Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeaahhh, have a pretty bad feeling about all of this tbh.

Nothing really feels right. The players just don't look very happy. The manager hasn't looked happy for quite some time.

It's getting more and more difficult to shake the end of an era type feeling that's been creeping up over the last 6 months...

I fucking love the bloke but I'm seriously starting to question if Poch is the man to take us forward now - it feels like he's making tactical decisions for the sake of it, or just to stroke his ego.

Would Pep or Klopp have left Lucas on the bench so long? I fucking doubt it - EVERY time we've seen Wanyama feature recently he's been completely off the pace, given the ball away and failed to track runners - suprise fucking suprise, it happened again today, why can't Poch see that?

Man I am absolutely fucking livid.

It's bit hard to win when Aurier doesn't give a fuck, the club were telling Rose to get a new club, trying to sell Eriksen and then playing all 3. Ndombele is showboating and does not track back.
Oh, and then Wanyama is brought on. FFS.
The dressing room must be poison.

The reputation we build in the last 5 years has completely evaporated, nobody is afraid of us anymore. We have become like Woolwich, so easy to play against. We give opponents massive amounts of room, have several lazy, knackered or dumb defenders and refuse to change our tactics in recognition of this reality.

Poch talks a lot about perception and reality but the reality is that we cannot play this type of football with these players. We do not have the power, energy or guile to play such expansive, high-risk football without leaving ourselves massively exposed.

Yes we were unlucky not to go 2-0 up but why couldn’t we keep the clean sheet? Why is Rose asleep once again? Why is nobody tracking the runner just in case? Why is Wanyama on the pitch when he can’t run and inevitably failed to block the winning goal? Poch’s perception is that he can play this football with these players but the reality is that he can’t. Until we find a team and a tactical plan that can keep a clean sheet away from home, we will keep losing matches.

Problem is we got no consistent finishers others than Kane. Moura has been the second most consistent but he gets modest playing time. You can’t expect to win consistently when you’ve only got two guys that can score

I really don't think we deserved to lose that game. That was our best away performance of the season. Leicester are a decent side, and they had moments as well, but we pissed away some great chances second half, Son was very wasteful, should have had a pen and that offside was ludicrously tight. And then we lose to a 25 yarder.

Have no problem with Poch's subs at all either. They were getting well on top, putting on a DM was a good call and we started to get more of the ball again, and get on the front foot again. Evidenced by them swapping an offensive midfielder in Teilemans for Choudary.

Draw would have hurt, but to lose that game where have had 55% of the game and created some good chances away at a decent side is fucking harsh.

Embarrassing. Something is very wrong
Shit starts at the top, my friend. The very top.

The rot set in when the owners forgot they had a football team for 18 months.

It'll take years to get back on track in my opinion. Half the players don't want to be here. The manager don't wanna be here. And the owners only care about the profit margins.

A recipe for disaster

Honestly. Modern football can fuck off.
Fuck off, this is killing the game. The once beautiful game.
I honestly woulda been happy with 3-2 if all the goals had stood...

What's the point of VAR... I know it helped us last season, but FUCK weren't we lucky?

The only good to come from VAR will be to quash the pre rehearsed dance move goal Celebrations, cos everyone is too scared to rehearse one...

Bring a bit of spontaneity back into the game!

Back
Top Bottom