely even fucking care...hard to conclude anything other than the manager has lost the dressing room.

If Poch doesn't get sacked, could I see him turning it around? It's possible. Beat Watford handsomely and then win (in any fashion) at Liverpool...I'd be back on board. But I see it as very unlikely at this point. The less-risky option is to replace him while there is still time for a new manager to turn the season around.

Back
Top Bottom