Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well he should know how to pronounce it correctly.!!, Lo C(h)elso must be correct in the Argentinean lingo.
Yes it is. Which makes it all the more interesting that Giovanni refers to himself as Lo S(c)elso (first video of him on the Spurs website). If he's a sub warming up near me tomorrow I'm going to ask the man himchelf (I'll be chitting near the chuchline).

Can't we just sing (To the tune of North London is ours)

We know what you are.....
We know what you aaarre.....
Mike Dean
We know what you are.

Folks can get as creative as they like with the third line.....
This is very good - I'll be singing it - but the correct lyrics are "YOU know what you are." (it should be a precise quotation of Poch's astute analysis of the little cuuuunt).

Freaky coincidence time.... I read your post, having just come out of the toilet, where I was taking the essential early morning crap and singing (to the tune of Knees Up Mother Brown) "You know what you are." It's a sign. It must be.

Actually, could the last line be changed to, "You're not V. A. R."?....

You know what you are.....
You know what you aaarre.....
Mike Dean (cunt)
You're not V. A. R.

...or is that too fussy?

I don't give a flying fcuk how we play within reason tomorrow as long as we win.

That draws us closer to whoever sits top and would represent probably more points than we might have expected.

The one frustration which we just seem to be unique in is the lack of change.

We will start with an 11 that were here 2 seasons ago. It is only us that seems to not be able to change and impact, notwithstanding Ndombele's oh so typically Tottenham injury.

4 players bought in the summer. 0 starters.

This is very good - I'll be singing it - but the correct lyrics are "YOU know what you are." (it should be a precise quotation of Poch's astute analysis of the little cuuuunt).

Freaky coincidence time.... I read your post, having just come out of the toilet, where I was taking the essential early morning crap and singing (to the tune of Knees Up Mother Brown) "You know what you are." It's a sign. It must be.

Actually, could the last line be changed to, "You're not V. A. R."?....

You know what you are.....
You know what you aaarre.....
Mike Dean (cunt)
You're not V. A. R.

...or is that too fussy?

We're practically The Beatles!!

One last change

You know what you are......
You know what you aaarreeee.....
#### you Mike Dean
We've got VAR......

It's a number one Christmas hit!

Obviously the 3rd line can be a little sterner language..... (Up your's for example)

I don't give a flying fcuk how we play within reason tomorrow as long as we win.

That draws us closer to whoever sits top and would represent probably more points than we might have expected.

The one frustration which we just seem to be unique in is the lack of change.

We will start with an 11 that were here 2 seasons ago. It is only us that seems to not be able to change and impact, notwithstanding Ndombele's oh so typically Tottenham injury.

4 players bought in the summer. 0 starters.
Poch explained his reasoning for all this in his press conference yesterday. I thought he made a convincing argument.

He said he's not a scientist - he's not paid to carry out experiments on the pitch. He's a coach - he plays his best 11 for the job in hand - and he lives or dies by his decisions.

One last change

#### you Mike Dean
We've got VAR......

Obviously the 3rd line can be a little sterner language..... (Up your's for example)
Okay Ringo - one last tweak, then we got a number 1 - it should be 'Michael Dean' (scans better).

No one should be guaranteed a spot in the team. Not even Son. With Ndombele now injured, it'd probably be a good chance as any to get back in the team though. I'd personally always start him over Lucas as he's a much better player - but I'm not sure how you can drop Lucas right now. It's exactly why I didn't cry when both Eriksen and Vertonghen were dropped for the opening game.

It's weird that people cry when Kane comes straight back into the team when we're doing well without him now all of a sudden Son is available and he should be guaranteed a spot instantly.

He hasn't played a competitive game of football since the 1st of June. It's probably not smart to throw in someone who isn't match fit against a team willing to sit back.

you clearly need basic comprehension skills.

You said no one should be guaranteed a spot in the team but then why do alli eriksen and kane ALWAYS have guaranteed spots when they have absences. Clearly by now Son has overtaken alli and eriksen atleast.

eriksen and vertonghen were not dropped because of their ability but because of transfer rumours and vertonghen clearly stated was not fit. People generally did want kane back immediately. He should not have played in the champions league final after being injured for 2 months..

I just think we are an odd club. Superbly consistent in the last 4 years but crying out I feel for reinvigoration.

It's the worry for me that none of Kane, Eriksen and Alli have improved in the last 18 months in my opinion.

That we still have the disrespectful Rose and the wantaway Alderweireld and that somehow we cannot find and introduce players who push us to greater heights. Of course I expect the 3 newbies to do that. If not hmmmmm.....

Last edited:

One last change

#### you Mike Dean
We've got VAR......

Third line should be “Mike Dean you wanker”?
Or for the less potty mouthed
“Don’t worry Mike Dean”

Last edited:
I wish we'd have gone for Shelvey.
#Specsavers.

nintchdbpict0003973245241.jpg

I know it's totally irrational, but theres something about Salah that makes me think that giving him a damn good slap would make me feel better. I have no idea why.
When i went to a Spurs legends evening in Watford in January, Graham Roberts couldn't hide his utter contempt for Salah. He was the player that he most wanted a 50/50 with from the modern game.

I don't think Salah is in the same league as Mane. He's just a chancer who gets lucky. Mane runs rings around him. I also think Son is way better than Salah. Much more creative and 10 times more exciting to watch.
Read the response we are talking about close control dribbling only nothing else , if you think son is consistently better than Salah at that you're wrong..

I don't think Salah is in the same league as Mane. He's just a chancer who gets lucky. Mane runs rings around him. I also think Son is way better than Salah. Much more creative and 10 times more exciting to watch.
I can’t stand him as much as the next man but this is really letting some prejudice cloud your judgement spanners

Theres bias and theres sillyness. He chanced his way to a premier league record? Salah outclasses both in not just goals but also assists.

Back
Top Bottom