Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lets look forward at another season of kane being really selfish and jeopardizing the team for his own personal glory

Not his greatest fan are we?

Only hit the odd 24 goals last season despite being out for months.

Please, I think you may have realised the stupidity in your statements. Don't try and double down and confirm it.

Lets look forward at another season of kane being really selfish and jeopardizing the team for his own personal glory
Yes. The selfish bastard. He hates Spurs. He has only one thought in mind - his own personal glory, the selfish git. Jeopardizing the team every time he walks on the pitch.
Let's just watch the git jeopardizing our team 36 times last season, the bastard:

Oh, there you go. We have him ladies and gentlemen. Another one!

goon piece of shit
Goon what you on about? Been a spurs fan since 1987 went to luton at home lost 2-1 and me and my brother had a fight in the stands over a burger. I'm just not sold on how good all you lot think this crop and how good you lot think they actually are. The squad neededmore of an overhaul in my opinion because it has become clear they can't win when it matters and someone like bale is a proven winner.
So before you go on about fucking gooner realise that not everyone is happy about top 4 year in year out I'd like to tell my kids about trophies something most of this squad has not delivered

Winks, N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Sissoko and Dier as midfield options

Eriksen, Alli, Sessegnon, Son, Lucas and Lamela as attacking mid options

Sadly I don't see it. I think Eriksen will be sold before deadline day.

Goon what you on about? Been a spurs fan since 1987 went to luton at home lost 2-1 and me and my brother had a fight in the stands over a burger. I'm just not sold on how good all you lot think this crop and how good you lot think they actually are. The squad neededmore of an overhaul in my opinion because it has become clear they can't win when it matters and someone like bale is a proven winner.
So before you go on about fucking gooner realise that not everyone is happy about top 4 year in year out I'd like to tell my kids about trophies something most of this squad has not delivered

fuck yourself you arrogant goon prick.

To be honest, a part of me would actually interpret those comments as Poch realising we have no chance of getting him whatsoever, and perhaps he's just trying make it appear to the fans that we are at least trying to bring him back. But I think if we were really in with a shot of getting him, I'm almost certain Poch would roll out his usual "I don't comment on rumours" line.

Could be wrong of course.

I think it's just Poch being his diplomatic self and showing Bale some respect as an ex legend of the club. Zidane (The bastard) has absolutely panned Gareth lately so rather than say "We're not interested" and heap more pain on the lad he's taken the safe ground and sat on the fence.....wise move.

I get the impression that others watch more of Poch's press conf's than I do. Can anyone recall EVER saying anything other than I don't comment on rumours, because the player belongs to another club?

I get that saying we don't want him, would rub salt in the wound, but why would Poch start rolling that out from nowhere in the first place. So if we're not interested he could have rolled out the standard response.

His comment, mentioning US as an option for Bale's destination, suggests to me that we are in for him, and he feels free to effectively say so, because yes he does belong to another club, but their manager has made it abundantly clear that he doesn't want Bale to belong to his club anymore. Again, if not, he would have pleaded the 5th by doing his standard comment.

Back
Top Bottom