Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn’t offside. Look closely at the photo and you can see that the horizontal lines were drawn in Leicester’s favour
Offside / Onside it didn't cost us the game. Unless of course, the players decided that, like a number of people here, that there's some kind of conspiracy going on and they were never going to win the game so why bother. Perhaps Coco was so enraged that he was in danger of going full psycho and getting sent off (actually that might be true - I retract)

I didn’t really understand the VAR assessment of Son. He brought the vertical line up to the defenders knee and up to Sons elbow but the defenders elbow was further past his knee...... am I missing something. TBH that decision changed the game. You could see the spurs players deflated after thinking we just can get over the line and Leicester players thinking we gotta push on. I think the team played pretty good today tbh and I think a draw would have been a fair result

Anyone else feeling like they are just about done with football??

I mean VAR is killing the game, we've had it to our advantage a few times and It didn't sit right with me then, but when you see refs missing people getting chucked on the floor in headlocks in the penalty box and not given after review and then he gives Son offside by the width of a fag packet today, which totally turned the game on its head... its a bit hard to take.

How can you celebrate anything now when they are pulling back goals for such ridiculously fine margins?

... You could see the spurs players deflated after thinking we just can get over the line and Leicester players thinking we gotta push on. ...
But a mentally resilient team, which of course we have been for a good 2/3 years now, doesn't allow that. Points to issues in the dressing room for me, some of which are the fault of Levy and some of which are compounded by Poch. I'm not in the PochOut campaign at all, but Palace aside, there is something wrong and we have known that for a long time now. Maybe we should keep on doing the same things and hoping the outcome will be different?

Yes but he was having an impact as a sub which we don't have now. Nando would have done something today and Wednesday in the last 10/20 mins like he did last season.
It's not fair to call him lamppost, who took us to the final last season plus assists and goals.
Should either have kept him on or looked at bringing in Dzeko or Mitrovic - or similar - Spurs did neither.

Wanyama comes on for defensive reasons. Proceeds to turn the ball over leading to LC’s first goal. Then he’s caught in no man’s land when he should be on Maddison giving him that shooting lane on LC’s second goal. Not sure what Poch is thinking bringing him on. Solid player in the day but he’s well past it which is obvious to all
Lennon wants him back at Celtic in january. Be the best move for everyone.

Should either have kept him on or looked at bringing in Dzeko or Mitrovic - or similar - Spurs did neither.
I know, that's my point, we do not have a second striker and Poch doesn't trust Parrott. You need bullets when you are fighting and we don't have it.

Anyone else feeling like they are just about done with football??

I mean VAR is killing the game, we've had it to our advantage a few times and It didn't sit right with me then, but when you see refs missing people getting chucked on the floor in headlocks in the penalty box and not given after review and then he gives Son offside by the width of a fag packet today, which totally turned the game on its head... its a bit hard to take.

How can you celebrate anything now when they are pulling back goals for such ridiculously fine margins?
Me too. I've definitely lost some love for the game. The 'modern' game with its financial lunacy, celebrity /selfie/Twitter/Sky nonsense, handball rule, and now VAR chalking off goals left and right for impossible to determine margins, is making it harder to embrace.

Last edited:
Do you think he would be an upgrade on Poch considering everything? (tight budget, focus on youth development, players unhappy) Because I don’t.

I don’t know. I can say that Allegri at Juventus replaced Conte (who was adored as a former player and captain) who suddenly resigned in July. He did not deny his predecessor's work but made an improvement. Allegri (unlike Conte, Mourinho etc.) never comes into conflict with the company: he works with the budget he has available. Juventus reached Cristiano thanks to Allegri's excellent results.

I know, that's my point, we do not have a second striker and Poch doesn't trust Parrott. You need bullets when you are fighting and we don't have it.
Spot on there. There is the option to stick Son or Moura in the striking role but someone like Llorente or a player of that ilk gives you something different whether it’s in place of Kane or paired with him.

Back
Top Bottom