Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't post on here anywhere near as much as I should, but I have no idea how you guys stand that arrogant, obstinate cunt, bus-conducter.

I used to read SC, and on there he was an insufferable prick who literally believed he knew better than anyone else, including one of the highest rated managers in the world, with one of the worst cases of confirmation bias I've ever seen. If his posting on the last couple of pages is anything to go by, I see that little has changed in his self-obsessed world.

And this place is far less forgiving on pretentious cunts like him than SC is. I'm surprised you lot havent torn him to shreds yet.

I’m guessing this SC place doesn’t have the Ignore option which this site has, we’re not turning on him because the majority of us can’t see his posts.

I don't post on here anywhere near as much as I should, but I have no idea how you guys stand that arrogant, obstinate cunt, bus-conducter.

I used to read SC, and on there he was an insufferable prick who literally believed he knew better than anyone else, including one of the highest rated managers in the world, with one of the worst cases of confirmation bias I've ever seen. If his posting on the last couple of pages is anything to go by, I see that little has changed in his self-obsessed world.

And this place is far less forgiving on pretentious cunts like him than SC is. I'm surprised you lot havent torn him to shreds yet.

This is bus-conductor right now

506abd9bdcb97.jpeg

Or maybe this

oh-so-you-wanna-ignore-me-memes-com-17623752.png

....And risk quashing the willingness to talk ad-hoc about films and food?

Is this a sacrifice for the greater good? :allitongue:
Some of that was interesting though Airfixx Airfixx

It was all in good spirit and didn’t go on for ever

This is just a fuckin nonsense

Davies. Rose. Aurier

They’ve all got their own threads

It’s just usual suspects arguing with incredible volume over stuff no one gives a fig about .... in the wrong thread.

No point arguing since Aurier is obviously going to be first choice rb this season but I don't think anyone can deny he's a bit of a twat considering his past legal issues, homophobic comments etc etc but hopefully Poch can set him straight and get a consistent season out of him because he's obviously technically and physically able to perform at the highest level.

But it's worrying that he could not convincingly displace Trippier even last year when Trips performances ranged from mediocre to disastrous.

Club must believe in him though, since they're selling Trips without replacement.

No point arguing since Aurier is obviously going to be first choice rb this season but I don't think anyone can deny he's a bit of a twat considering his past legal issues, homophobic comments etc etc but hopefully Poch can set him straight and get a consistent season out of him because he's obviously technically and physically able to perform at the highest level.

But it's worrying that he could not convincingly displace Trippier even last year when Trips performances ranged from mediocre to disastrous.

Club must believe in him though, since they're selling Trips without replacement.

Looks like Foyth will be first choice.

Looks like Foyth will be first choice.

Than after 2 or 3 shit games everyone will be hyper critical of our transfers..
If Foyth fucks up and and we lose a game 1-0, it will be his fault, not the attackers for failing to score and all that.

Can Lo Celso and NDombele play as a CM pairing in the 4231?

They can but that would mean placing Ndombele as a DM which would limit some of his play. Winks in the 6 role would Imo still be best.

More likely a 4-3-3 like the below perhaps.

Lloris
Foyth Toby Verts Sessegnon
Lo Celso Winks Ndombele
Son Kane Eriksen

Some of that was interesting though Airfixx Airfixx

It was all in good spirit and didn’t go on for ever

This is just a fuckin nonsense

Davies. Rose. Aurier

They’ve all got their own threads

It’s just usual suspects arguing with incredible volume over stuff no one gives a fig about .... in the wrong thread.

Fair play if that's your outlook... I understand that off-thread posting offends me less than others.

Personally, I just see it as organic debate born out of the trf rumours and activity contained within; which is typically how the trf threads pan out over the course of a summer. Not like anything of great value is being ommitted otherwise along the way.... On the flipside I'm not sure how one can practically segregate the trickle down concerns over (eg) a potential Rose transfer from the merely player/skill aspect of things.... Similarly in the case of KT/Aurier/Foyth it's just a knock on from the "do we need another RB now we've sold KT" question... Who's thread should that go in if it relates to all 3?

I would however fully support a seperate 'links only (no discussion)' trf thread to be 'stickied' for the benefit of those that just want to merely glance over the accumulated tabloid & twitter horseshit.

Saliba deal almost done for Woolwich although we never made a formal approach, I imagine the conversation involved us simply asking would you do a deal without the loan back? They said no so we said ok thanks a lot phone down. Yet again media running away with half truths it seems

Than after 2 or 3 shit games everyone will be hyper critical of our transfers..
If Foyth fucks up and and we lose a game 1-0, it will be his fault, not the attackers for failing to score and all that.

True, but that’s inevitable.

Poch clearly really rates Foyth and he’ll be a main man this season. Looking forward to seeing how he gets on. He’s obviously very confident on the ball and we will continue to play it out from the back, regardless. That might be the main reason he’s there - to give the ball to Winks or Tanguy.

Rose is a myth.
He’s not great in defence, and offers zero in attack.
He creates a buzz around everything he does.......but 99% of it comes to nothing.

He’s fools gold. Davies more than laced his boots when Rose was injured. A far more rounded level headed player.
No point crossing if you can’t cross eh.
Oh look another disagree from Art Vandelay Art Vandelay for the post above.

Pos reps for post 10
Neg reps for post 4

A fairly common ratio.

But apparently I’m in the minority and NSFB is in this group referred to as “we” who all disagree with me.

“Cancer” post incoming.....3......2.......1

:kaneear:

Edit: 11 pos reps
Edit: 12 pos reps

Well this is awkward.
#landslide

Back
Top Bottom