Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

a proper captain would be right in their faces after that 4th goal, and going apeshit after 6. Lloris doesnt command the players respect. He's a nice guy who has a world cup winners medal (in a game he fucked up in). thats it.
A proper captain would start by doing his own job well. The manager says we gave up, the captain says we gave up, I think Vertonghen said we gave up. This place goes bananas when they see it's the diamond again-the players don't believe in it either. It is so obvious that their confidence in Pochettino is shot to fuck.

doesnt help when your right back goes missing, doesn't mark the guy hugging the left wing and lets him run at his central defenders unchecked

Terrible tactical awareness of the coaching staff?
I'm pretty sure they didn't instruct their team to leave Harry Winks to defend the centre of the pitch against the entire Bayern midfield or to pass the ball to him on the edge of the penalty box when marked by 3 of their midfield
They cottoned on to the fact that if you tie Winks up you don't have anyone between them and our back 3
(Aurier didn't count as a defender)

or that the team would simply give up and not try
I mostly agree, but Aurier going missing wasn't a surprise was it? If the choices are:
  • F*ck it, my plan is correct and the players need to step up
  • We have significant weakness in certain positions and we should setup accordingly given that we are playing a very capable team.
I'll go with the latter to start with. If the players aren't following the plan then they should be dropped. I don't blame Winks at all - I blame the one who makes the pass but clearly, if we only have one outlet then that's an open invitation and that is tactical naivety / stubbornness / one-dimensional. Pick one.

To be fair no one cares because if you accused someone of being a gooner and constantly banned them for an opinion they now agree with, then it’s then that looks a cunt right now.

I laugh at the attitude of some posters.....just three weeks ago still lauding it all.
Even John Thomas has fallen from his Church of Poch alter.
Just because he says after every thinly disguised Poch Out post that Levy should also go, it doesn’t change the fact that he’s an unashamed turncoat now.

People have been slated for years for seeing our weaknesses.
I was a Dele, Eriksen and Poch “hater” two years ago....now no one cares if all three walked tomorrow.

Ahhhhh NOW they see it so it’s ok. NOOOOW it’s ok.

And then no one likes a “told you so”.
Well Hood told us all so, so man up and swallow the bitter pills you spat at him.
There are no bitter pills. Hood is just a cunt that no one likes.

He's put every part of the club down and has never said anything positive about the club and entered the forum lauding the scum.

Just because something becomes correct, doesn't mean it was correct the whole time.

This is what you and he fail to comprehend. You could have said, from the minute he was appointed he's shit (Hood has), it doesn't make it correct the whole time, it's just become now.

It's like telling us Harry Kane is shit, Harry Kane is shit. Then when he's 34 and having a shocker going ''I FUCKING TOLD YOU''.

Poch, Dele and Eriksen weren't shit when you gave it the big'n. They've lost form horrendously. It's not because you are savants like you're so desperate for everyone to acknowledge you as.

Last edited:
There are no bitter pills. Hood is just a cunt that no one likes.

He's put every part of the club down and has never said anything positive about the club and entered the forum lauding the scum.

Just because something becomes correct, doesn't mean it was correct the whole time.

This is what you and he fail to comprehend. You could have said, from the minute he was appointed he's shit (Hood has), it doesn't make it correct the whole time, it's just become now.

It's like telling us Harry Kane is shit, Harry Kane is shit. Then when he's 34 and having a shocker going ''I FUCKING TOLD YOU''.

Poch, Dele and Eriksen weren't shit when you gave it the big'n. They've lost form horrendously. It's not because you are savants like you're so desperate for everyone to acknowledge you as.

I haven’t bothered having a five year argument with the Hood. I don’t know everything he’s ever said.

But I find it a bit rich that people have disagreed with everything he’s ever said. Even when he’s right.

You don’t have to like him, but he clearly knows this club, and knows things only Spurs fans could, so if anyone thinks he’s a gooner, then it’s a bit embarrassing that he knows more about Spurs, it’s history and it’s current set up than they do.

People think clapping the loudest is all that counts. So what if he never liked Poch....some of the same cunts who treated Redknapp and Tim with worse abuse from day one while sucking off AVB who Poch is now emulating.

They can fuck off too.

Those who last year called me cunt for wanting Eriksen dropped, now with the knives out chasing him around the yard....get fucked too.
And anyone calling for Levys head while trying to take the fandom high ground. Get fucked.

