We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela is on the plane, like this move.
Son and him will be the ones to nail this for us. Him as a super sub
Seems an unpopular opinion by the majority but i really don't rate Lamela. His work rate is good but he's a guaranteed yellow card waiting to happen and massively lacks end product. (Hope i'm proved wrong tomorrow btw)

Lamela's stock has grown just by being injured in this shitty run. There in lies my issue with him - he's always getting injured and you're lucky if you can get 5 consecutive games out of him. We are coming to the end of his 6th season now and yet to prove anything really. If a willing buyer comes forward in the summer we should cut our losses and move him on.

So if we were to make the final, what happens after Sunday?

Would we try to play some sort of friendly in the interim to stay sharp? Would the England players in the squad be available for the Nations League semifinal 5 days after the CL final?

Bellen v PSV ?
Sorry mate i should have elaborated. It was Tottenham v PSV in a friendly in a gaff called Beilen. It was our first European trip since Feyenoord in 74 so thousands of Spurs went out there. Amsterdam city centre was shall we say a tad lively. Fans on the pitch at the game itself and the TV reported the goings on.

Sorry mate i should have elaborated. It was Tottenham v PSV in a friendly in a gaff called Beilen. It was our first European trip since Feyenoord in 74 so thousands of Spurs went out there. Amsterdam city centre was shall we say a tad lively. Fans on the pitch at the game itself and the TV reported the goings on.

It is said that we were the first to export the so called “ English disease “ but I wouldn’t know as I’m a tad younger than you!

Of course you are welcome
You have 1-0 tight lead
If we play to our capacity we will blow you away like a feather
You are in an inferior league
Your home form in the CL knock outs is very poor and will carry on tomorrow night
Your team will be dismantled in the summer so enjoy while you can
Spurs will make the final, you won't
Your supporters wearing black in Tottenham High St were a disgust

And people call Ajax supporters arrogant.. How you can be so arrogant by supporting a club that never wins anything is beyond me. Spurs should show more respect to ajax, also due to the fact that almost half of your starting eleven has been developed by Ajax. Before this tie, I had sympathy for Spurs, even went to White Heart Lane once during the time Bale, Modric, Crouch, VdV played there. But the attitude of many Spurs fans, not showing respect voor Ajax has taken away any sympathy I had. Tomorrow all you big mouthed fools will experience the same thing that the Juve and Madrid supporters experienced

Bringing it back too football when their's beaver gifs to be posted
giphy.gif
🤗

Lamela's stock has grown just by being injured in this shitty run. There in lies my issue with him - he's always getting injured and you're lucky if you can get 5 consecutive games out of him. We are coming to the end of his 6th season now and yet to prove anything really. If a willing buyer comes forward in the summer we should cut our losses and move him on.
I agree but what better way for him to say goodbye than putting in one of his tenacious feisty performances that helps us to a CL final?

Yes he is a guaranteed yellow but he hasn’t been stupid enough to get a red (not yet anyway).

I would start him for this match, too many players have been too poor for us in recent weeks.

People might not like this opinion but I would drop Dele/Moura for him. He presses with much more aggression than either of them at the moment.

And people call Ajax supporters arrogant.. How you can be so arrogant by supporting a club that never wins anything is beyond me. Spurs should show more respect to ajax, also due to the fact that almost half of your starting eleven has been developed by Ajax. Before this tie, I had sympathy for Spurs, even went to White Heart Lane once during the time Bale, Modric, Crouch, VdV played there. But the attitude of many Spurs fans, not showing respect voor Ajax has taken away any sympathy I had. Tomorrow all you big mouthed fools will experience the same thing that the Juve and Madrid supporters experienced

You'll go far on here

There is no arrogance, please read again carefully:
1-0 is a tight lead. IT IS. It is not 3-0 or even 2-0 ffs.
If we play to our potential we will beat you blow you like feather,.
You are in an inferior league, You are compared to EPL
Your home form in the CL knock outs is very poor and will carry on tomorrow night.
Your team will be dismantled in the summer so enjoy while you can. Most players will leave, fact.
Spurs will make the final, you won't. Do you want me to say we will lose ! Nuts
Your supporters wearing black in Tottenham High St were a disgust. They were I was there I saw them and not saying more.

WHICH PART IS ARROGANCE???

PS, I do not use Disagree button because I have balls.

It is said that we were the first to export the so called “ English disease “ but I wouldn’t know as I’m a tad younger than you!
Most people are a tad younger than me indeed (apart from Shaker and NN ha ha). Yes the Feyenoord game in 74 was the first outbreak of football violence from English fans abroad. Leeds did similar in Paris a year later.

I jolly well hope not, old bean! What a sympathetic 1st post on the forum. I suppose you're planning to become a permanent fixture? :)

I agree but what better way for him to say goodbye than putting in one of his tenacious feisty performances that helps us to a CL final?

Yes he is a guaranteed yellow but he hasn’t been stupid enough to get a red (not yet anyway).

I would start him for this match, too many players have been too poor for us in recent weeks.

People might not like this opinion but I would drop Dele/Moura for him. He presses with much more aggression than either of them at the moment.
Hope so mate. I must say I'm also not a Lamela hater by any means and he certainly does have his uses but he just frustrates me massively. And take your point on Dele. He has been gliding through games recently.

Tottenham are going to make you cry like a baby. Thanks.

We'd win plenty if we played in a Micky Mouse league.

th

Back
Top Bottom