Judas....Legend ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Judas ever be considered or included in a "best ever" team

• Yes a legend

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Never a legend

Votes: 124 70.9%
  • Yes, include in a "best team" of all time

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Yes include in a "best team of the 90s

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Never include in a best ever team

Votes: 114 65.1%

• Total voters
There is another villain in all of this situation and that’s Alan Sugar.

The situation was ( I feel ) all about the money, Sugar for some inexplicable reason let Scumball go into the final 12 months of his contract and FAILED to address the risk.

Even as late as May 2001, when Sugar had pissed off, the club were saying that the demands made by team Campbell were ridiculous - and well they might have been, but they had put themselves into the weakest possible negotiating position. Once the boardroom started bitching about the money to keep him it was obviously going to end in tears.

I think Campbell wanted something like 5 million a year to stay at Spurs on a 4 year deal ( £100k ish a week ? ) In the situation he was in they should have paid it. But that boardroom seemed to know jack shit about the passion and reality of football in that period and they opened us all up to the whole turd of a situation. I am not sure Levy was chairman then or not, I think he was, so he’s got an element of blame to carry here too.

The only club who would pony up the money in the end was the toss pots up the road.

The club who should have paid the same £ was, sad to say, us. Tottenham opted not to pay the guy what someone else was offering. Economic reality at play there. If you take the emotion out of it. Campbell did what was right for his bank balance.

ENIC put some bloke in charge who I seem to recall really had short arms and deep pockets early days and as per Sugar, did not manage the risk.

Beyond this transfer, the club in 2000-2001 period was beyond poorly run, and Sugar had so little confidence in the year he sold he was actually unable to sell Scumball before he sold the club when he should have done.

He probably would have personally lost money or something had he paid and Sugar wanted his millions ( which the bastard got )

So for me there are 3 scum bags to dig out. Sugar, Sol and Sky Andrew and fuck em all. Forever.

I do also have to say that as early as March that year there were people suggesting Wenger was noncing up Campbell, so it was not quite as big a surprise as it finally became to some. But it makes a better story being the shock of decade. It was not that. Even the Man in a Rain coat was publicly saying Campbell won’t stay if the club don’t pay.

SPOT ON!

Yes Sol is an egotistical pre-Madonna- there’s no doubt about that; but at least he’s not a brain dead when it comes to finance. Tottenham should have paid him and held on to him; my fear today is that the cream of the crop we have today will likewise leave because Levy is just as sheen as that cunt Sugar!

I was expecting, and hoping, for exactly this response.

I think he is a cunt and I don't mean a cunt as we sometimes, or often, call each other on here. I mean a cunt of the highest order.

I did tell you all that there was at least one person who thought he would be, although whoever voted for "Yes.....Legend" hasn't posted their views in this thread.

I simply wanted to expose how deluded that thinking was.
And that person has the temerity to disagree with me....... not once, but twice!!!!!!
He obviously likes the notoriety of being the only person who has done that.
Doesn't he know who I am?

SPOT ON!

Yes Sol is an egotistical pre-Madonna- there’s no doubt about that; but at least he’s not a brain dead when it comes to finance. Tottenham should have paid him and held on to him; my fear today is that the cream of the crop we have today will likewise leave because Levy is just as sheen as that cunt Sugar!
It's prima donna actually. I don't normally bother pointing out people's mistakes, but you're starting to irritate me. It seems that you take the opposite view to everyone else, just to provoke. Disagree as much as you like, if that's how you get your kicks.

It's prima donna actually. I don't normally bother pointing out people's mistakes, but you're starting to irritate me. It seems that you take the opposite view to everyone else, just to provoke. Disagree as much as you like, if that's how you get your kicks.

It’s strange you say that, I hear exactly the same personal attack on other boards I post on. Be it Millwall, Dulwich hamlet or Tottenham mad.

The stand out factor in all cases including on here is that I have my view and post it [as is] whereas the general consensus have their view’s and strangely- they mostly agree with each other.

If a board is about a happy club of agreeable - so-be- it, but in real life that doesn’t work.

Mrs. P. There is nothing I have posted on here that I don’t genuinely speak openly about which is why you now have my mug shot too- rather than the cartoon character!

The club who should have paid the same £ was, sad to say, us. Tottenham opted not to pay the guy what someone else was offering. Economic reality at play there. If you take the emotion out of it. Campbell did what was right for his bank balance.
People traffickers and pimps also do what's right for their bank balance. It don't make it right. It's a pure capitalist perspective where only money matters, everything is for sale and everything is a transaction. Not digging you out, just saying IMO there was one person to blame for it and that's Judas.

Sol Campbell ruined my childhood. He might as well have molested me. That’s how deep my hatred for him is.

Funny how he’s spent his retirement attempting to justify what he did, especially since Tottenham Hotspur have gotten better and Woolwich have gotten worse.

He knows what he did was wrong. It doesn’t sit well with him.

What’s lost in all of this is that performance wise we actually didn’t get any worse; we were fortunate that Ledley King was ready to fill the void left.

I have never really seen the point of the disagree button.
Reply with why and what you disagree with,keep the thread going.
Not a dig at anyone, but just my opinion.

SPOT ON.

I’ve had more than a few X’s not that I give a fuck but on the occasion that I have wanted to put a point to challenge his/her disagreement it would mean kicking off on the thread or starting a new one - one on one - which it’s claimed is frowned upon or not liked.

Sol Campbell ruined my childhood. He might as well have molested me. That’s how deep my hatred for him is.

Funny how he’s spent his retirement attempting to justify what he did, especially since Tottenham Hotspur have gotten better and Woolwich have gotten worse.

He knows what he did was wrong. It doesn’t sit well with him.

What’s lost in all of this is that performance wise we actually didn’t get any worse; we were fortunate that Ledley King was ready to fill the void left.
I think a lot of it with him is, he knows we are the only set of fans from his old clubs that ever actually really liked him. Even with Woolwich is was a marriage of convenience. They needed him,and he needed their success.Once he ran off the pitch against West ham,the love died,He was a nobody to them.He has desperately tried to get us back on side since. A less arrogant bloke would have realised from the off, it was a pointless exercise.

People traffickers and pimps also do what's right for their bank balance. It don't make it right. It's a pure capitalist perspective where only money matters, everything is for sale and everything is a transaction. Not digging you out, just saying IMO there was one person to blame for it and that's Judas.

You could take that [people trafficking] factor over to the royal family thread where it would fit in very comfortably if you were clued up.

I think a lot of it with him is, he knows we are the only set of fans from his old clubs that ever actually really liked him. Even with Woolwich is was a marriage of convenience. They needed him,and he needed their success.Once he ran off the pitch against West ham,the love died,He was a nobody to them.He has desperately tried to get us back on side since. A less arrogant bloke would have realised from the off, it was a pointless exercise.
Don’t forget Portsmouth - they did win an FA cup but fat contracts like his one is partly why they went into freefall

There are probably no other kicks in his life other than the ones he gets from JohnH!!

Back
Top Bottom