Those who slagged off Trippier and called for Aurier, now slagging off Aurier. Go and fuck yourself.

I’ve had it with this manager and I’ve had it people who have been sucking him off while it’s been shit, slagging off fans they now agree with, who said it’s been shit.

They can all get fucked, we are a massive fucking joke, and if anyone wants to follow Poch FC into La Liga then guess what.

They can GET FUCKED

I haven’t bothered having a five year argument with the Hood. I don’t know everything he’s ever said.

But I find it a bit rich that people have disagreed with everything he’s ever said. Even when he’s right.

You don’t have to like him, but he clearly knows this club, and knows things only Spurs fans could, so if anyone thinks he’s a gooner, then it’s a bit embarrassing that he knows more about Spurs, it’s history and it’s current set up than they do.

People think clapping the loudest is all that counts. So what if he never liked Poch....some of the same cunts who treated Redknapp and Tim with worse abuse from day one while sucking off AVB who Poch is now emulating.

They can fuck off too.

Those who last year called me cunt for wanting Eriksen dropped, now with the knives out chasing him around the yard....get fucked too.
And anyone calling for Levys head while trying to take the fandom high ground. Get fucked.

Those who slagged off Trippier and called for Aurier, now slagging off Aurier. Go and fuck yourself.

I’ve had it with this manager and I’ve had it people who have been sucking him off while it’s been shit, slagging off fans they now agree with, who said it’s been shit.

They can all get fucked, we are a massive fucking joke, and if anyone wants to follow Poch FC into La Liga then guess what.

They can GET FUCKED
Well I'm not getting fucked either as the wife has gone off to work and left me with you miserable lot :adegrin2:

They can fuck off too.

They can GET FUCKED
This is the difference. Some are willing to give Spurs a chance to turn things around. That includes the player and the manager.

Some of us, don't want get on people's back the minute they lose form.

I'd rather give someone too much time than too little.

Who the hell are they?
Dolphin is a common name of aquatic mammals within the infraorder Cetacea. The term dolphin usually refers to the extant families Delphinidae, Platanistidae, Iniidae, and Pontoporiidae, and the extinct Lipotidae. There are 40 extant species named as dolphins.

The old White Hart Lane, regardless of how much we loved it would have damaged us long term as it's a game built on money these days. We've gone from having the 13th biggest club stadium in the country, slightly larger than the likes of Middlesborough, Cardiff and Derby to the 2nd largest behind Man U. That extra profit made makes a massive difference to our muscle in the future when it comes to wages and fees we can pay.

With TV money being pretty evenly distributed across the PL teams recently, the only thing that differentiates us are gate receipts, commercial partnerships and supporter base. All of these can and will grow with a new stadium like the one we've now got. It's a pain but it's the nature of the beast mate.
Sad isn't it. We've gone from the beautiful game to outright showbiz. What's next?

The reasons why this happened were in my opinion:

• 1. Individual errors by Aurier (twice), N'Dembele (twice), Aulderweireld, Winks & Lloris (last goal he gave up).
  • 2. Lethal finishing by the Germans, of 11 shots on target scored 7 goals. Poch also said this in press conf.
  • 3. Spurs lack of fitness, Germans ran them off the pitch at the end.
  • 4. Spurs failed to match German tempo except at the start. Tottenham have a habit of playing "walking pace" football in many games and at that level you won't do much.
  • 5. Poor investment from Levy.
Premier League (FA) will do their most to try and get Poch the sack and pile on Spurs' misery against Brighton. Don't give in on your team - call a cheat a cheat and not blame Spurs players if they try to cheat Tottenham.​

The difference between my criticism and yours is that you put 100% of the blame on Poch, while I don't. Have you ever thought that if we sack Poch, we might end up worse than before? Maybe it's the rotten group of players that are the majority of the problem. It's been a very long time since you've been so sure that Poch is just a fraud. I asked a question a week ago, and I got a unanimous "no". So, I'll ask you the same. Pretend that you're Levy, and United come to your door and say "Here's £10M so we can get Poch." Would say yes or no to that offer?
How can it possibly be any worse????

Ndombele with a shite attempt to close down for the first and we gifted them the second by trying to dribble out in our own 18 yard box. And surely us being utterly useless is us gifting them everything. They did nothing special we simply didnt try second half that's why it hurt so much
Well I usually agree with your posts but on this one, we have differing opinions. That's what the Forum is all about.

Back
Top Bottom