Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It will be difficult, but it needs doing.... Case closed? Rivetting. : P

Re: Magic Bean theory?

I'm just playfully coining a term for the notion of getting £150m-£250m of recruitment (depending one ones stance) done with a budget of £100m. Point being, sooner or later it has to be addressed for much of the transfer chatter to gather any meaning; other-wise it's all just shades of "I want Messi".

Detailed answer would be Jansen and Llorente will be sold at a loss almost 100% so we should just take the hit and get 20? For them. Wanyama should be sold if he will never be the same but only our medical team know that but it doesn't look good that's what another 15-20million for him. Nkoudou will be off to France for 15? Then Toby and Eriksen will fetch us 100 combined. So that's 130-150 there in sales plus whatever wages saved. But issue will be if we are willing to take the hit in fees on the first 4. We also have the money from the Dembele sale and this year's transfer budget we just didnt spend surely? I don't think 200 million is gonna be to far off what we should have including sales. Issue will be that that's only gonna get us 3 of the 5 players we need if you include wages if that

Assuming we're still talking in context of the any spending boost from the stadium - Cool.... If it's in the pot marked 'players'; spend it! Whilst I condone the cautious financial approach of the club and am proud to not be financially-doped in a way that serves to ruin the game further; I don't have 'transfer-fear' nor an over-riding desire to prove certain parts of the fan-base wrong.
Agreed. I see it more of a wages boost but I've no way of knowing if that's how the club are looking at it. Using the Memphis numbers (and I still think we're being very conservative in our double our match day income estimates, considering the increase in prices, premium members, huge potential increase in concessions and commercial revenue) an extra £30m on wages will make a big difference - wages are still the biggest correlation with league placing after all.

Detailed answer would be Jansen and Llorente will be sold at a loss almost 100% so we should just take the hit and get 20? For them. Wanyama should be sold if he will never be the same but only our medical team know that but it doesn't look good that's what another 15-20million for him. Nkoudou will be off to France for 15?

Wanyama's fucked and GKN is a never-been, yet 30-35m for the pair casually fobbed off to France or maybe Holland or Turkey like their lesser teams literally have money to burn?

Sorry, mate that's fantasy talk..... We had to ship Dembele out to China to even get 10m for him, ffs!

In the spirit of realism, how about:

Vinny: 10m
Wanyama: 5-10m
GKN: 5m
Llorente: Free-5m (just to get the wages of the books)

£20-30m... I think we'd have to consider ourselves damned grateful too!

Then Toby and Eriksen will fetch us 100 combined.

But by selling CE & TA you're vacating a further 2 starting positions on top of whatever weaknesses you've already targeted... That's not consequence free cash like selling deadwood. So you have to take the earlier mooted list of upwards of 3/5 or more players and further add two near-WC talents to your shopping list, you don't stand to be better funded.

So that's 130-150 there in sales plus whatever wages saved. But issue will be if we are willing to take the hit in fees on the first 4. We also have the money from the Dembele sale and this year's transfer budget we just didnt spend surely? I don't think 200 million is gonna be to far off what we should have including sales. Issue will be that that's only gonna get us 3 of the 5 players we need if you include wages if that

Well one can hope you're closer than me in your estimations in terms of incoming players fees cos god only knows how crazy the latest bout of inflation will be.

(I'm sorry, if you feel I've been a ball-buster here, but I'm sure you've seen how many fans are cobbling together big lists that constitute either: a) 'Dregs out/high class in' funding fantasy or b) an equally impractical '10 out, 7 in' gelling nightmare.)

Last edited:
Agreed. I see it more of a wages boost but I've no way of knowing if that's how the club are looking at it. Using the Memphis numbers (and I still think we're being very conservative in our double our match day income estimates, considering the increase in prices, premium members, huge potential increase in concessions and commercial revenue) an extra £30m on wages will make a big difference - wages are still the biggest correlation with league placing after all.

Best way.... An unhealthy amount of self-concocted expectation/dissapointment in our midst.

Hard not to see this last 6 or 7 weeks of the season as anything but very significant to our manager

He risks leaving a legacy that was nearly but not quite.

I don't see Kane hanging around if we are out of the Champion's League and certainly not with a manager who is not given serious transfer backing. Why would he???

And then that said, Pochettino is raising more questions than he is answering.

Full of potent words but overseeing nothing but hot air at present.

Last edited:
Wanyama's fucked and GKN is a never-been, yet 30-35m for the pair casually fobbed off to France or maybe Holland or Turkey like their lesser teams literally have money to burn?

Sorry, mate that's fantasy talk..... We had to ship Dembele out to China to even get 10m for him, ffs!

