Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fatigue thing I agree is over done and that is a criticism of poch that he's not integrated the squad as well as he could, often until it's too late. Injuries though are a factor and any other 'successful' manager would point to those.
Injuries are often a direct result of fatigue. Therefore, you could say Poch should carry some responsibility for the amount of injuries we're picking up

I'm a fan of his but just wish he would keep his trap shut to be honest. These double entendre quotes he keeps throwing out just gets the fan base bickering about what he actually means, it's getting fucking tiresome.

I'm not getting anything in a twist. I just find it strange that anyone, regardless of how you interpret that, can be so convinced that their interpretation is 100% correct.

And I've seen the interview already, but thanks for giving me a link to something I could've just googled

OK ...... If you've seen the interview and come to the conclusion that Poch is going to hand his resignation IF we win the Champions league and bugger back Argentina then fair enough.

We all interpret things differently and to me it's clear he's joking and making light of what is a pressure situation.

And I gave you the link because you wouldn't believe how many times I've read...... "So If Woolwich win Europa.... we lose our champions league spot........"

OK ...... If you've seen the interview and come to the conclusion that Poch is going to hand his resignation IF we win the Champions league and bugger back Argentina then fair enough.

We all interpret things differently and to me it's clear he's joking and making light of what is a pressure situation.

And I gave you the link because you wouldn't believe how many times I've read...... "So If Woolwich win Europa.... we lose our champions league spot........"
Firstly, I didn't say that's the conclusion I came to, I commented that it was amusing that anybody could come to either conclusion and be so convinced that they've definitely interpreted Poch's comments 100% in the way he intended. Read my post before you respond to something I didn't even say, dickhead.

Secondly, just because others are ill informed, doesn't mean I am. I'm well aware of how CL qualification works, I'm aware Jansen isn't named in our CL squad, and likely any of the other stupid shit that gets asked time and time again.

Firstly, I didn't say that's the conclusion I came to, I commented that it was amusing that anybody could come to either conclusion and be so convinced that they've definitely interpreted Poch's comments 100% in the way he intended. Read my post before you respond to something I didn't even say, dickhead.

Secondly, just because others are ill informed, doesn't mean I am. I'm well aware of how CL qualification works, I'm aware Jansen isn't named in our CL squad, and likely any of the other stupid shit that gets asked time and time again.
Yeah - like I said before - don't get your knickers in a twist.

And name calling? What are you 12?

:adethumbup:

Hmmm,

10 hours away from possibly securing at CL final spot, and we are bickering between ourselves as to what Poch meant / said / intended.

Being a Poch thread, thats all well and good.

Bottom line, with all the debate re transfer windows, injuries, player selections, as so forth, he is the main reason we are even chatting on this thread today.

We could well have been out the door in the group stages, but we are hours away from possibly a CL final.

Enjoy the ride I say... They don't come around too often.

It's got to be something - we just haven't seen an outstanding performance at all this season..... We've had llanty of good "results" but I'm struggling to think of a game where I went away thinking we could beat anyone on our day - Huddersfield? Really scraping here.

Whatever you think - you can't not give the Liverpool team credit for last night - without Salah and Firminho.

We shall see what our players do tonight - I'm only fearful as they seem to have been playing within themselves for pretty much a 3rd of the season.

As has been said to death - if you can't get yourself gee'd up for a Champions league semi final........

How about 6-2 at Everton?

I can’t recall them conceding six at home in recent times and as I recall it could have been more

It was outstanding not just ‘good ‘

Or 3-1 against the Chavs?
Giroud getting a consolation goal in the last few minutes after virtually total domination by us!!

I agree with NW1 in that Poch must be fed up with repeating himself at press conferences which he doesn’t particularly like anyway

I also think Levy will give Poch a war chest if you like this Summer and I hope we get business done early

Now let’s enjoy our CL semi
FFS

Last edited:
We've wanted longevity in a manager, to be considered a top team, to be consistently competing for as long as I e been a fan. Add to that the quality of football - apart from spells this and last season - we've had that too.
Now some people that endured the decade long shit shows are moaning.
Moaning about a season where we are close to 4th and a cl semi despite (you can't discount these factors) playing the majority or or games in away or new stadiums and no new players - seems a bit extreme. The fatigue thing I agree is over done and that is a criticism of poch that he's not integrated the squad as well as he could, often until it's too late. Injuries though are a factor and any other 'successful' manager would point to those.

Nailed it

How about 6-2 at Everton?

I can’t recall them conceding six at home in recent times and as I recall it could have been more

It was outstanding not just ‘good ‘

Or 3-1 against the Chavs?
Giroud getting a consolation goal in the last few minutes after virtually total domination by us!!

I agree with NW1 in that Poch must be fed up with repeating himself at press conferences which he doesn’t particularly like anyway

I also think Levy will give Poch a war chest if you like this Summer and I hope we get business done early

Now let’s enjoy our CL semi
FFS
Levy will never change, there is absolutely no chance at all of getting business done early, he does it late to try and get bargain buys and more often than not it doesn't work.

When he was going on about it being a miracle if we won the Champions League and that it would take another miracle to win it again, he said it with an "I've done all I can with what I've got" look on his face. He looked genuinely fucked off/deflated. Although I feel as though he should have kept a lid on that until the season is over, certainly not the day before a semi-final. It doesn't matter what he actually meant, people are going to interpret what he said and how he said it in their own ways - I'm now concerned that some of the players might be thinking about his future and not on beating Ajax.

He probably sees it that he has coached the team to the highest level he can and the only way to improve further is to buy new players. If Levy isn't prepared to back him in the window, then why would he want to stay? There are a fuck load of big clubs that would chew a nut off to have him as their manager. Many of them would virtually hand him a blank cheque and tell him to go nuts.

This summer is going to be crucial. If Levy doesn't back Poch or at least meet him halfway then I can see him walking as soon as a suitable offer comes along. He has done everything and more of what Levy has asked him over the past 5 years. He's an ambitious manager - if he doesn't feel Levy shares his ambition then he'll leave. Simple as that.
This was my take on it as well. He has been majorly deflated for the majority of this season as you can tell it really grates on him when teams are able to out football and out press his, as Ajax were at times last week.

He's right in what he's insinuating, getting this team to a Champions League Final in the state it's in would be a miracle, actually winning it would be just off the scale.

Buf ffs Poch man, the time to be saying these things is hardly the Press conference before the semi final?? What are the players going to think reading them quotes, essentially saying 'in reality we shouldn't have a hope here'? I just hope that he is sending a very different message to the players. Air those grievances at the end of the season, in fact I'd welcome them then but saying them esterday was a big error in judgement them IMO.

I didn't like what he said. But if he wins CL then fair fucking play, he can do whatever he wants

Except leave.
No way Levy will allow that to happen while he's under contract, Poch is playing games, with the media and the board. This is his way of getting some towards getting a bigger and longer contract and more of a say.

Except leave.
No way Levy will allow that to happen while he's under contract, Poch is playing games, with the media and the board. This is his way of getting some towards getting a bigger and longer contract and more of a say.
He is in close relationship with Levy. No need for the press to be involved.

He is in close relationship with Levy. No need for the press to be involved.
But yet he always involves the press despite his close relationship, there is a reason for that. The reason is Levy doesn't listen to him, so he feels the need to speak out.

But yet he always involves the press despite his close relationship, there is a reason for that. The reason is Levy doesn't listen to him, so he feels the need to speak out.
It affects the players and on the pitch results. Speaking out will not help or change Levy's stance and he should know that. Still can not see the point. May be he likes the attention from the media.

Back
Top Bottom