Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a thought.

The price seems relatively cheap for Dybala no? Juve have probably lowered their asking price , knowing that any club will have to pay to sort out the whole 'image rights' debacle.

His real price is then probably closer to 80...which seems about right.
Could be a bit of a discount as well for us to then shoulder this image rights crap, which by the sounds of it may end up having to be resolved before any transfer, regardless of where he goes.

I give up with football

cuLpFB9_d.jpg

"Sceptical posters aren't as much fans as those that aren't" ✔
"Sceptical posters are probably Arsen*l/City etc. fans" ✔
"Sceptical posters think we should sign just anybody" ✔
"Sceptical posters don't care if we break the bank" ✔
"Sceptical posters want us to do a Fulham/Leeds etc." ✔
"Sceptical posters should have more faith in our youth players" ✔
"Remember where we were 10 years ago" ✔
"The stadium debt means we can't buy players" ✔
"When Pochettino says X he really means Y"✔
"Chill, Levy's got this" ✔
"It isn't like Football Manager you know"
"FFP" ✔
"Fuck off, you don't understand football" ✔

etc, etc.

All arguments that were repeatedly trotted out last sumer and again in January. All arguments that have been repeated over and over again this summer. And yet somehow it's only the sceptical posters who are tedious, who drone on, who are spoiling the board and so on.

giphy.gif
Why do the same posters who have a go at sceptical posters think there posts are really interesting & not at all repetitive. For every post from john there are usually 4 or 5 posts from others basically saying I am a better fan than you!

We are at the point where we just have to pay the agents and image rights holders what they want for this Dybala deal.

I struggle to believe levy will do what it takes but given the time frame, unless he wants to look like a complete tit then he just has to cough up.

We have been at that stage for a week fact it's all kicking off little over 34 hours before the window shuts doesn't fill me with hope

There's going to be some very upset people tomorrow.

Maybe so, but you and others have been miserable cunts for months on end. Realistic, but miserable all the same. And you'll end up feeling right in the end at the expense of Spurs. Weeeeeeee.

For a few hours last night, things were looking all rosy, and the world in itself that is Spurs was a glorious place to inhabit. I might still end up disappointed, but "very upset"....not so much.

I know which of the two, I personally prefer. Each to their own I guess.

I've been left disappointed, and yes at times even very upset, at the end of both seasons and transfer windows damn near every single outing for decades as a Spurs fan. But there's always been those glorious moments along the way to make it all worthwhile. And then some

In most of life's aspects I'm actually realistical, to the point of cynical, but Spurs is a release valve. If you don't go with the flow and let the wonderfully unrealistic expectations take you over, what is the fucking point?

Are we just here to be realistically, miserable together? Count me out.

Just seen Dybala and his Missus walk out of KFC on High Road. I asked him if he’s moving to Spurs, he just looked at me and then told me to fuck off im eating.

Didn’t even get a wink.

Back
Top Bottom