Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bringing on someone Wanyama who had 0 minutes this season is a farce. Was at fault for the second goal and got booked within 10 minutes, how the hell he's ahead of Dier and Skipp I don't know.

Same old Poch though, soon as the game starts he has no impact on the game, shows it game after game.

Problem is we got no consistent finishers others than Kane. Moura has been the second most consistent but he gets modest playing time. You can’t expect to win consistently when you’ve only got two guys that can score

We've scored 2+ goals almost every game this season (including today essentially). Finishing isn't the problem right now.

Keep getting a lead and letting teams back into it. That's worrying. And it's a mental thing when you do it so consistently

Poch is a very odd manager tbh.

Wants rid of Rose in the summer and makes him the undisputed first choice now (which he should be)

Wants rid of Wanyama and now hes mysteriously ahead of Dier and Skipp in the pecking order.

It's just so extreme and baffling.

Objectively looks like we cant defend properly and the mentality just isnt right.

7 games this season and conceded 10 goals.
Been ahead in 3 of those at half time and failed to win.

i wonder when the happy clappers will start worrying, no away wins since January, shelling goals like peas, the likes of Jan, Toby,Dele and Eriksen absolute shadows of what they used to be and a manager who can shout and scream and he still gets nothing out of them.
Leicester will finish above us this year and we will still have happy clappers on here having a go at the fans who speak up
we need some new energy, the manager has to go

Didn't watch today, thank fucking god. Pissing down in Portugal too, which sounds like sums up performance today.
Performance was not as bad as some make out. We looked good going forward, but were a bit wasteful. Kane had a couple of decent chances, not easy but usually I would expect one to go in. Son had the best chance and maybe should have scored. Lamela's energy caused them problems. Terrible in defence. Poch made some bad tactical decisions

The VAR decision was a disgrace (ruling out our goal) . It was not decided by science or facts but a human deciding where a line should be drawn. There are too many variables when it is that close: the fact that video is a set of pictures, when exactly the ball was touched, and where the line is drawn

Pochettino is running short of time. No doubt.

He really is.

It is becoming inevitable and seemingly no matter what we do it isnt enough.

By a country mile his hardest period since he's been with us. Come through it and he will be very strong.

It's not about players or even substitutions because that is easy excuses to suit the result but sentiment.

You knew at 1 each that we would not win. Or that's how I felt.

And those little decisions, such as with Aurier are the little things that become big career defining moments.

I fucking love the bloke but I'm seriously starting to question if Poch is the man to take us forward now - it feels like he's making tactical decisions for the sake of it, or just to stroke his ego.

Would Pep or Klopp have left Lucas on the bench so long? I fucking doubt it - EVERY time we've seen Wanyama feature recently he's been completely off the pace, given the ball away and failed to track runners - suprise fucking suprise, it happened again today, why can't Poch see that?

Man I am absolutely fucking livid.

For years we were focused solely on player progression

During that time we didn’t realize our manager never improved.

In game tactics and subs are still just as shit as day 1.

I am going to nail my bollocks to the mast and say that I think we need a change of manager, I don't think Pochs heart is in it anymore, I think he is making decisions which are actively harming us in terms of results now and I also think that when you combine that with his consistent complaining to the press it just doesn't look good for us at all.

I am not sure who will be better as a manager, simone maybe? More importantly, who will work with Levy because he's a fucking nightmare of a chairman who has clearly no short term interest in winning a trophy at this club (I will be fucking 90 at this rate before we win something because of his vision of "long term sustainability")

Back
Top Bottom