Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally agree , Umpires Decision in cricket reflects the FACT that the technology used is not 100% accurate, but the cunts running football pretend it is.

Really , this is a massive scandal that I'm surprised is being allowed to be brushed under the carpet.

The whole thing is open to abuse, for example what gets looked at and what doesnt.

Although it was an away game, the new stadium the training ground s having negative impact on the pitch, we were doing much better in Wembley.

Wanyama comes on for defensive reasons. Proceeds to turn the ball over leading to LC’s first goal. Then he’s caught in no man’s land when he should be on Maddison giving him that shooting lane on LC’s second goal. Not sure what Poch is thinking bringing him on. Solid player in the day but he’s well past it which is obvious to all

Always jars when people say that...
It's like you KNOW me!

As I say... at least it will start to eradicate the pre-arranged goal celebration 'dances'!
.... it woulda been cringeworthy had it stood...
When it's disallowed, it just looks plain stoopid!
The real problem with VAR is that finally at the close of the 2010s football has finally begun implementing 1990s technology. With the technology in computing, wireless connectivity, and localized GPS systems, we should be far ahead of where we are in a league with as much money as the PL. Computer systems are driving cars, boats, and planes capable of making split second evasive maneuvers. Put a chip in the ball that can read pressure to know when it played. Put a chip on players' shoulders. Job done, and the referee can be alerted instantly.

Sack the useless fucking linos and assign them to assisting the referee so that the decisions that aren't location based and can't be automated are improved.

Football in the 2040s is gonna be so much better.

Enough with these fucking signs.

e97d9zjumyn31.png

Thing with Hawkeye in tennis is that the camera setup and the way it's visualised is basically perfect. Similarly, with Hot Spot in cricket, the thermal method leaves no doubt whatsoever over ball-to-bat contact.

As Andy Gray was pointing out, with VAR offside decisions there are three key frames that will be used to judge it (potentially two if the pass is a one-touch) which differ enormously. What we're not seeing in these VAR reviews is a 'flick' between the two frames where the ball is on/has left the passer's foot, which I swear we used to be shown before and would likely have left the VAR booth with an embarassing decision to make this afternoon.

Alas, if you understand the technology properly then it's easy to see the potential pitfalls and how it doesn't replicate the accuracy of, say, Hawkeye at all. The mentality that these marginal offside calls being made must all be absolutely correct is actually rather foolish.

At least with the handball decisions they're pretty clear, if admittedly harsh at times.

Indeed mate it's very hard with football because there is so many grey areas with the rules. However in cricket with Hawkeye they back the onfield umpire if it's to close to call, even of it shows it marginally hitting the stumps. They admit hey the technology isn't perfect that's to close to call so stay with the onfield decision. In football as it is they are backing a technology that they know is still subjective and has large errors in it like you say.

As I said we should just let the onfield ref look at decisions with it and the offisde only changes things if it clearly shows a head or foot being offisde not 2mm of a players shoulder

Never looked like even scoring in the last 10, mentally broken
6 minuets left and no urgency just kept plodding on that been two seasons ago we’d have powered on and I’d have been quite confident we’d get at least a draw but not today or even anytime soon with the current attitude unfortunately.

VAR bottled it but so did Spurs attack. So many chances left begging and should’ve had 3-4 goals with some proper finishing in the final third. Son was especially wasteful and if Danny Rose could deliver a ball into the box just once via his plethora of chances. Frustrating day.

Yeaahhh, have a pretty bad feeling about all of this tbh.

Nothing really feels right. The players just don't look very happy. The manager hasn't looked happy for quite some time.

It's getting more and more difficult to shake the end of an era type feeling that's been creeping up over the last 6 months...
How could it feel right to be honest, our two Centre half’s won’t sign a new contract🙄 our left back we tried to sell but plays over a left back we want to keep🤔, Wanyama we couldn’t give away in the summer is now suddenly the answer🤔 Eriksen wants to leave yet is preferred to a player who wants to give 100% for the club but is reduced to mere minutes of a game🤔

Don’t know where your getting the “somethings not right” thing from😂😂

Enough with these fucking signs.

e97d9zjumyn31.png
It's a fine line between love and hate innit?
Why did you make a sign up for "ignorant pricks" who might ignore you when they've lost a game... did you expect them to be HAPPY??

Footballers are stoopid... it's partly why we lost... don't expect them to be able to read into the bargain.. can't have it BOTH ways!!

...and hang on, why the assumption that if you 'make a sign' you get a free shirt...?

Go to the club shop and BUY one like the rest of us, you little cheapskate!

Oooh.... Mr Bank Manager... I made a sign, can I have a free mortgage??
Whaddaya mean "No"?
BUT I MADE A SIGN...
YOU IGNORANT PRICK!

Sorry mate I will cry and blame everything and everyone but ourselves.

Btw what was your opinion on the VAR call that allowed Llorente to score against City last season and also the one which didnt give city a foul for the Lamela challenge this season?
Same as the one that gave the pen against Danny rose against city in CL

If you actually look at the way the lines are drawn on the freeze frame shot used to decide that Son was offside it appears that they were drawn on to Leicester’s advantage. The red dotted line comes down from Son into the ground. The red horizontal solid line is drawn on very thickly from the bottom right hand corner of the broken line. The blue dotted line comes down from the Leicester player and into the ground. The solid blue line is much thinner for Leicester and is actually drawn from the bottom left hand corner of their dotted line. Had both solid lines been the same thickness and been drawn from the same corner of each dotted line then I think Son is shown to be onside.
We were robbed
We would have still found a way to not win even if we went 2-0 up!
You are probably right but that was very possibly a corrupt decision. Surely in these days of player power there must come a point when the players tire of the VAR system and collectively take some action

Back
Top Bottom