Tottenham vs QPR (away) - THE RYAN NELSEN DERBY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not great, if Everton win they're within 1 point of us again, we just can't pull away from the chasing pack, season after season.

One of our problems seems to be no one who can go past people, so the opposing team just needs to stand in front of us and that's enough to prevent 90% of our attacks coming to anything.

It doesn't help that we are far too static and cumbersome in our build up, and teams seem to have figured Bale out.

I don't think Adebayor will be much of a miss, we don't need a holding player when the majority of the game is played in the other team's half.

I wonder if the players had to cancel a short holiday break due to the game being rearranged from Monday to Saturday at the last moment - they look like they could do with a few days off.

Very frustrating!!!!!!

How Ade can expect to fuck off to the ACN and NOT have a replacement by the time he comes back is beyond me....

If I was more suspicious I'd have suggested they arranged the result beforehand.. Everyone was a little TOO chatty and best friends at the final whistle for my liking... THEN AGAIN, that would be giving them the benefit of having the intelligence to orchestrate something like that!

More than likely, they simply underestimated QPRsoles desire to see out a drab draw and claim it as some moral footballing victory!

And what was with ALL THE BOOING of our players by their fans? We weren't THAT BAD were we?... Small-time cunts

Dembele is playing hurt, I think it's pretty obvious. Doesn't have anywhere near his normal burst.

Nor has the movement and as another poster said the decision making :(

We don't nearly look like a team chasing the 3 points. Players like Dembélé, Naughton, Bale and Defoe look more than happy just standing over the ball.

Not pretty.

Nice and convenient example to prompt some movement in this window...

Not great, if Everton win they're within 1 point of us again, we just can't pull away from the chasing pack, season after season.

One of our problems seems to be no one who can go past people, so the opposing team just needs to stand in front of us and that's enough to prevent 90% of our attacks coming to anything.

It doesn't help that we are far too static and cumbersome in our build up, and teams seem to have figured Bale out.

I don't think Adebayor will be much of a miss, we don't need a holding player when the majority of the game is played in the other team's half.

I wonder if the players had to cancel a short holiday break due to the game being rearranged from Monday to Saturday at the last moment - they look like they could do with a few days off.

That would be because we are all around the same level.

I also like how teams have figured Bale out when his last 2 league games he was destroying teams :avblol:

Bollocks. But what can you do when a team decides to put 11 men behind the ball at home?
At last, someone who was watching the same game as me. If Dembele had not of deliberately fouled Mackie in the first half, that game would have been a 1-0 loss. They would have scored and Harry would have put everyone behind the ball. As it happened, QPR need every point, they played for it, and got it. Fair play. If we had got dicked at the end, you would be hearing calls for AVB' s head. He did what he had too, given QPR's tactics. I count this as a point gained, rather than 3 points dropped, away from home aswell. COYS.

Rose tinted glasses people, try to keep up, we played a team with 2 things to prove today.
1: keeping their Gaffer happy.
2: relegation battle.
These are the type of away games that we need to be getting points from, and we did. Onwards and upwards.

Back
Top Bottom