Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not about challenging for the league, it's just about improving and continuously getting better without making too many changes.

For me a summer that sees us sign Ndombele, Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Clarke and hopefully someone like Hysaj whilst retaining Toby and Christian would make us stronger than we were last season and that,mrealistically is all Wembley can ask with the size of the clubs around us.

If we challenge great but I'm more concerned with strengthening the team so it continues to not slip away. Top 4 is still the most important thing with the stadium and circumstances and when looking at the market I don't see many better than those guys that we can realistically get.
But I think Poch wants to build a side that challenges for the league, not just challenging for a CL place.
Which is understandable after last season. Sessegnon replaces Rose, Ndombele replaces Dembele, Clark is potential and wont be with us this season. Lo Celso would be an extra player added who may strengthen us, no one knows I mark him down as potential.

Jan's comments to sky make it seem like he's willing to sign a new deal. Also mentions how happy Eriksen is, which is an odd thing to bring up without any pushing. If Madrid were in for Eriksen, there would have been a lot more news about it by now.

I can see Eriksen staying and Lo Celso coming in. That would leave us with the freedom to sell Lamela if a good offer comes in.

But I think Poch wants to build a side that challenges for the league, not just challenging for a CL place.
Which is understandable after last season. Sessegnon replaces Rose, Ndombele replaces Dembele, Clark is potential and wont be with us this season. Lo Celso would be an extra player added who may strengthen us, no one knows I mark him down as potential.

I'm sure Poch wants to build a team that can challenge for titles etc but we have to be practical with it as well. Huge debts, huge challenges trying to overtake teams like Man City & Liverpool who have far bigger standings in football at the moment, bigger fan bases, bigger finances available etc.

There's no way of fluffing it up to appease people, financially we are still only the 6th biggest team in the country. Growth is the most important thing and with how Man City and Liverpool performed last season can anyone hand on heart see us challenging them, even with the players we might be able to sign should we make serious moves in the market? I don't even if there is always an outside chance.

I'm sure Poch wants to build a team that can challenge for titles etc but we have to be practical with it as well. Huge debts, huge challenges trying to overtake teams like Man City & Liverpool who have far bigger standings in football at the moment, bigger fan bases, bigger finances available etc.

There's no way of fluffing it up to appease people, financially we are still only the 6th biggest team in the country. Growth is the most important thing and with how Man City and Liverpool performed last season can anyone hand on heart see us challenging them, even with the players we might be able to sign should we make serious moves in the market? I don't even if there is always an outside chance.
I agree but Poch said the chapter is closed and a new chapter is starting, which needs a plan. OK the transfer window is not over but I'm not seeing us do things differently, like Poch indicated that he wanted to see.

I agree but Poch said the chapter is closed and a new chapter is starting, which needs a plan. OK the transfer window is not over but I'm not seeing us do things differently, like Poch indicated that he wanted to see.

We've just obliterated our transfer record mate, that's definitely a shift in the kind of direction Poch wants from us. We've committed to paying up to £63m for Ndombele when our next record was £40m and £30m. That's definitely the start to the next phase he was after.

I guess it was another team that smashed their transfer record in the first two weeks.

Do NDombele and Clark not count ?

If we get Lo Celso & Sessengon in as some people have suggested and we hang on to Toby & Eriksen (Even just for this season), then I will be happy.

However Lo Celso has gone quiet, nothing new that is credible has come up. After the speed at which the Tripps thing happened I know that anything is possible but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Eriksen, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Winks, Sissoko are all amazing options for different reasons in midfield and I could see us returning to our old 4231 formation pushing Eriksen higher up the field again.

Eriksen, Dele & Kane still have some of the best link up play in the world when they are in the same area of the pitch together instead of Dele/Eriksen being pushed further back. I think we would do well next season.

Also it's time for Kane to reclaim his Golden Boot from the Egyptian God of Bin Diving.

We've just obliterated our transfer record mate, that's definitely a shift in the kind of direction Poch wants from us. We've committed to paying up to £63m for Ndombele when our next record was £40m and £30m. That's definitely the start to the next phase he was after.
We are about to smash our transfer record again!

I guess it was another team that smashed their transfer record in the first two weeks.

Do NDombele and Clark not count ?
That's one player for the first team though, Clark is potential and won't be joining for us for now.
It's a good start but there are still things to be addressed.

Back
Top Bottom