Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

VAR fucked us, but there are too many of our players who do not truly care about the club. We will not finish top four.
This is the final season of the Poch Era.
I'm glad I lived through the nineties. I know I can handle a shit future.
Var got us to a champions league semi-final!

Thing with Hawkeye in tennis is that the camera setup and the way it's visualised is basically perfect. Similarly, with Hot Spot in cricket, the thermal method leaves no doubt whatsoever over ball-to-bat contact.

As Andy Gray was pointing out, with VAR offside decisions there are three key frames that will be used to judge it (potentially two if the pass is a one-touch) which differ enormously. What we're not seeing in these VAR reviews is a 'flick' between the two frames where the ball is on/has left the passer's foot, which I swear we used to be shown before and would likely have left the VAR booth with an embarassing decision to make this afternoon.

Alas, if you understand the technology properly then it's easy to see the potential pitfalls and how it doesn't replicate the accuracy of, say, Hawkeye at all. The mentality that these marginal offside calls being made must all be absolutely correct is actually rather foolish.

At least with the handball decisions they're pretty clear, if admittedly harsh at times.
Well said. This incident shows the limitations of the technology. The FA can't pretend it is objective in all circumstances. As you say, video is frame by frame, not some magical continuous image. Also, the placing of the line affects a lot especially as players are at different angles to each other on the image. Tbh I think it shows he is onside, maybe I am biased.

Wow..6 games in and the season already seems like a washout...you are meant to start each season with a feeling of excitement and ambition and what might be...but I had none of that this season, i knew things were not right. But i didn't think it would go this badly, we are going o be lucky to finish top 6 imo unless something drastically changes..the manager and players obviously take the blame for the totally unacceptable results this season. But levy is really the cause of all the unrest.......

Like Norwich, Leicester have had their big day and even bigger result.
That’s their season over as it won’t get any better for them.

Norwich with giant killing last week and Leicester this week.
Shit happens but at least I will never have to go to a game and watch our fans use plastic clappers.

Enough with these fucking signs.

e97d9zjumyn31.png

Now that right there is a shit supporter, calling someone a prick because he thinks he's entitled to a free shirt.

Performance much better. Annoyed with the result but that's bloody football - a millimetre away from 2 up and game done.

VAR needs to have a tolerance/common sense level and give advantage to the attack. I don't think any football fans wanna see goals rubbed out when it's that close.

Taking Sissoko off was a bizarre one and Aurier is one lazy, clueless RB.

The call was probably right, we weren't robbed. We didn't say city got robbed instead we've said it was just right. No excuses for the shit were playing for many games except against palace.

Wrong. Despite being elated - immediately after my elation had subsided, the next day, I still consider the influence of VAR to be problematic. I’m staunchly against it. For several perspectives.

Performance much better. Annoyed with the result but that's bloody football - a millimetre away from 2 up and game done.

VAR needs to have a tolerance/common sense level and give advantage to the attack. I don't think any football fans wanna see goals rubbed out when it's that close.

Taking Sissoko off was a bizarre one and Aurier is one lazy, clueless RB.
Its either onside or offside, how far makes no difference, it was their day today and we will have ours. COYS

"Happy to slag off players, managers, owners and pretend to be a fan"

Wait, I have spent months and months defending Poch so don't even fucking go there you disingenuous little scrote.

Same with Eriksen who the majority of your little gang were busy slagging off whilst I was saying he is imperative to our success because I was trying to get behind one of our players.

Being critical doesn't = slagging off, you can't seperate the two because you think supporting a club should be like a fucking cult where you don't question anything, no matter how bad things are getting, you were the same with Levy, he can do no wrong in your eyes because you lack the ability to view things from a emotionally detached perspective.

I am not "pretending" to be anything either, I have supported this club for over 30 years, seen countless managers, numerous chairman and entire teams change and over those years I have come across a handful of supporters like yourself and it's always the same bollocks, blaming other supporters because you can't face the fucking reality of the situation because you lack the emotional maturity to do so.

You can keep ignoring what's going on all you want, I fucking LOVE Poch, I would LOVE for him to fix what's happening but this isn't just one bad result or a few bad decisions, this has been happening since last season and anybody who isn't a delusional cunt can see it.
Hate to agree, but this is pretty spot on as to how I'm feeling at the moment.

Its either onside or offside, how far makes no difference, it was their day today and we will have ours. COYS
Not when it's that close it makes all the difference . No way I'm having that body position, armpit hairs, and exact second of ball release can be measured that precisely. One mili-frame back and Son is onside. For me, it's killing the game when used like that whether it goes for or against.

Back
Top Bottom