Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've seen the Sissoko's chance again and I don't think we could blame him much.

Van Dijk closed the passing lane to Son and shooting was the only option for Sissoko, it's a shame that he didn't gt the shot on target but shooting and scoring was never Sissoko's strength.

I'm more pissed off about Rose's cross that was way off that shortly followed, he's an offensive wingback and he IS supposed to do those well.

We can't put losing a game down to one individual error. The whole team is to blame, but he's got to do better there. Van Dijk was able to close down the passing option, because he knew he could let Sissoko shoot. He's got to at least get that one on target, as otherwise the defender will always know to let Sissoko have the ball and can concentrate on blocking off any support runners.

Thought I’d leave it a little while to cool down after yesterday before posting.
Will undoubtedly be an unpopular view, but I’m fucking sick of Hugo at the moment & believe he should be dropped.
His distribution is lacking (& that has always been an issue for me) & I’m still scratching my head at him parrying that header onto Toby’s shin. It was an easy catch. If I’m wrong about that, then surely he should parry it to the side as far as possible away from his goal, not towards the centre of the 6 yard box?
I don’t know what’s happened to him or whether he feels he is unassailable as club & World Cup winning captain, but his brainfarts & poor concentration are pissing me right off.
Hes finished mate, has been for a while. I genuinely think theres more to it and he has issues at home or something tbh.
Just another position that needs strengthening if they're actually serious about winning titles.

We can't put losing a game down to one individual error. The whole team is to blame, but he's got to do better there. Van Dijk was able to close down the passing option, because he knew he could let Sissoko shoot. He's got to at least get that one on target, as otherwise the defender will always know to let Sissoko have the ball and can concentrate on blocking off any support runners.
We can actually and it was Lloris that cost us. The inadequacies of Sissoko are well known and I am sure every single one of you lot were shouting at him to get it to Son somehow but VVD did exactly what he knew was the best option and it worked.
Lloris from being one of the keepers in the discussion for the best 5 or 6 in the world a few years ago to being a shadow of himself and a complete liability has cost us that point yesterday and the shortcomings up top cost us 2 and we have all seen it many times before.

Hes finished mate, has been for a while. I genuinely think theres more to it and he has issues at home or something tbh.
Just another position that needs strengthening if they're actually serious about winning titles.
Trouble is that can we afford a keeper as well probably not levy won't go mad this summer probably only 2/3 will come in so is that enough again probably not but certainly we won't spend big.

Trouble is that can we afford a keeper as well probably not levy won't go mad this summer probably only 2/3 will come in so is that enough again probably not but certainly we won't spend big.
It depends.

If we lose Eriksen and Alderweireld, and with Kane making noises about leaving if the club lacks ambition. I don't think Levy has a choice if he wants to keep players and fans happy.

All proves the January window was a failure

And the even greater failure that was summer 2018. January 2019 wasn't a failure as we shouldn't (barring exceptional circumstances e.g. Kane doing his ACL) be buying them.

Summer is when you do your major transfer business.

Summer 2018 - A missed opportunity of epic proportions.

I've stayed away from telly and internet since the 95th min yesterday so I have calmed down a tad now but I think this team is done in its current form.

Poch talks about mentality constantly, literally all the time yet we have a captain who mentally is the weakest fucking cunt in the team for the last 2 years. Lloris is the oldest most experienced player at the club, has the armband and it is completely undeserved. How is he a leader? And for the apologists who will say he is a WC winner or saved a pen against woolwich (an awful pen I might add) and had a great game at dortmund that doesn't matter when you can do what he did yesterday and has done similar in so many big games esp this season-hes become the leagues Mignolet or Karius. The guy is done, I'd love old hugo to be back but theres something wrong with him.
Dembele and Wanyama being done, I think it will take a major clear out of people like Lloris, Sissoko, Dier, trippier, and the rest of the deadwood on our books we have been trying to shift for a year plus toby and eriksen to get a team that is actually capable of getting over the line in anything. This one is a good team but not good enough and will always fail when it comes down to it.
How we can lose games like yesterday in the manner we did consistently under our best manager with our best team in 30 years is all the proof that is needed-its nothing to do with bad luck or more work to be done etc, half the squad is not good enough to compete for the major titles, its as simple as that.

