Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We will still win this but we can't continue to play like this in the first half, something has to change tactically with us during the season if we aren't going to be playing Eriksen and Jan because all it's teaching us so far is that we are going to really struggle when we eventually lose them.

Sitting here feeling like I'm at a wake. It's got to be said. In my extremely humble opinion, the blame lies fairly and squarely on Poch. He may be great at getting the best out of young players but this shit we're watching is down to him. He leaves great players on the bench, plays 2nd stringers and clearly has no tactical vision whatsoever. Leaving out Verts and CE, playing that lumbering idiot, Sanchez......it's been going on for 2 years and shows no sign of changing. He also allows personal feelings to influence his team choices. O-1 down to The Barcodes. How is that possible? In the run up to this game, I was one of the more circumspect people, not predicting huge wins and lots of goals. I didn't say anything because I didn't want my head bitten off by all and sundry but this has gone on long enough. We should be looking at Poch with a much more critical eye and asking ourselves some very uncomfortable questions.

Fair point, at some stage the question has to be asked ....When do we put poor performances on Poch's doorstep instead of simply criticising the players ?

Poch is falling out with too many players - Jan , Tripps etc. Selling Trippier without having somebody better was always going to be a mistake. Get the feeling the mood inside the camp is not good.

KWP, Lamela, Sissoko and Winks. Great squad players.

Love poch but jans our best defender & we need him out there. & Eriksen is what makes us tick so should be playing too. Lamela just looks average again to me. You lot get my hopes up that he would be running the game & we would be few up by now.
So why do you love Poch when you’ve just named three reasons why you think we are losing

It also helps that Jan literally screams instructions to the other defenders for the entire game when he plays. He leads the line which none of our other defenders do. Toby as the senior defender should be giving Davinson instructions as soon as he drifts out of position.

I think Toby is so focused on being a 1 on 1 defender that he forgets that he has a partner that he needs to look out for. Which works with Jan who is the one in control of the duo.

Completely spot on - Jan is the glue of any successful partnership we have had for years. Baffling to leave him on the bench when he is available.

Back
Top Bottom