Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what Poch referred to as a painful rebuild.

Trippier going gives both kwp and foyth a chance so I'm happy with that. Rose if he goes will hurt and I don't think sessengon is anywhere near ready enough to take his place but I guess we have to trust Poch here.

We don't need to much. Lo celso I think looks like it's going to happen , I've never seen him play but he looks like a skillful player which will help break teams down. It also gives us more opportunity to play moura or son up front of kane is injured.

I don't know what we can do at centre half. Toby is obviously running his contract down so do we buy now or next summer? Same as eriksen. Unless a big offer comes out of nowhere it looks like his also running his contract down. That's over 100 million pounds worth of talent we could lose for nothing.

I still trust the process here. Clearly were looking for a bit of an overhaul so I don't think for one second were anywhere near done.

Now the pre-season tour is underway I wouldn't get too worried about new players. We all saw what Poch did with Moura when he came in January. Poch got his main man in Ndompele so the rest is keeping key players, adding depth and cloning Sissoko.

Good fun though. Imagine how boring life would be if we got all our transfer business done in the first week. :D

He went out and got Poch's top transfer target as soon as he could.

Lo Celso & Ceballos are still are vacation.

We're not taking Ceballo if its a pure loan deal.

Real Betis are on the brink of getting Lo Celso's replacement.

All signs point positive

Fekir is close to joining Betis. Once this happens im convinced Celso will sign for us very quickly

Saliba and the onion both going to arse doesn't look good on paper for us, but a one year loan with no option to buy doesn't look good for them. He does fill that welsh hole though

That centre back could turn out fantastic mind (as a lot on here said the other day when the chips fell in our lap). He could turn out pants too heh

Did anybody watch Lo Celso in the Copa? I don't know if it were the dodgy streams or him being benched, but I don't remember him at all. Foyth on the other hand was loud and proud. Good and bad...which is his style.

Did anybody watch Lo Celso in the Copa? I don't know if it were the dodgy streams or him being benched, but I don't remember him at all. Foyth on the other hand was loud and proud. Good and bad...which is his style.

Yep, nothing special in that competition I must admit (regardless of 'dodgy' streams), Foyth as you say stood out, but for me Sanchez came of age and quite simply looked World Class. :thumbup:

I’m not melting mate. Just think. Trippier, Toby and rose leaves. Let’s suppose. We have to bring a couple players. No?
Absolutely and you’re not melting, Tripps gone on the cheap and if Toby and Rose follow, that is 3 first choice players lost. Kwp or Foyth are not proven epl defenders to replace them and neither is Dier.
What is the plan?!

Yep, nothing special in that competition I must admit (regardless of 'dodgy' streams), Foyth as you say stood out, but for me Sanchez came of age and quite simply looked World Class. :thumbup:
I thought he was fairly good, wasn't the out-and-out first choice if I remember right.

Another problem is that Argentinian law states that all midfielders must look to pass to Messi within three seconds of receiving the ball

I thought he was fairly good, wasn't the out-and-out first choice if I remember right.

Another problem is that Argentinian law states that all midfielders must look to pass to Messi within three seconds of receiving the ball

Didn't know that 😂.....I just liked the way Sanchez did everything that was asked of him simply and effectively ...I thought he looked very mature and at ease no matter how pressurised the situation was. Augurs well for next season.

Back
Top Bottom