We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aside from the game, I think humanity owes us a massive debt of gratitude, had Ajax won, the only thing discussed in the media up to June would have been Liverpool Football Club

Many empty seats in chavland for their semi I see.

D6JiXyaWsAIPSy0.jpg

I've never claimed to be in a "supportive minority" generally. I don't really give a fuck, I'm not petty enough to care where I sit on your, on anyone else's, league table of supportive goodness.

I don't think I'm alone but I do think I'm in a minority, certainly based on what Ive read on here and picked up of a general vibe at spurs with spurs mates, mates in general and the media in thinking that bottle is one of this side's strongest characteristics.

I caveated that last night by saying I think we lack certain other qualities, for the very reason of not painting myself as a fucking paragon of virtuous unquestioning unwavering belief.

But if you search my name and the word bottle (which given your diligent obsession with my fan-worthiness should be well within your remit) you will find I have continually stated this in the face of many a grumble about our alleged lack there-of and "spursy-ness" (which is a term I've always fucking hated because it's fundamentally bullshit, spursy is just something all football teams are most of the time).

But just to be clear, I really don't give a fuck if I don't score highly on your fannometre. I just think you are wrong on this.

TLDR....

I'm more than aware you don't care. Doesn't mean you won't get called out for being a div.

I noticed there was some fuss about that song being played. You do realise that we play that song EVERY single game?

And it's true 😉
It would be like you guys asking us wether we go marching in only when we are winning.
It's your song. You own it. You keep playing it.

Last edited:
I'm waiting at Noel Gallagher gig at The Palladium in the middle of the front row (all seated show).
I have chosen to wear a Spurs t-shirt just because I can.
Might be interesting if he spots me maybe.
Swear I was getting daggers in the bogs just now. Would have thought they'd have something else to do on a Thursday...

He's not ready yet. This was his first season as a full member of the first 11 and in the beginning he wasn't even undisputed. He needs another 2 seasons at Ajax, he wouldn't make it in the PL right now.
Lol! Two seasons! You just want more money from us. I know your game!

I don't know. We didn't win that much in Europe lately and still played it.

There is a story behind that song. In 2008, in a period Ajax didn't win shit, this song was played during a practice match in Cardiff. It was at that point that Ajax supporters embraced the song, believing that everything was gonna be alright.

Not that you would give a fuck.

Not true. Spurs may be a big club again but when I started supporting a quarter of a century ago we were shit and didn't win shit. In my view, that is what makes it all worth it - knowing you are shit (at the time), and believing that things will change and then, when that change actually happens, eventually, your joy it even more intense. So I understand. And even your loss last night was part of that journey back to success because those painful almost moments are put to rest when you come good in the end.

You can have De Ligt if you pay £100 million

I think he's great, but that would be some risk even in today's market. Spurs would not take that big a risk I am sure, but maybe one of the oil clubs would? I reckon we'd be interested if the price was a bit closer to sanity. Ziyech is interesting, though he comes across as a bit arrogant, is that the case? Poch avoids players who are too self-centered.

Not true. Spurs may be a big club again but when I started supporting a quarter of a century ago we were shit and didn't win shit. In my view, that is what makes it all worth it - knowing you are shit (at the time), and believing that things will change and then, when that change actually happens, eventually, your joy it even more intense. So I understand. And even your loss last night was part of that journey back to success because those painful almost moments are put to rest when you come good in the end.
Cheers mate. I hope that one day we will shine again and win that 5th CL. May take a while, though.

I really hope you win it this year. You deserve it after how you fought back again and again and again.

I think he's great, but that would be some risk even in today's market. Spurs would not take that big a risk I am sure, but maybe one of the oil clubs would? I reckon we'd be interested if the price was a bit closer to sanity. Ziyech is interesting, though he comes across as a bit arrogant, is that the case? Poch avoids players who are too self-centered.
I guarantee you that De Ligt is not a risk. Best defender at his age I have ever seen and his personality and mentality are absolutely world class.

Ziyech, I don't know. He can be absolutely brilliant with his vision and creativity, but he is also very selfish. Always wants to be in the highlights by shooting from impossible angles. And he has a lot of ball losses. There was a game against ADO Den Haag I think where he lost the ball 47 (!) times.
Buying him means you'll see a lot of beautiful passes to create openings you would never ever have imagined. But also many irritations.

Back
Top Bottom