Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn’t really understand the VAR assessment of Son. He brought the vertical line up to the defenders knee and up to Sons elbow but the defenders elbow was further past his knee...... am I missing something. TBH that decision changed the game. You could see the spurs players deflated after thinking we just can get over the line and Leicester players thinking we gotta push on. I think the team played pretty good today tbh and I think a draw would have been a fair result

Elbow doesn’t matter, you can’t score with your arm so that isn’t where they put the line. It looked to me like they were judging Son’s shoulder vs the defenders knee.

Elbow doesn’t matter, you can’t score with your arm so that isn’t where they put the line. It looked to me like they were judging Son’s shoulder vs the defenders knee.
Trying to objective I thought it was marginal onside but there will probably be instances this season where Spurs get the benefit of the doubt.
Win some, lose some.

Trying to objective I thought it was marginal onside but there will probably be instances this season where Spurs get the benefit of the doubt.
Win some, lose some.

I think as long as it’s applied like this to every single goal, it’s acceptable. There will be games where we are the ones being saved by a tight offside like that. Anyway we didn’t lose this game because of VAR, we lost because we sent on a player with no legs to play in the most important position.

9 months without an away win the league. Sacking material
Lloris was able to knock his wife up and see the child born between away wins.

1365283356672.gif

I think as long as it’s applied like this to every single goal, it’s acceptable. There will be games where we are the ones being saved by a tight offside like that. Anyway we didn’t lose this game because of VAR, we lost because we sent on a player with no legs to play in the most important position.
Yes, I think you pretty much nail it there, spot on.
VAR muddied the waters today, yes Leicester got the rub of the green today, but as you say that wasn’t why Spurs lost.
Another viewpoint is Spurs recent tendency to blow two goal leads so maybe that would have happened anyway.
Bit pessimistic really but you get the point.

I think Celtic wanted him in the last window but his on/off move to Brugge scuttled that.
Spurs will need to pay a hefty chunk of his wages if he goes on loan at Celtic.
Shame they can't just take him on a free & pay all his wages.

Me too. I've definitely lost some love for the game. The 'modern' game with its financial lunacy, celebrity /selfie/Twitter/Sky nonsense, handball rule, and now VAR chalking off goals left and right for impossible to determine margins, is making it harder to embrace.

Agree, and as much as I'd love to chalk it off to the old "some you win, some you lose", I find myself scrutinising decisions, results and actions of players after most games now. Appreciate it'll probably piss most people off here but it wouldn't surprise me if Der Spiegel had something on it and probably already been gagged.

Back
Top Bottom