In the spirit of realism, how about:

Vinny: 10m
Wanyama: 5-10m
GKN: 5m
Llorente: Free-5m (just to get the wages of the books)

£20-30m... I think we'd have to consider ourselves damned grateful too!

But by selling CE & TA you're vacating a further 2 starting positions on top of whatever weaknesses you've already targeted... That's not consequence free cash like selling deadwood. So you have to take the earlier mooted list of upwards of 3/5 or more players and further add two near-WC talents to your shopping list, you don't stand to be better funded.

Well one can hope you're closer than me in your estimations in terms of incoming players fees cos god only knows how crazy the latest bought of inflation will be.

(I'm sorry, if you feel I've been a ball-buster here, but I'm sure you've seen how many fans are cobbling together big lists that constitute either: a) 'Dregs out/high class in' funding fantasy or b) an equally impractical '10 out, 7 in' gelling nightmare.)

Jansen will be the big struggle but GKN, Wanyama and Llorente all have pedigree that will demand money especially is the inflated market. Minimum we should expect from all 4 should be 40million

And no worries mate nothing wrong with disagreeing with somone and debating it out

Jansen will be the big struggle but GKN, Wanyama and Llorente all have pedigree that will demand money especially is the inflated market. Minimum we should expect from all 4 should be 40million

And no worries mate nothing wrong with disagreeing with somone and debating it out
GKN has pedigree?

Detailed answer would be Jansen and Llorente will be sold at a loss almost 100% so we should just take the hit and get 20? For them. Wanyama should be sold if he will never be the same but only our medical team know that but it doesn't look good that's what another 15-20million for him. Nkoudou will be off to France for 15? Then Toby and Eriksen will fetch us 100 combined. So that's 130-150 there in sales plus whatever wages saved. But issue will be if we are willing to take the hit in fees on the first 4. We also have the money from the Dembele sale and this year's transfer budget we just didnt spend surely? I don't think 200 million is gonna be to far off what we should have including sales. Issue will be that that's only gonna get us 3 of the 5 players we need if you include wages if that
Those figures are incredibly generous. Llorente has zero resale value, Wanyama literally cannot run and we couldn't even loan out Janssen last window cause nobody wants him. We may might get 20m for all 3 if we're lucky.

Eriksen is the only one we might get money for and still he's only got one year left so it's not even going to be 80m+. Toby obviously 25m cause of RC.

I'd be shocked if someone paid 15m for GKN but hey stranger things have happened. I bet he goes for 6-7 thought.

The issue really is not or should not be who we sell.

How many days is it now since we bought a player or in truth even hinted at buying a player?

Honestly it's like our scouting system are blind, our budget like a Division one side and our appeal like famine relief.

No game management on or off the pitch as far as I see it.

And I honestly worry about the type of player Pochettino would want to bring in.

Fcuking lamentable.

Dembele gone
Eriksen off
Toby off
Jan off
Hugo for the knackers yard.......

The lack of activity in the recent windows is really going to bite us on the arse. Thats virtually half our first choice starting XI.

Posting this in Poch thread for VERY obvious reasons!!!!

Now he was very clever IMO not to get verbal with them on the pitch after the game and choose to stare them down, you can't get fined or banned for staring at the ref. But he went psycho on the touchlines and at some of the Chelsea players too...
images

images

BBVszfa.img

Those figures are incredibly generous. Llorente has zero resale value, Wanyama literally cannot run and we couldn't even loan out Janssen last window cause nobody wants him. We may might get 20m for all 3 if we're lucky.

Eriksen is the only one we might get money for and still he's only got one year left so it's not even going to be 80m+. Toby obviously 25m cause of RC.

I'd be shocked if someone paid 15m for GKN but hey stranger things have happened. I bet he goes for 6-7 thought.

Maybe so but transfer prices are just insane ATM. And I thought the Jansen thing was he refused to go out on Loan not that nobody wanted him? And Llorente still has some miles in him I reckon especially back in La Liga or Turkey. Wanyama is an issue though let's just hope he can get back to a reasonable level or fitness so we can either sell him or make use of him

And I reckon 60 for Eriksen still if someone wants him this season.

Maybe so but transfer prices are just insane ATM. And I thought the Jansen thing was he refused to go out on Loan not that nobody wanted him? And Llorente still has some miles in him I reckon especially back in La Liga or Turkey. Wanyama is an issue though let's just hope he can get back to a reasonable level or fitness so we can either sell him or make use of him

And I reckon 60 for Eriksen still if someone wants him this season.
I think Llorente is out of contract at the end of this season.

I think Llorente is out of contract at the end of this season.
Llorente is out of contract but with an option for an extra year (according to him). As is Vorm. So two senior players who probably sit on fairly big wages. No idea if Vorm has an option in his deal.

Back
Top Bottom