Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We now have the best Stadium in the UK, state of the art training facilities, one of the best Managers and coaching staff’s in the League, a team that is becoming a regular Champions League outfit (fingers crossed) and several young players on the verge of breaking through

Now is the time to build on this and I look to Levy to act in the summer and strengthen this squad

I hope that Daniel & Poch's relationship is better than some posters are making it out to be - reading through the last few pages, anyone would think that they are at loggerheads, when in reality they probably have the closest relationship between manager and chairman.
I don't think either of them are perfect, and mistakes have been made along the way, but they are perfect for us, IMO.
I don't believe spending money just for the sake of it is going to solve our problems, nearly every transfer is a risk, so I can understand why we haven't splashed the cash.
If we can hold onto 3rd/4th place, and even if we don't get to the final, it will still be a successful season, considering all the setbacks we have had to deal with.

Apparently they first met at Daniel Levy’s house in the afternoon and he answered the door in his pyjamas!!
Probably stroked a white cat on his lap while Poch discussed his salary

Not a euphemism Jonyboy

Welcome back, Spursdem.

Credit to Levy for the venue. But I think Poch and team deserve the credit for getting to the semi.

Kind of backs up my earlier post. It's a shame more supporters don't show as much support for the hand-tied Poch and his dwindling band of fighters as they do for Levy and the owners.
Some of us show support for the club in it's entirety.

Welcome back, Spursdem.

Credit to Levy for the venue. But I think Poch and team deserve the credit for getting to the semi.

Kind of backs up my earlier post. It's a shame more supporters don't show as much support for the hand-tied Poch and his dwindling band of fighters as they do for Levy and the owners.
Agreed. Of course Levy deserves credit for delivering the stadium, as every single Spurs fan(I would hope) would give him. But the reason we are in a Champions League semi final and the reason we have seen an overall massive improvement in the football side of our club during the last 4 years is down to Mauricio Pochettino, not Daniel Levy and ENIC.

Agreed. Of course Levy deserves credit for delivering the stadium, as every single Spurs fan(I would hope) would give him. But the reason we are in a Champions League semi final and the reason we have seen an overall massive improvement in the football side of our club during the last 4 years is down to Mauricio Pochettino, not Daniel Levy and ENIC.

You could say is was Levy who brought in Poch and likely fended off other clubs interest in him. o_O

Who hired Mauricio Pochettino?

They have a partnership. Pochettino says it himself.

I don't understand why if Pochettino can tell you outrightly the benefits our Chairman brings the club that you can't either?

Our improvement is due to a number of factors.

Last edited:

Why does everything have to be so fucking black and white. The reason we are in the CL semi final and have seen an improvement football wise is a combination of both. Now, it will only improve if Levy spends this summer (won't hold my breath), but to not give Levy/Enic any credibility for our transformation from 90's shithouses, is ridiculous, imo.

Poch obviously should get a lot of praise, too!

Who hired Mauricio Pochettino?

They have a partnership. Pochettino says it himself.

I don't understand why if Pochettino can tell you outrightly the benefits out Chairman brings the club that you can't either?

Our improvement is due to a number of factors.

Levy deserves credit for many things but this season's run to the CL semi and probable top 4 finish isn't something he should credited for imo.

Let's be honest... the club did the right thing selling dembele because he is too injury prone. BUT they also did the right thing not getting anyone in before or after we sold him because how were they to know he was injury prone & had lots of injuries previously.
That's my defence & I'm sticking with it!

You could say is was Levy who brought in Poch and likely fended off other clubs interest in him. o_O
Indeed'in you could. However Levy had been bringing in managers for over a decade before he finally came across Pochettino. He hasn't backed Pochettino any differently to how he backed any manager before him, yet look at the way the club has moved forward in the last number of years?

Why does everything have to be so fucking black and white. The reason we are in the CL semi final and have seen an improvement football wise is a combination of both. Now, it will only improve if Levy spends this summer (won't hold my breath), but to not give Levy/Enic any credibility for our transformation from 90's shithouses, is ridiculous, imo.

Poch obviously should get a lot of praise, too!
I'm not stripping them of any credit for bringing us from the doldrums of the 90's, no way. They deserve huge credit for that. They stabilised the club and brought us back to being a somewhat respectable Premier League team again.
But if we're talking about the jump from being 5th/6th place finishers to Challenging for the League and Champions League regulars, I'm sorry but 90% of the credit for that has to go to Poch.

I'm not stripping them of any credit for bringing us from the doldrums of the 90's, no way. They deserve huge credit for that. They stabilised the club and brought us back to being a somewhat respectable Premier League team again.
But if we're talking about the jump from being 5th/6th place finishers to Challenging for the League and Champions League regulars, I'm sorry but 90% of the credit for that has to go to Poch.

We'll agree at 80% credit to Poch

:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom