Tottenham Vs Huddersfield - 13th April.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm just praying to the gods above that he was just pulled from today as a precaution. Without him on Wednesday we really would be fucked. We'd send him out with one leg if push came to shove I'd say.
I could be completely wrong, but the impression Poch gave in that post-match interview on Sky was that Winks felt a bit of groin strain in the same side that affected him recently, and they didn't want to fuck around with it in this game.

He certainly didn't rule out Winks starting on Wednesday (in addition to Dele who, as we know, will probably be there in the squad with a shiny new cast).

I could be completely wrong, but the impression Poch gave in that post-match interview on Sky was that Winks felt a bit of groin strain in the same side that affected him recently, and they didn't want to fuck around with it in this game.

He certainly didn't rule out Winks starting on Wednesday (in addition to Dele who, as we know, will probably be there in the squad with a shiny new cast).
Didn't see Poch's interview but hope you're right mate.
I feel like if we are to have any spell of control on Wednesday it is imperative Winks is in midfield.

Excellent three matches in a row. We have to brace ourselves for a rough week though - it could be magical but we could just as easily have our arses handed to us twice by Citeh.
:avbfacepalm:

We're definitely in a much better position going into the second leg of the CL quarters than most of us would have thought, and City away in the league is almost a free hit. Really don't want to see melters if they don't go the way we hope.

Lucas has shown that it is still possible to get great bargains in this day and age.

Time to go back into the PSG bargain bins this summer.

gpTdtZse_400x400.jpg

We'll take that Neymar lad off their hands if Mbappe makes him redundant. Already knows Lucas too.
:levystare:

Yeah, Wanyama seems to have made a full recovery from his knee problem.
He did indeed look very mobile today. Happy days.

Yes delighted for Big Vic and we can certainly do with him now

Thought he linked up well with Moussa

Yes delighted for Big Vic and we can certainly do with him now

Thought he linked up well with Moussa
I'm not entirely convinced that Wanyama is back to his old self/will ever be, unfortunately. Would be great to be proven wrong, but I'm still thinking he's gone this summer.

His body language looked somewhat resigned in the post-match Sky interview, despite the great goal he scored for the opener. Could just be me reading too much into it though.

On a positive note, someone on twitter suggested that he's shed some weight, which may be by design to help his mobility/reduce stress on his knees. Could be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom