Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another absolute garbage first half performance. Third in a row this season. Dreadful. Disasterclass from Poch not starting Eriksen and Vertonghen.

Sure, quick to type when you see something you disagree with though aren't you?

Instead of moaning about posters all the time why not just consider the possibility that someone other than yourself can be right about things?
You spineless whining cockwomble. We have been watching this scenario play out season after season. Clubs come here knowing that they will get hosed if they try to win so they defend in depth and hope for a breakout.
Some get one and still get hosed, and sometimes we get the rub and hose them anyway.
Chill the fuck out, stay with the faith and trust in the players and management.
Seriously, you were whining 10 minutes in.
We have the players, the experience and the infrastructure to do this. Do you really think they are better than us?
Grow a spine

Aye, lets blame Sanchez. If Toby is in position, Dav doesnt need to come in central. A new contract for Toby? Please no.
I’ll have to look at it again but dav so often does neither of stepping up for offside or sticking tight and going

Toby and jan knows this part inside out and back to front

Need a central three of Eriksen, Winks, Lo Celso and push our fbs up the pitch. We need width cause at this rate we aren't getting through that 10 man wall.

That would be smart.

Which is why we won't do it.

I am almost expecting Poch to bring Eriksen on for Lucas and play a weird diamond formation with Lamela behind Son and Kane.

Four things for me

1) The front four are playing way too narrow, personally I think Lucas and Son are too similar, it's okay if you have a guy like Eriksen in midfield or even if we had Ndombele there instead of Sissoko but nobody is there with the ability to pick them out. There were times we were going forward and they were all within the width of the penalty arc.

2) I said this last week but I just don't think we look any good coming out from the back with two right footed centre backs. All our play is shifted towards one side and that split second it takes Sanchez to shift his body weight on to his right foot slows the game down ever so slightly.

3) KWP. I am really worried that the decision not to purchase a RB is going to bite us in the ass. It is only early days and he will get better but he really was well below standard in that first half (as was everyone tbf, but him in particular). He lacks confidence on the ball, isn't actually that quick and seems a bit 'too nice' (as cliche as that sounds), there was one point in the first half where Sissoko just would not open up his body and make a half decent option for him which led KWP running down a blind alley with no options. As soon as he gave the pass back to Toby I was expecting him to berate Sissoko or at least say something but he just didn't say a word by the looks.

4) The memeing of Mike Dean has really bitten us in the ass, he is glorying in the opportunity to not give us calls. No clue how the Rose pen wasn't given with VAR, even when he doesn't give them you can see he is getting so much joy out of it. He should not be allowed to referee our matches anymore because he has clearly had his judgement clouded from that whole thing as well as the confrontation with Poch at Burnley last season.

Starting Vertonghen only makes sense when Poch sets the defence up correctly. Teams know we have a weakness wide and are flooding men into those areas.

Love poch but jans our best defender & we need him out there. & Eriksen is what makes us tick so should be playing too. Lamela just looks average again to me. You lot get my hopes up that he would be running the game & we would be few up by now.

Back
Top Bottom