Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where is fucking stiff upper lip? We've got to carry on and keep supporting the lads and manager. It is easy to sack the manager, but... who are we going to replace Poch with? Southgate? Spanish waiter? Jose Don'tTrust Young players?
Pooch has earned the right to go down with the ship. Let him keep the job and try to guide us out of current malaise. Sack him at the end of the season if we finish mid table.
Im.gunna say it.. boring shit but win stuff..mourinho..56 yrs going to the lane and im running out of time ffs.

Can't blame Poch alone for this. Too many wrongs in the club at the moment. Why are we letting Eriksen, Jan and Toby contracts run down? They simply have their minds elsewhere. This should be sorted ages ago. This is up to Levy. Why wasn't Aurier profiled before he came in the door? Complete and utter cunt who should have been nowhere near the club. This club should seek players with high morals, instead, we've been signing knob heads for years...
Our sports management have been left in the shadows for the stadium rebuild. It's time to do something proper about it.

Last edited:
A lot will depend on the EPL, I imagine. If it can be stabilised there, Alli and Dier coming back in, and someone with half a brain at RB, you never know. We don't know how much Dier and Davies are still struggling from their respective ops...can't see why Rose would be played ahead of Davies considering he doesn't want to be here. Maybe it's to stop him going to 'The Sun' again?

Weird to play the 'wide-open' diamond, I assumed it was something that Poch had come up with to overcome the Dembele leaving situation, but forgetting that we've bought N'Dombele since who can play that role (and pass forward, and shoot, too...).

Most peculiar.

I think it went like this:

Aurier - Two yellows = a red.
Hugo - Cruyff turn and fumble over the line.

Poch: 'You will, if you like to, hold my beer.'

Strange.

I feel sorry for the youngsters. They think the last few seasons are the norm.

Historically, nights like tonight are the norm.
Yes nights like this will the norm but I thought it is a new era now. Daniel Levy the best FC chariman, State of the art New Stadium, The best Training Ground , Mauricio Pochettinho the best manager in the PL, CL finalist, Top 4 for the last 4 seasons. Are they all lies?! 😀

My god even now he still has people defending him.

I noticed 4 years ago that this was a manager being elevated what above his ability, that we would see a repeat of the Redknapp years and guess what that is exactly was has happened.

You can blame the squad all you want - he won nothing with it at its best and even now he isn’t getting any where near it’s ability from it.

The guy is a pretender who has been found out - we like with Redknapp will be the pinnacle of his career. Sadly for us we look back at this time as another 87 side and the complete waste of one the best Spurs sides in a generation
The post was Poch being let down by the board after he was crying out for help noticing the problem before it started happening. And I don’t think he can be that much of an elevated manager when most of the top clubs in Europe would take him in a heartbeat 🤷🏻‍♂️

This was embarrassing but it was to Bayern Munich so it's not the worst. They're a juggernaut of a team and even more so with Coutinho now and Lucas, Pavard, Kimmich playing the defensive midfielder role, and Gnabry stepping up his game considerably from last season. They'd even give Liverpool a battering with their replenished squad.
Yes it was Bayern, but it's 7!!!!!! 7 fucking goals!!!! I'm prepared for the mediocrity that would obviously follow after last season and that will last for years, but 7 it's too fucking much. Even against Sachis Milan, even against Peps Barca, 7 is too much man, let alone against a Bayern who last year we considered to be finished.

Fuck that.

Sack him now and we still can make top 4
Caretaker manager in now (Rafa ??) who won't take any shit or have any 'favourites' and be willing to make substitutions at any time during a game if things are going sour whilst Levy and the board choose the next manager. Then bring him in for the January window and give him the cash he needs and the freedom to choose who he wants in and out.
The squad is stale and complacent, new man at the helm required.

What the fuck...pathetic, something has to be done now......that score cannot happen...Bayern's did ot do that to that shit team they played in their first champions league match.....but we just roll over and let the germans fuck us in the ass.......HARD.....I wanted to put the usual cosy.....but they don't deserve it tonight..........fuck em......aaaaaaggghhhhhhh I hate being right especially at times like this, but I said it was going to end badly.....fucking levy and his fuck improving the team we should just let everyone catch us up and make it easy for them..........CUNT
Would love to reply but I genuinely don't understand a word. It's like Expressions Oozing which I can't really understand more than one word in four.

Admittedly I'm a white, middle aged armchair who doesn't live in North London any more but I do think that we should be able to string coherent sentences together. Accept we are all upset, but if we are not able to punctuate correctly, then it's time to take a breath and re-focus.

Back
Top Bottom