We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know this is true

D7kpkSGXsAAes9a

I am set now.

Start with Moura and Son. They deserve to play, are fit (one would presume) and have the pace to keep Liverpool's full backs fearful of going forward.

Defence is an issue or the right back position is. Combine Trippier and Aurier and you still have concentration lapses but also quality. It will probably be Trippier but I would go for Aurier's physicality and pace.

Winks and Sissoko all day long based on this season.

Then Alli and Eriksen who can both play ahead of the positions they were emplpyed in at the latter stages of the season.

Have Kane on the bench to bring him on and scare the living daylights out of Liverpool 15 minutes into the second half if necessary.

It's easy to say Liverpool are favourites. It's easy to say our name is on the cup.

It's a damn sight harder picking our starting line-up but I would disappoint Trippier and respect Moura, and not out of sentiment but because I think it's the right call.

COYS!!!

I am set now.

Start with Moura and Son. They deserve to play, are fit (one would presume) and have the pace to keep Liverpool's full backs fearful of going forward.

Defence is an issue or the right back position is. Combine Trippier and Aurier and you still have concentration lapses but also quality. It will probably be Trippier but I would go for Aurier's physicality and pace.

Winks and Sissoko all day long based on this season.

Then Alli and Eriksen who can both play ahead of the positions they were emplpyed in at the latter stages of the season.

Have Kane on the bench to bring him on and scare the living daylights out of Liverpool 15 minutes into the second half if necessary.

It's easy to say Liverpool are favourites. It's easy to say our name is on the cup.

It's a damn sight harder picking our starting line-up but I would disappoint Trippier and respect Moura, and not out of sentiment but because I think it's the right call.

COYS!!!

The starting 11 is so hard to choose..... Well at least when you get past the 6-7 definite starters.

My only problem playing Moura and Son together is that they were so ineffective against Ajax until Llorente came on - we had no way of getting the ball out of defense/midfield as they couldn't hold it as they were swarmed by defenders - Llorente came on and one all his headers which gave us an immediate way of going from defense to attack - it wasn't exactly hoof ball but it was mighty effective.

We’ve had a least one game in all of pochs seasons as our manager up until now where we’ve gone toe to toe with a top team and everything just seemed to click at the right time.

Games we just looked unplayable in because the belief within the squad and from the manager was so high.

Year 1: Tottenham 5-3 Chelsea
Year 2: Tottenham 4-1 Man City, Tottenham 3-0 Man United
Year 3: Tottenham 2-0 Chelsea, Tottenham 2-0 Gooners. The scorelines in these two only told half the story
Year 4: Tottenham 4-1 Liverpool, Tottenham 3-1 Madrid

Unless you include Dortmund who I think are quite weak defensively and we’re leading a weak German league at the time, we haven’t really had that performence this year. The 3-1 against Chelsea was great but was a close game with us taking our chances.

Does that mean one of the above performences is repeated on Saturday?

The drive from Lucus could be key. He's one determined bunny.

My hopes are coming to fruition..... When he signed, I said the best thing that could happen is him arriving with the desire to prove PSG wrong.... Saw a warrior spirit in him at home to Barca and from that point felt he was gonna be that guy..... What's more, regardless of game-time accumulated, his head didn't drop..... Not only that, he has god on his side.

In essence we have a first XII now.

'Brazillian Walcott?' .....Fuck off!

The starting 11 is so hard to choose..... Well at least when you get past the 6-7 definite starters.

My only problem playing Moura and Son together is that they were so ineffective against Ajax until Llorente came on - we had no way of getting the ball out of defense/midfield as they couldn't hold it as they were swarmed by defenders - Llorente came on and one all his headers which gave us an immediate way of going from defense to attack - it wasn't exactly hoof ball but it was mighty effective.

Strong points made mate.

It is easy to be blinded by our spirit and Ajax's fear of that night and to igmore what were shortcomings.

It's how we force our game on Liverpool as much as how we neutralise their strength.

What we did not have against Ajax was the ball carriage, which you would think Winks could provide, more so than Wanyama.

I just think starting with Kane demands closing down and oomph. Just back from an injury caused by just that might be a risk. On the flip-side Kane's size and movement keeps Van Dijk and Matip occupied although Moura and Son in behind has appeal.

Difficult.

Back
Top Bottom