Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100% agree we're not out of it.

But you have to factor in injuries, failing to do so is ignoring a major, predictable risk.

I'm writing about risk management on a national level at the minute Applying it to Spurs, we failed in this regard. That's how any company would see it, and we're always told that football is a business...

Yes agree. But would you factor injuries to every player in a certain position? You can't have endless depth.

I don't disagree that we should have done business. We definitely should have replaced Dembele but it isn't that easy. I'd rather they didn't panic buy and hopefully they'll get class in the summer.

We've been incredibly unlucky with our injuries. I can't remember a worse season for it. It's been freaky.

Gullit and Dessaily on Bein say they have never seen an average, technically inferior midfield incapable of stringing few passes together at this level than Tottenhams.

Gullit giggles and continue to mention how can a PL club with so much resources ends up fielding a player of Wanyama's calibre at this stage of this competition?

Both believe this game is done and dusted.

I feel that is pretty unjust the treatment towards Llorente, he was one of our better players today.
He was okay and we needed him to be very good. My main gripe is his passes were generally crap. But my expectations for him are lower. There are certainly others who deserve far more criticism. Here's looking at you Eriksen and Alli. And Trippier, shockingly bad.

Fuck off you maggot

Not even trying to pretend now

Arc had you sussed from day one

Scum
Speaking of maggots, how's your tiny dick these days? Still wrinkly? (this is where you reply 'fuck off you maggot' again, in that imaginative and endearing way you have after half a shandy).

Say it

Go on
Say it

We looked a better team with Sissoko on

With Sissoko on we looked a better team

I know we tweeked the formation but he was awesome

Awesome he was

We absolutely did Bazzer, but I think we'd have looked better with Skipp on instead of three fucking centre backs.

He wasn't awesome, he needs to show more and point less, but he was as good anyone out there second half, how's that?

That could have ended a lot worse. Positives to take from the second half, and with Son to come back it’s far from over. Alli and Eriksen really need to step up. Very poor today.
Agree. Thought Sisokko was immense. Sadly another big match where our two supposed creative players have delivered nothing.

Still it's only half time, we are still in it.

Still 90 minutes left to play in the tie. Fuck me if you think we can’t score at Ajax.
I dont think we can score at hackney marshes in our current state mate
Don't think their keeper had a single save to make tonight , same for fabianski on saturday

Gullit and Dessaily on Bein say they have never seen an average, technically inferior midfield incapable of stringing few passes together at this level than Tottenhams.

Gullit giggles and continue to mention how can a PL club with so much resources ends up fielding a player of Wanyama's calibre at this stage of this competition?

Both believe this game is done and dusted.
Have you cleaned yourself up after that

We absolutely did Bazzer, but I think we'd have looked better with Skipp on instead of three fucking centre backs.

He wasn't awesome, he needs to show more and point less, but he was as good anyone out there second half, how's that?

Getting there

He was quite clearly our best player when he came on

Agree Blakey?

Back
Top Bottom