Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hate to agree, but this is pretty spot on as to how I'm feeling at the moment.

Thing is, the idea of losing Poch makes me feel sick, genuinely. I thought this man would be our Ferguson, I still really want that to be the case but I honestly realistically don't think it's going to happen.

The mistakes that are being made are not being rectified, without learning from them how will he ever change?

The Wanyama sub today sort of solidified it for me really, it's one of those moments where I sat back and thought to myself "this is going to just keep happening isn't it?"

That's why I think we need a change, the ideas have dried up, the attitude coming from the players just isn't the same as it once was and the same can be said for the manager as well, it just all feels a bit stale and I don't see a way out of it as depressing as the sounds.

The thing that separated Poch from the better tactical managers was his ability to get a tune out of a player, for a player to run through walls for him, I don't think they do anymore and now it's down to his tactical ability it's all kind of going a bit Pete Tong.

Maybe I am wrong, I hope I am because I want him to stay and fix all of this but I just can't see it happening, this has gone from bad form to a bit of a rot now.

Max Allegri is an excellent manager: he knows how to manage a team where there are great players. According to rumors, he has been studying English for over a year, perhaps because he wants to train in PL: Manchester United? Tottenham? I do not know. Lately we also talk about Real Madrid ...
Do you think he would be an upgrade on Poch considering everything? (tight budget, focus on youth development, players unhappy) Because I don’t.

Sorry mate I will cry and blame everything and everyone but ourselves.

Btw what was your opinion on the VAR call that allowed Llorente to score against City last season and also the one which didnt give city a foul for the Lamela challenge this season?
You are entitled to your opinion (which you stated about 10 times like you're trying to convince Spurs fans it's true) but when you even go against Andy Gray citing how they interpret when the ball has left a player's foot then you set gooner-alert alarm bells off!

Plenty of knowledgeable football pundits have already questioned the merits of this particular decision - there is obvious room for error in it, that's all many are saying and seeing on here which you cannot seem to fathom.

Regarding your question, two wrongs do not make a right! I can accept VAR making mistakes, that's all we are saying here - you seem to saying VAR doesn't make a mistake like today unless it goes in Tottenham's favour. What about the possible red card for Damari Gray's over-the-top challenge???

In the end Spurs probably would have drawn because of Poch's stupid substitution of Sissoko for Wanyama, but I also give Poch credit for kicking the whole team up the backside and getting a decent performance out of them.

Ropey old game again. We were wasteful at crunch times and the league shows no mercy. With ten minutes left it looked like only one team would win. How are we so consistently flimsy these days?

Sooner or later sadly heads will roll. Dele not on the bench yet we have Dier, Skipp & Wanyama? Seems like Poch is making some seriously questionable calls these days. Lucas got a call in the 86th minute? Poch is flapping somewhat and the boys ain't grafting him through it at the moment. Disappointing end to a game where a 5/10 Leicester were on show. Not good enough

At this rate going to have to start looking downwards rather than upwards

All I need now are some jack n Jill’s, a full head of hair and a full bank account and it’s full on 90s again lol

Do you think he would be an upgrade on Poch considering everything? (tight budget, focus on youth development, players unhappy) Because I don’t.

The idea that Poch focuses on youth development is a complete myth. He left our best youngster on the bench and turned to a clapped out player he tried to sell to Brugge three weeks ago instead.

I’m not saying we MUST replace Poch with Allegri but he has won serious silverware at the highest level, with two different clubs. He has managed highly strung players like Zlatan, Pogba and Cristiano. He is an intelligent manager who is ready to vary his tactics to suit the circumstances. Of course it’s a big question whether he’d work with Levy’s budget, but that’s the only question. His skill as a manager is undeniable.

Sometimes you just need to make a change, it’s like any other relationship, sometimes the spark just disappears. Sometimes it lasts forever. Poch is just a manager, Tottenham have had many managers in the past and will do in the future. Our form is so bad that it would be insane for us not to be thinking about a change. Nobody is bigger than the club.

Enough with these fucking signs.

e97d9zjumyn31.png

I hope Winksy gets that twats address, goes around there and slaps him one

You know what, when City can do an ok Watford 8-0, it’s probably slightly ridiculous to do anything but pick up the ball and go home.

Roll on Colchester away, really need these blues to clear. This Leicester result has hurt more than anything football wise has for quite a while.

How much are we missing Nando in games like this and Wednesday, sub on in the last 10 mins?

FHS, if you won't replace him then keep him, he did a great job last season, he is fit enough to play 30 mins every week.

Every club needs 2 striker even Sunday league. Parrott is not used. Nuts.

How much are we missing Nando in games like this and Wednesday, sub on in the last 10 mins?

FHS, if you won't replace him then keep him, he did a great job last season, he is fit enough to play 30 mins every week.

Every club needs 2 striker even Sunday league. Parrott is not used. Nuts.

Having a lamppost on the bench isn’t going to fix our flimsy defending. Good teams can keep clean sheets, that’s our problem. We can’t keep inferior teams away from our goalkeeper.

Having a lamppost on the bench isn’t going to fix our flimsy defending. Good teams can keep clean sheets, that’s our problem. We can’t keep inferior teams away from our goalkeeper.
Yes but he was having an impact as a sub which we don't have now. Nando would have done something today and Wednesday in the last 10/20 mins like he did last season.
It's not fair to call him lamppost, who took us to the final last season plus assists and goals.

You know what, when City can do an ok Watford 8-0, it’s probably slightly ridiculous to do anything but pick up the ball and go home.

Roll on Colchester away, really need these blues to clear. This Leicester result has hurt more than anything football wise has for quite a while.
Always thought the time to start rubbishing the LC and FAC is when we've won them a few times recently. Winning one in 2020 would be a start.

Back
Top Bottom