Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He isn't good enough for the PL, especially at the top end of the table, this myth that he just hasn't been given a chance needs to be put to bed, nothing we have seen of him suggests he is anywhere near good enough imo.

I like the kid but it isn't personal, we have to think of what's best for the club.

So why did we go into the season with him and sell Trippier?

Wish him the best, he's a great keeper from reflex saves but when he has time to think he is a fucking joke of a decision maker. Just punch it. Last season and this, these kinds of unbelievable gifts (don't even class it as a mistake) are unacceptable from our captain

For me the breaking point was him just smirking after conceding 7 goals at home.

Utterly unsuited for captaincy.

This is atrocious! We are being outplayed in most areas. We can’t string more than 5 passes together. What the fuck has happened to this squad it’s like watching a league 2 side play! This rate we will get turned over every weekend!

So KWP has foregone 4 years of his career essentially to be passed over.

Sad how we wasted a very talented kid. Should have been on loans.

Youth system failed him.
Or you could look at it from the flip side and say we have given the kid all the time in the world to make it with us but he has proven time and time again he is nowhere near the required level?

He isn't good enough for the PL, especially at the top end of the table, this myth that he just hasn't been given a chance needs to be put to bed, nothing we have seen of him suggests he is anywhere near good enough imo.

I like the kid but it isn't personal, we have to think of what's best for the club.

I disagree. We have failed him horribly. Urged to stay here to develop. Imagine if he had 60, 70, 80 games under his belt in the championship, league 1. He would be so further ahead of where we have seen him.

He has been wronged by the club and this is purely as a man management tactic. Horrible management and it has messed with our shape since he can’t be trusted by the coach.

Back
Top Bottom