Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At some time or another I would guess we have all moved house. Can anyone recall a time it happened when the buyers of your property tried to move their furniture in before your removal men had done their job ??
It's no good fresh arrivals looking around for an empty locker to put their stuff in if there aren't any available. Let's clear the decks, swab it down and then whistle aboard the new crew....Spurs ship sets sail on August 10th at 17.30. Let's see who is aboard then.
Aye,aye Captain Poch.

(Remember... the tablet I took is called Xanax and they are so fucking cool man, nothing phases you....everyone should try one during the transfer window). ....so much cheaper than Guinness :thumbup:

Wish Trips all the best. He got some unwarranted stick in some match threads towards the end of the season so think it best he gets out. Would definitely have been a popular scapegoat when it only 0-0 five mins into games in the new season.

Whether we replace him or not, I don't care. Whatever happens Poch will have had his say in it and that man has my complete faith.

Can't wait to get back to the action this weekend!

Absolutely and you’re not melting, Tripps gone on the cheap and if Toby and Rose follow, that is 3 first choice players lost. Kwp or Foyth are not proven epl defenders to replace them and neither is Dier.
What is the plan?!

I think we will sign some more players personally.

However, in a hypothetical scenario if we don't I would like to ask the people constantly accusing others of being melters if they would be happy with just the one first team signing in N'dombele and if they think that's enough for a team that is supposed to be showing ambition to win trophies?

Or if the worst case scenario happens (which I really hope it doesn't) and we lose Eriksen and Toby and we don't buy a new RB to replace Trippier or anyone to replace Eriksen and Toby, would people still feel this has been a good window or that we have progressed from last season?

Personally I think selling Trippier was a mistake, yes, he's lacklustre and shit for a FB, there is no denying that whatsoever, that being said, our other RB options are clearly not good enough or Poch would have already been playing them ahead of Trippier before now, which means we really do need to buy a replacement RB.

I don't know why people think that our other options in that area will suddenly be good enough, reminds me of when people were believing VJ or Soldado would suddenly come good when it was clear they were never going to and we needed much better,

I personally think that if we wrap up LO Celso, get a replacement RB and LB and a backup striker and keep what we already have in Eriksen/Toby and others then that's a good window for us.

Basically 4 more signings is what we need for now to make sure we have good depth and a strong first 11 that can compete for trophies going into the new season imo.

Sky report :

POCH HAS A PLAN’
Tottenham
’s transfer strategy of allowing full-backs like Kieran Trippier and Danny Rose to leave the club is all part of a long-term plan constructed by Mauricio Pochettino, reports Rob Dorsett.
He said on Transfer Talk: “It does point to a Mauricio Pochettino plan here: he’s not happy with his defence. He thinks that’s what cost them in the Premier League last season, conceding too many goals. He wants to change that by overhauling his defence and clearly he has specific targets in mind to bring in.”

So there you go...we can all relax :thumbup:

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom