Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All these pics are from a first half that Pochettino admitted he got totally wrong, leaving his players "confused"...we were far too narrow and Villa packed the middle rendering the diamond fucking useless...there's several which have every single Villa player behind the ball and pretty much within the width of the 18 yard box....it's no wonder that "Toby goes wide"...

But Dele, Son , Sess And Lo Celso were not available..... so who would you have on the bench?

But that was never the nature of our conversation was it?

You said you'd have him on the bench every game because he's better than the current options at the club and asked the forum who would be a better option from the bench.

But that was never the nature of our conversation was it?

You said you'd have him on the bench every game because he's better than the current options at the club and asked the forum who would be a better option from the bench.

Ok, I think I’m with you now.

So who would be your ideal line up from our squad, and who would you have on the bench?

Ok, I think I’m with you now.

So who would be your ideal line up from our squad, and who would you have on the bench?

Well that would depend on a lot of factors and would require some thought but let's just say as things stand if everyone was available Lamela would be nowhere near my first team and not in the 18.

Well that would depend on a lot of factors and would require some thought but let's just say as things stand if everyone was available Lamela would be nowhere near my first team and not in the 18.

But your idea line up shouldn’t be too hard, you are so certain Lamela wouldn’t be in it, therefore you must have a good idea who would be.

I don’t think he’d be in anyone’s starting 11

If I'm honest, I don't know where Lamela fits in the squad when Eriksen (if he stays), Alli, Son, Lo Celso and Sessegnon are all fit and available.

I love him due to his love for Spurs, and some games he can be great. But he isn't consistent enough.

For me he is behind Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lo Celso, Lucas and on level with Sessengon for now.

Last edited:
If I'm honest, I don't know where Lamela fits in the squad when Eriksen (if he stays), Alli, Son, Lo Celso and Sessegnon are all fit and available.

I love him due to his love for Spurs, and some game she can be great. But he isn't consistent enough.

For me he is behind Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lo Celso, Lucas and on level with Sessengon for now.

Fair.

I love him due to his love for Spurs, and some games he can be great. But he isn't consistent enough.

Sessegnon has done nothing yet. Lamela is well above him.
I think Lamela is a classy player, and if he stays fit can be a big influence.

Can someone explain to me how Moura gets a higher rating than Erik for the Villa game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Erik had a great game, far from it. He did have the shot that led to a goal, I'm not calling it an assist, He also worked his arse off and won the ball back, again leading to the goal.

But what did Moura do that made him better than Erik, IMO they were pretty much on a par. Both running into dead ends, tripping over the ball, no passing/bad passing etc etc etc.

Can someone explain to me how Moura gets a higher rating than Erik for the Villa game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Erik had a great game, far from it. He did have the shot that led to a goal, I'm not calling it an assist, He also worked his arse off and won the ball back, again leading to the goal.

But what did Moura do that made him better than Erik, IMO they were pretty much on a par. Both running into dead ends, tripping over the ball, no passing/bad passing etc etc etc.
Totally agree, Moura was appalling against Villa. Bar that one chance very early, he contributed very little, had plenty opportunities to take on the fullback but just passed back or sideways.

Lamela is a go to scapegoat for many on here - much like Sissoko was (still is)

With Trippier gone - he'll pick up the mantle now

Both were terrible, Moura was slightly less useless imo but I'm unaware he did get a higher rating , Moura's run for the third goal was used by Harry Kane so that's on a par with Lamela's fake assist I guess.

It used to be Eriksen, then it was Son, now it looks like Moura and Sessegnon are going to be the targets for the last bastion of Lamela fan boys. "Lamela was crap but Lucas was crap too" is a pretty poor argument. And Lucas has had some standout games for us in a relatively short time, and Lamela hasn't in a relatively long time.

It used to be Eriksen, then it was Son, now it looks like Moura and Sessegnon are going to be the targets for the last bastion of Lamela fan boys. "Lamela was crap but Lucas was crap too" is a pretty poor argument. And Lucas has had some standout games for us in a relatively short time, and Lamela hasn't in a relatively long time.

Spot on mate, I wouldn't be surprised if the fanboys try and get him in at right back as their next port of call, had the makings of a world class centre midfielder after he failed at the job he was bought in for according to some of the cult.

He fits in as being a long over due good squad player. He’s an option from the bench which we need

Back
Top Bottom