We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately for me, as time passes I’m getting more and more upset about the match. Seeing retweets of ‘pool fans celebrating on my TL, knowing it could’ve been us is beyond frustrating.

I would’ve rather them dominate us, instead of the feeling I’m having right now where I’m asking myself questions in my head, “what if we did this or that; Poch started x instead of y....”

I think for the meantime, I’m going stick away from football news and media bar our transfer(s). One good thing is I’m in the US, so it can’t be too hard. Can’t imagine how my uk brethren are going cope :pochfacepalm:

Good thing for us is that no-one can understand wth scousers are saying

Devastated. Not gonna lie. Can't sleep cos it's playing on my mind so much.

It not that we lost. It is the biggest club game in the world - it happens. It's that we didn't play well. We didn't turn up and we lost to them.

Despite them having their fans like iz futbal iz futbal on here, they are not all that. They haven't been all that all season - they've just been incredibly fortunate. Their squad is crap...their bench tonight showed it... they've just been lucky enough to avoid injuries to their main players.

They were awful tonight and that's what hurts cos of we turned up we wud have beaten them. It's a chance missed.

That said, I'm proud of our team, staff and fans. Champions League finalists. Here's to a productive summer. In a few days I'll be praying for the new season in excitement.

Oh and can we completely ban Ossie Wembley , Don Giovanni Don Giovanni and a few others? Don't need their anti-Spurs crap constantly putting the club down

Just made myself a consoling cuppa with a couple of hobnobs. Feel deflated more than disappointed. Such a shame the game started like it did, as the atmosphere was amazing, building up nicely in the pub, along the High Road and inside the stadium. But that shocking penalty decision just knocked the wind out of everybody's sails, and it took ages for the players to actually cause some concern to their defence.
I haven't got the time or energy to read back everyone's comments during the game, but I'm pretty certain there will be have been some harsh remarks about Poch, certain players, tactics, etc etc. You can argue this, that and the other until you're blue in the face, and it won't change diddly squat. Football is a simple game - you just have to score one more than the opposition. Unfortunately, we didn't and no amount of discussion is going to change the result.
I know it is going to be worse tomorrow and for the next few weeks, so I'll be avoiding newspapers, TV and the like for the near future.
Woe betide anyone who gives me a hard time, or tells me 'it's only a game', as they will be asking for a knuckle sandwich!
So positives from tonight:
1. I don't have to find my way home from Madrid
2. I don't have to drag myself to Tottenham again for the parade and I can have a lie-in tomorrow
3. I don't have to buy everyone at work champagne
4. I don't have to have a tattoo done
I'm rambling now, so will shut up and leave you guys in peace.

Just made myself a consoling cuppa with a couple of hobnobs. Feel deflated more than disappointed. Such a shame the game started like it did, as the atmosphere was amazing, building up nicely in the pub, along the High Road and inside the stadium. But that shocking penalty decision just knocked the wind out of everybody's sails, and it took ages for the players to actually cause some concern to their defence.
I haven't got the time or energy to read back everyone's comments during the game, but I'm pretty certain there will be have been some harsh remarks about Poch, certain players, tactics, etc etc. You can argue this, that and the other until you're blue in the face, and it won't change diddly squat. Football is a simple game - you just have to score one more than the opposition. Unfortunately, we didn't and no amount of discussion is going to change the result.
I know it is going to be worse tomorrow and for the next few weeks, so I'll be avoiding newspapers, TV and the like for the near future.
Woe betide anyone who gives me a hard time, or tells me 'it's only a game', as they will be asking for a knuckle sandwich!
2. I don't have to drag myself to Tottenham again for the parade and I can have a lie-in tomorrow

Rest easy, Mrs P.... The healing process starts tomorrow.

Bin this thread - makes us look like the pricks on RAWK and ARSEWIPE - we're Spurs we're better than this

Poor decisions happen, this one wasn't even that hard to understand, crazy rule being poorly applied, so stop whinging like little kids .... it won't change a feckin' thing and makes us all look like cunts.

You accept mistakes in the pre VAR world, not in the post one. It's indefensible he didn't review it.

You are saying you haven't enjoyed anything about this season?
It was another season of failure...simple as...those who are satisfied with 'tried our best...lets be proud' bullshit don't win jackshit and ultimately that's what this manager and team have been doing....and it happens every March when the team collapses...not a coincidence...this was the one chance (by luck) to prove naysayers like me wrong but then again it was expecting too much from a bunch of also rans.

The first goal wasn't poch's fault. But yet again his persistence in picking and keeping on Kane has just become ridiculous. We should have stuck with the team that saw us through the quarter and semi and brought Kane on later.

It was another season of failure...simple as...those who are satisfied with 'tried our best...lets be proud' bullshit don't win jackshit and ultimately that's what this manager and team have been doing....and it happens every March when the team collapses...not a coincidence...this was the one chance (by luck) to prove naysayers like me wrong but then again it was expecting too much from a bunch of also rans.
We'll we all have opinions, and I'm glad you've expressed yours.

We love you Mrs P. - Can't wait for next season, Spurs till we die.

Back
Top Bottom