Judas....Legend ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Judas ever be considered or included in a "best ever" team

• Yes a legend

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Never a legend

Votes: 124 70.9%
  • Yes, include in a "best team" of all time

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Yes include in a "best team of the 90s

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Never include in a best ever team

Votes: 114 65.1%

• Total voters
Thought after the unfortunate untimely death of Justin Edinburgh someone posted that we leave this alone regarding Campbell! He did what he did it’s history we don’t have/need to waste energy on him. We are better than that and we’ve better things to concern ourselves with far better.
That was me... and it was more about the "having a Party" song, and "Hanging from a tree" song...

Despite what he did, and how he did it... I'd rather HE look the Cunt, than we do for continuously singing about partying when he dies!
Thass all... still hate the Cunt... I just don't particularly wanna hear his name sung in ANY context on a matchday!

Ber and Modrix leaving do not compare at all. They went for big money transfers (to successful clubs that we can understand why they went) and because we got large fees it allowed us to to reinvest. Judas deprived us of funds to make other signings (when we really needed to) and went to our biggest rivals making us a laughing stock. People might not wish him dead, but no one should forget or forgive him.
Hope the name of the thread is changed.
its the way berbatov and modric went about their business that was shameful. Berbatov taking himself off to Man Utd
I agree that Campbell was way worse, but those two are the closest comparison

There is another villain in all of this situation and that’s Alan Sugar.

The situation was ( I feel ) all about the money, Sugar for some inexplicable reason let Scumball go into the final 12 months of his contract and FAILED to address the risk.

Even as late as May 2001, when Sugar had pissed off, the club were saying that the demands made by team Campbell were ridiculous - and well they might have been, but they had put themselves into the weakest possible negotiating position. Once the boardroom started bitching about the money to keep him it was obviously going to end in tears.

I think Campbell wanted something like 5 million a year to stay at Spurs on a 4 year deal ( £100k ish a week ? ) In the situation he was in they should have paid it. But that boardroom seemed to know jack shit about the passion and reality of football in that period and they opened us all up to the whole turd of a situation. I am not sure Levy was chairman then or not, I think he was, so he’s got an element of blame to carry here too.

The only club who would pony up the money in the end was the toss pots up the road.

The club who should have paid the same £ was, sad to say, us. Tottenham opted not to pay the guy what someone else was offering. Economic reality at play there. If you take the emotion out of it. Campbell did what was right for his bank balance.

ENIC put some bloke in charge who I seem to recall really had short arms and deep pockets early days and as per Sugar, did not manage the risk.

Beyond this transfer, the club in 2000-2001 period was beyond poorly run, and Sugar had so little confidence in the year he sold he was actually unable to sell Scumball before he sold the club when he should have done.

He probably would have personally lost money or something had he paid and Sugar wanted his millions ( which the bastard got )

So for me there are 3 scum bags to dig out. Sugar, Sol and Sky Andrew and fuck em all. Forever.

I do also have to say that as early as March that year there were people suggesting Wenger was noncing up Campbell, so it was not quite as big a surprise as it finally became to some. But it makes a better story being the shock of decade. It was not that. Even the Man in a Rain coat was publicly saying Campbell won’t stay if the club don’t pay.

Last edited:
As a good, Catholic girl (well, 1 out of 3's not bad!), I'm supposed to forgive. However, as he has shown no remorse, I've got him on a technicality, so I don't have to forgive him.
He's a non person, when it comes to THFC, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Did anyone ever blame Levy for that situation? Just curious.
in what way could it be Levy's fault?

edited to add:
If it was purely about money, he could have signed a pre contract with any european club giant 6 months before that. IMO, He knew , before ENIC even bought the club, what he was gonna do. the press conference was the day after his contract expired.
in the premiership era, with the speculation as it was, IMO, that wasnt agreed in secret in the final six months of his contract. that was agreed the previous summer, before any speculation could kick off.

Last edited:
Hate eats you up. He’s a cunt, but he doesn’t affect me any longer. He’s got to live with what he did for the rest of his life - I don’t.
Yep same here. What is key for me is that I LOVE to hate him, it gives me pleasure, it's fun, enjoyment. There is a huge difference when the hate consumes you when you think about it when you don't want to. With Campbel, I forget the cunt exists, it's only when this thread pops up from time to time, or a song is sung about him or if he acts a twat somewhere when I'm reminded that he is still alive.

He puts a smile on my face now because I love the fact we will have a pop at him for the rest of his days. Whenever there is an article about him in the press or an interview on the telly him being a cunt is always spoken about. He can't be mentioned without his cunt actions being tagged in the article. We have done that and to make it even better he has spoken about it because it does get to him!! Lol!!

in what way could it be Levy's fault?
ENIC ran the club when the contract talks broke down. It was ENIC who ultimately stated the demands were unacceptable and that led to everything else.

Let’s not sugar coat the first few years under ENIC the Austerity then was SHOCKING and it did not move forward until Arnsen.

If ENIC had come in and paid what he wanted, instead of bitched, then thousands of us would not have been utterly humiliated.

I still hold Sugar more responsible though. I think his last year he just pulled the plug and no chance of a decent contract for Mr Money when Sir Alan wanted out the door.

ENIC ran the club when the contract talks broke down. It was ENIC who ultimately stated the demands were unacceptable and that led to everything else.

Let’s not sugar coat the first few years under ENIC the Austerity then was SHOCKING and it did not move forward until Arnsen.

If ENIC had come in and paid what he wanted, instead of bitched, then thousands of us would not have been utterly humiliated.
ENIC owned 29.9% of the club in december 2000. .Alan Sugar was still chairman until February 2001. Cunt chops left in July 2001.

As long as I live, and until i hear otherwise (not mr "Im staying", who is a proven liar), I'll be convinced he had decided to go, and where he was going to, the previous summer. there is no way the press would have not got wind of him negotiating with the scum sometime after February.

There were even rumours being spouted (on spurs list, an old email forum) that ENIC sacked the raincoat in an attempt to keep him happy, as Judas apparently hated Graham

trying to say he joined the gooners is somehow down to ENIC is revisionist horseshit of the highest order

in my opinion, of course

Last edited:
Never. I was 2 years old back then and had no clue what Spurs or football even was, but when I heard of it I couldn't imagine how someone could possibly do such a thing... I'm disgusted now, and I haven't even experienced it, so can't imagine what it felt like for most of you here who had to cope with it and deal with those disgusting creatures down the road. He shouldn't even be allowed near Tottenham High Road, let alone be in the conversation of being considered a legend. Would much rather have a team with Soldado, Chiriches and Adebayor for the next 50 years than see that cunt wear a Spurs shirt again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom