We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm a Leicester fan who posts here occasionally, and over the past 3 years I've often winced when other fans come onto this forum. As you seem like a decent chap and I like the dutch, here's a couple of hints if you want to stay.

1. Remember whose forum it is, and that nobody invited you onto it. Should you survive the initial onslaught you can find yourself having a perfectly friendly exchange with posters who are ripping your club apart in the post below. Which is entirely reasonable as it's their place to say whatever they like. You just have to let it go.

2. Don't assume this is like other forums. The members are extremely aggressive, and relish an argument (or cunt-off, as it's known). They particularly like someone new to argue with as for a brief period it gives them the chance to pause their arguments with each other. "I come in peace" won't get you very far, quite the reverse. They don't care if you come in peace, or in anger, or at all.

3. The general rule is that they all hate every other club, everyone who plays for every other club, and everyone who supports every other club. I think this comes from the rather surprising fact that every other big club in London hates them more than each other, and this has given them a "get the first punch in" mentality.

4. Knowing when to fuck off is very important. It's unlikely they will want to exchange pleasantries with other fans when they've just been beaten by West Ham, for example. At these times they really want to abuse each other as horribly as possible. I still remember Joe Clash giving me this advice on one occasion and have looked back on this several times and wondered at how polite he was, given that I've never known anyone who has managed to find so many unique ways to tell someone to fuck off.

5. Don't get involved in a feud. These guys are top-level feuders, who would make the McCoys and Hatfields look like amateurs.

However.....if you do manage to stay the course, I would say without hesitation that this is the best football forum out there. The majority of posters are bright, self-aware, and can be blindingly funny. Extreme views are welcomed, but intelligent ones are better received. I don't post on any other forums, and not much on here, but I read it frequently because it's engaging and never fails to make me laugh. Despite the aggression, and the jaw-droppingly awful things that are said at times, I've seem members of this forum help each other through some terribly times with enormous humanity and sensitivity. The one (I think) regular female member (the delightful Mrs Perryman) is treated with huge respect but never condescended to. And most of them know their football and are happy to engage once they trust that you're not here to take the piss or waste their time.

So, if you want to stick around and have a decent exchange of views, follow the advice above and that's what you'll get, eventually (!). But trust me, it's worth it.

The fucking hell do you you think you are then eh? Oh I get your sort, you're just a fucking tosser who has nothing better to do but to lick some cock cheese. The fuck! Coming onto our forum and telling us we're like this, that and the other. You ain't got a fucking clue you dippy cunt! Now fucking fuck off back to Leicester with the rest of the fucking inbreds.

Dear Marge,
My 'friend's son (Liverpool fan living in London) just asked if I my friend wanted to go to Madrid with him for the final as he's just booking flights. Tonight. Before our game tomorrow. Would it be ok for me my friend to say yes and go with him?
Asking for a friend.
Thanks

:levyeyes:
DearEd,
Your friend should disown your his son, if he supports such a shit team. And you he should hang his your head in shame for allowing it.
Marge.

Winning the competition just got a hell of a lot harder tonight-fair play to them n all but I am livid they got to the final again after that first leg.
We can do it tomorrow no doubt, with a lot of balls, luck and improved finishing

Holy shit. It’s 1 fucking goal. We were always going to have to score an away goal. It’s not the same as a 3 goal deficit.

You guys are acting like we are Barca or something. Pool didn’t beat us, we’re still in it and tantalizingly close to lifting the trophy. Their game is meaningless. Get a couple tomorrow and we’ll deal with them in Spain. Coys!

The best part about all of this is that, if we do make it to the final and win it will be met with misery by the media and everyone involved because their darling Liverpool didn't win it.

Will probably be the most depressed the media have ever been in this country watching an English side winning it.

Fuck them, let's get to the final and do 'em.

That's so true, we'll be scoring the late winner and the commentators will be sad and upset. It's crazy but true. Fuck em though, I am happy with everyone hating us. Cunts.

vLF9Tw0.png

It's in dark blue & white.

Winning the competition just got a hell of a lot harder tonight-fair play to them n all but I am livid they got to the final again after that first leg.
We can do it tomorrow no doubt, with a lot of balls, luck and improved finishing

That's a no then.

I tell you Klopp could have put on 10 youngsters and they would have won.

Origi comes in and scores 2, Henderson looks fcuked but goes on to play a blinder, Robertson goes off and the sub scores 2.

It's like Klopp has the Midas touch or is using all his good fortune up in the one season.

I am not made up for anything Liverpool because anything good for them is not good for us.

Will the announcers even acknowledge the game is happening or just talk about Liverpool the whole time?

Forget about it. We are insignificant, irrelevant, not worth the time of day

I don't get the media love for Liverpool as much as I don't get the media disdain for Spurs

Back
Top Bottom