Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quite clearly? So clear that a journalist asked for clarification?

You know something that concerned me, when asked to clarify, Poch was under pressure and replied with a load of jibberish that made no sense at all. His basic English was all over the place.

Now imagine if this happens in the dressing room when time is short and the pressure is on to get his message across to the players if they are playing badly and we are level or behind on the game

You know something that concerned me, when asked to clarify, Poch was under pressure and replied with a load of jibberish that made no sense at all. His basic English was all over the place.

Now imagine if this happens in the dressing room when time is short and the pressure is on to get his message across to the players if they are playing badly and we are level or behind on the game
If that was the case I assume that Jesus, who speaks much better English would tell him to take it in Spanish and Jesus would translate.

Going home is some sort of a saying like ‘I’m done here’, at least it is here in Romania so I can only guess it’s similar in Spain/Italy. I know he’s an Argie, but as far as I know Murphy, the town he’s born in has Italian influences and obviously Argentina has Spanish influences.
He said last week that Pochettino is an Italian name. I had no idea.

I think it speaks for itself, Poch is saying that if he wins the CL with us then really there is nothing more for him to achieve at this club because he believes it will not be topped for a very long time.

And he's probably right, even if deep down I like to believe he isn't, the fact is, the chances of us getting to the final of the CL again is highly unlikely (if we actually manage to get to the final) the chance of us winning it again (if we win it this time).even more unlikely, especially without significant investment.

I have always felt with Poch that his ultimate goal with Spurs is to win a major trophy and then move on, I can't see him staying here for his entire career and at the same time I can't see him leaving until he wins a trophy (unless he is sacked.)
I've just been catching up on all of this this afternoon. Poch says he was torn between us and Real Madrid last summer. If Levy had accepted Real's offer, it looks as though he would have gone.

Foreign Argie bastard, speak proper

To me it's a misunderstanding (hardly the first in a Poch press conference).

As plenty have said, the 'going home' stuff just seems like a throwaway 'I can retire/die happy' comment.

I reckon that bit about 'all the difficulties of this season' was less to do with lack of transfers etc but simply the countless massive obstacles we've encountered (Wembley factor, changing homes mid season, all the injuries). Poch is just expressing his disbelief that we're somehow still in the CL, and have somehow grabbed a CL spot next season, despite losing so many games and struggling desperately for form.

Fair enough, I'm expressing my own disbelief on a daily basis. But as manager, I do wish he'd sounded a bit more upbeat. His touchline body-language hasn't been great in the last couple of games. Sometimes wonder if both manager and team just used up too much intensity in the City games, and those full-cojones dressing-room celebrations that followed.

I fucking love Poch, but he just seems to have mislaid his mojo of late.

Luckily for us, he's going to find it again tonight.

:pochohshit:

Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino today reiterated his commitment to his contract and that he will see out his 5 year deal at least.

SHOWDOWN TALKS IMMINENT
There will be NO FUCKING SHOWDOWN TALKS !!

He's already said he's going home today no matter what the result.

Haha really? Sounds very stereotypically Italian to me, lots of Italian influence in Argentina, look at the surnames of a lot of their footballers including Messi
I live and learn. I knew Italians had emigrated to Argentina, but I am not sure why they chose to go there; why not the USA, for example? I know some Irish went over there, too. Pochettino's town is named after an Irishman.

I live and learn. I knew Italians had emigrated to Argentina, but I am not sure why they chose to go there; why not the USA, for example? I know some Irish went over there, too. Pochettino's town is named after an Irishman.
A lot of the Argentinians fled there following WW2 I believe. So fleeing from Italy to America probably wasn't an option.

Levy will never change, there is absolutely no chance at all of getting business done early, he does it late to try and get bargain buys and more often than not it doesn't work.

Agreed but maybe this time Poch can kick his arse

Excellent interview, I'm sure our ESP boys will read all sorts of shit from it...

What I am reading from that is that Poch wants to win trophies and in order to do so and to keep our best players, he needs investment in the football side of things.

Levy is saying all the right things to Poch but his actions aren't backing up his words.

What I am reading from that is that Poch wants to win trophies and in order to do so and to keep our best players, he needs investment in the football side of things.

Levy is saying all the right things to Poch but his actions aren't backing up his words.
Talk is cheap.... So is Dan...

Back
Top Bottom