The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think of it more literally, not when looking back over the course of a season.

Trying to win a game when you've got only 9 men on the pitch, all visibly drained might be a better example. I've watched at least 5 teams this season come and park the bus for a point. When did you last see Spurs do that?

Yes, the 9 men deserve a lot of praise for guts. It would have been easy for us to cave in and lose by 3 or 4 goals and next week would still be a concern. . See how Woolwich capitulated when they went down to 10 against Leicester. If it had been 9 then they would have lost by 5 or 6.

Leicester will lose a few players this summer - Wolves will need to completely change their style of play to finish any higher.

Not sure about that. Their record versus top 6 sides is pretty good. But against the bottom half of the table it's not do good.

So I think if they are in EL they need a slightly larger squad, and bring in a couple of players who are less gung ho against bottom of table sides.

Surely Wolves will get cherry picked anyway? All part of the Mendes plan innit.

As I understand it Mendes has a part ownership of Wolves so might be in his interest to get Wolves established as a top 6 then top 4 side so won't move players on for a couple of years - although for the right offer he'll move on one or two but bring other prospects in

As I understand it Mendes has a part ownership of Wolves so might be in his interest to get Wolves established as a top 6 then top 4 side so won't move players on for a couple of years - although for the right offer he'll move on one or two but bring other prospects in

Didn't know that part... Thought it was just a 'scratch each others back' arrangement.....

Not sure about that. Their record versus top 6 sides is pretty good. But against the bottom half of the table it's not do good.

So I think if they are in EL they need a slightly larger squad, and bring in a couple of players who are less gung ho against bottom of table sides.

Completely my point, they play well on the counter - even more of the lower teams will be defensive against them next season, even some of the bigger teams will take a point away and not attack.

They have to completely change their style of play to progress.

Relieved to get top 4 and totally unexpected given our form. That said, I still want to beat Everton and chavs slip up. I’ve had a couple of texts from Chelsea fans saying “it’s happened again “ and all the same bollocks so to turn that round would be great.
London’s top club last season and would be great to have that title again.
Fuck London, were aiming for the whole of Europe.

Thanks Spurs, you know I had Angina earlier in the year? That fucking stress over the last few matches, well I wouldn't be surprised if my stent has burst.

Yesterday evening I avoided the Goons game once I knew it was 1-0. On a train out of curiosity and with 3 mins to go I logged onto Beeb website and almost had a heart attack there and then. A minute later we go through the longest tunnel in Kent and my other half asking with an odd look on her face am I alright? Out of the tunnel can't refresh Beeb, desperately text a mate. Can't breathe for 30 secs, he replies from an Amsterdam pub full of Ajax 1-1.

Yes dear, just had a funny turn. That tuna sandwich maybe.

:kanegoal::lamelaaghh::pochshock:

I always try to avoid checking on Woolwich’s score until after the match they are in ends. I don’t believe in magical thinking BUT over the years there have been so many times when I tune in to enjoy them drop points only for them to score within seconds. Makes me sick.

If there is 1 good thing to come out of our appalling league form since Burnley away it's that hopefully now Levy has had the mother of all wake up calls. Not getting CL qualification would have been disastrous, especially this season of all seasons what with the stadium build. IMO we've dodged a massive bullet and got lucky due to the ineptitude of those challenging us.

We need some serious signings. Not just youngsters like Sessegnon, Grealish, Bowen etc but players who are coming into their peak who have performed well over 2/3 seasons either here or in Europe. We have all the pieces in place to make that happen now including, barring something catastrophic, CL football. This is a great chance to try and take another step. Please don't fuck it up!

If there is 1 good thing to come out of our appalling league form since Burnley away it's that hopefully now Levy has had the mother of all wake up calls. Not getting CL qualification would have been disastrous, especially this season of all seasons what with the stadium build. IMO we've dodged a massive bullet and got lucky due to the ineptitude of those challenging us.

We need some serious signings. Not just youngsters like Sessegnon, Grealish, Bowen etc but players who are coming into their peak who have performed well over 2/3 seasons either here or in Europe. We have all the pieces in place to make that happen now including, barring something catastrophic, CL football. This is a great chance to try and take another step. Please don't fuck it up!
Don't think it will resonate with levy he will still carry on as he always has

I always try to avoid checking on Woolwich’s score until after the match they are in ends. I don’t believe in magical thinking BUT over the years there have been so many times when I tune in to enjoy them drop points only for them to score within seconds. Makes me sick.
Same.

Back
Top Bottom