Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet half the people that moan about lack of depth/backup would have him sold in a hearbeat.... That's my deeper point. People also forget that he was actually a damn capable 1st teamer when he stood in for Rose for more than a whole season.... A time we nearly won the league and had the tightest defense in the league t'boot.

If none of our MF or attackers can serve up some creativity and chances then I see little reason to hold a FB responsible.

I like my defenders to be able to defend foremost; which is why I shed no tears over losing the crossing ability of Trippier... He was awful defensively.

Ridiculous claim.

Half decent save from gazza; led to a bounce could have gone anywhere.... It's out of the ordinary that a LB would even be in the position to make that challenge; to be able to slide in from the right hand side.
I agree that people who want him sold are wrong but I really can't be bothered arguing beyond that.

He's OK but he's a bit useless sometimes, sometimes has a good game... overall very average.

Rose should have been sold and replaced by a top tier left back.

Hindsight is 20:20 vision
Maybe, or maybe the top managers are the ones who know when to make an unpopular decision with the fans that helps them boost the team.
We definitely should have taken £20million from Roma for Toby and put it towards a new CH. That wasn't hindsight, that was obvious.

He's not a patch on Danny though😉😉

Sorry to offend your little darling, but seriously..... NO.

Every now and again DR delivers on the 'guts' front, but he's been shocking on the whole this year and his final ball is appalling (always has been tbh).

Maybe, or maybe the top managers are the ones who know when to make an unpopular decision with the fans that helps them boost the team.
We definitely should have taken £20million from Roma for Toby and put it towards a new CH. That wasn't hindsight, that was obvious.
I'll give you the Toby situation but still don't think that at the time selling Dier and Dele wouldn't have sent out a message that we couldn't hold onto our players.

I'll give you the Toby situation but still don't think that at the time selling Dier and Dele wouldn't have sent out a message that we couldn't hold onto our players.
Yeah sure... but now what's the result? We kept the ones we don't want to keep and the ones we want to keep are walking on a free because they didn't renew regardless, because we inititially offered way below standard wages.

I don't think Dele should have been sold but Dier was never worth 50m+

Unless the manager motivates them, how can you expect well paid, well supported & very capable professional footballers to play well.

....But you said they shouldn't need micro-managing; that they were shit and it was all Levy's fault.

You're an absolute mess.

That horrible injury on Hugo definitely had a big impact the players mentally. Plus it put spurs in a big hole at 1-0. Difficult situation in the end away from home.

That's the thing. If Slurr Awex thought that he could improve Man Ure by selling a player to get someone else, regardless of how loved they were by the fans, he did it and normally improved Man Ure or kept them ticking over at the same level.

It's one thing that only elite level managers can do and put up with the fall out.

Just when I thought today couldn't get any worse, I've got lumbered taking my mum out with her geriatric friends to a dance, and not one where I can join in - it's all waltzes and foxtrot. Serves me right for moaning that I was missing Strictly.
Take it from one who knows Mrs.P., enjoy every moment with your mum no matter where it may take you...because one day you will wish with all your heart that you could be 'lumbered' with her for one more time. Sorry to be so serious, and I'm sure you love your mum very,very much but I lost mine 7 years ago this week and would give anything to have her back for just one day.
Give yours a huge hug tonight and be glad you can do so....... :thumbup: 🤗

It seems like most of our squad has talked about leaving tbh.

Dier wanted United.
Rose wanted out.
Aurier wanted to leave in the summer.
Eriksen, Toby and Jan won't sign a contract and some of them have spoken of leaving.
Dele was talking of leaving once and has 0 loyalty to us

Most of the squad doesn't care about Tottenham.

....We tried to sell most of 'em. It sucks, but it's not like we've ignored the fact.

Dier: I suspect he's not that bothered in hindsight bearing in mind the shit-show that Utd. have been ever since.
Dele: Tbf, to suggest he won't be here for life isn't the same as declaring that you 'want out'.

Sorry to offend your little darling, but seriously..... NO.

Every now and again DR delivers on the 'guts' front, but he's been shocking on the whole this year and his final ball is appalling (always has been tbh).
Me and you again son....ok then. Firstly at least Danny goes forward. Davies is sounder in defence mostly but he has no attacking instincts whatsoever. To be honest Airfixx I can't be arsed tonight I'm in a fug I can't get out of....seriously fed up. Its cool to debate who's shit and who's not but atm I couldn't give a fuck. Seriously son have a good weekend sure we'll soon be back here arguing the toss buddy.

That horrible injury on Hugo definitely had a big impact the players mentally. Plus it put spurs in a big hole at 1-0. Difficult situation in the end away from home.
Oh please...please....is that the best we can come up with, we spent the match worrying how poor old Hugo was :thumbdown: and that's why we lost 3-0 ??
How about a more positive "Let's win this one for Hugo lads" instead.

Someone says something you don't like doesn't make them a drama queen does it. And I don't even know what your point was? Just see you attacking everyone who's not blowing bubbles up anyone's arse.

I just don't see what's dramatic about me saying the sides a mess we need 6-8 players in ASAP (next window) to replace those not even trying. Then we have another 6-8 who the jury's out on ability wise but seem to at least care, so that gets us time to scout proper replacements. And that the only players who seem to have the right ability and attitude are Kane, Son and Moura. This obviously doesn't include the new boys who haven't had time to bed in yet.

So again how is that dramatic?

Where did I say I "didn't like" something? (I didn't.)

You made a melodramatic declaration about the state of the squad and by the time YOU had whittled it down sensibly (not me; YOU!), you ended up with the same list of 6 that every other fucker on here have already concurred to before this match had even took place.

Chill!

Last edited:
Me and you again son....ok then. Firstly at least Danny goes forward. Davies is sounder in defence mostly but he has no attacking instincts whatsoever. To be honest Airfixx I can't be arsed tonight I'm in a fug I can't get out of....seriously fed up. Its cool to debate who's shit and who's not but atm I couldn't give a fuck. Seriously son have a good weekend sure we'll soon be back here arguing the toss buddy.

If you cant be arsed; then stop spamming me with 'disagrees' when I'm simply affording one of our players mild praise. You're being a soppy little fanboy and it's uncalled for.

p.s. You brought Rose into it... Not me.

Take it from one who knows Mrs.P., enjoy every moment with your mum no matter where it may take you...because one day you will wish with all your heart that you could be 'lumbered' with her for one more time. Sorry to be so serious, and I'm sure you love your mum very,very much but I lost mine 7 years ago this week and would give anything to have her back for just one day.
Give yours a huge hug tonight and be glad you can do so....... :thumbup: 🤗
It's not being with my mum that's a pain, I was quite happy to stay in and play cards with her... it's the place we're at, everyone jibbering away in Maltese, and I can't join in the dancing.....moan over :)

I agree that people who want him sold are wrong but I really can't be bothered arguing beyond that.

He's OK but he's a bit useless sometimes, sometimes has a good game... overall very average.

Rose should have been sold and replaced by a top tier left back.

Agreed; it's an already tired debate.

Hopefully Sessengon proves to be the future.

Back
Top Bottom