We now need wolves, everton and leicester to do us a favour in their games against woolwich and pray we hit the ground running at the new place-no top four would be a fucking monumental fuck up for this club right now and after being so comfortable in third.

It's a good post but with obvious contradiction.

We can actually and it was Lloris that cost us. The inadequacies of Sissoko are well known and I am sure every single one of you lot were shouting at him to get it to Son somehow but VVD did exactly what he knew was the best option and it worked.
Lloris from being one of the keepers in the discussion for the best 5 or 6 in the world a few years ago to being a shadow of himself and a complete liability has cost us that point yesterday and the shortcomings up top cost us 2 and we have all seen it many times before.

I disagree. The whole team didn't do enough to get the win. The first goal we conceded was a complete shambles from a defense that wants to be challenging for league titles. You can't give that sort of time and space to a player in League 2, let alone a title challenger in the Premier League. Lloris has to take a look at himself for that mistake and sort his shit out, but I won't be pinning the blame solely on him.

Biggest concern for me alongside Hugo is Sanchez. He has been fucking useless all season long. Our record signing - was it really £42m - and he looks about as assured as Sebastian Bassong. He was at fault several times yesterday, namely when he decided to let a ball bounce over his head to create a 2v1 for Pool in the 2nd half.

I've given him time to settle in but I really fear he is destined for the scrapheap as if anything he's gotten worse since arriving. Much rather have Foyth given minutes at present, at least he is assured on the ball.

True, Rose's fuck up was bigger, but every footballer needs at least a basic ability to put the ball in the net. Sissoko couldn't score in a brothel

Yep but those players of ours who supposedly can didn't.

Anybody berating Sissoko after another excellent performance needs to fcuking take their eyes off an agenda.

Lloris lost us a point and we had amole ooprtunity elsewhere and with other players to have won the game.

Biggest concern for me alongside Hugo is Sanchez. He has been fucking useless all season long. Our record signing - was it really £42m - and he looks about as assured as Sebastian Bassong. He was at fault several times yesterday, namely when he decided to let a ball bounce over his head to create a 2v1 for Pool in the 2nd half.

I've given him time to settle in but I really fear he is destined for the scrapheap as if anything he's gotten worse since arriving. Much rather have Foyth given minutes at present, at least he is assured on the ball.

Sanchez is no issue.

If you have a back line of experience they should offer help not hinder.

This season our most experienced defenders, including the goalkeeper have not been good enough.

Blaming Sanchez is more nonsense.

Van Dijk, Coutinho, Sanchez, Aubameyang, Miktaryan and Moura

Well other than Van Dijk, it proves my point that you don't buy in January!

Of course you've forgotten those other successful January signings: Torres, Carroll, Samba, Cuadrado.

Is that Sanchez. Alexei by the way? If yes, another stellar example of not buying in January!

Sanchez is no issue.

If you have a back line of experience they should offer help not hinder.

This season our most experienced defenders, including the goalkeeper have not been good enough.

Blaming Sanchez is more nonsense.

Remind me of a game in which he's played well. It isn't nonsense though is it.

Vertonghen especially has been immense at times this season. Sanchez on the other hands looks so uncomfortable with the ball at feet, which makes it even more frustrating when our back line piss about with it for minutes at a time.

And the even greater failure that was summer 2018. January 2019 wasn't a failure as we shouldn't (barring exceptional circumstances e.g. Kane doing his ACL) be buying them.

Summer is when you do your major transfer business.

Summer 2018 - A missed opportunity of epic proportions.

Some people think VVD is why Liverpool are top of the league.
He was signed in January.

Just facts....writing “the summer is when you do major business” is just a false statement.

You should do major business when it’s required and if that’s in January then so be it

Well other than Van Dijk, it proves my point that you don't buy in January!

Of course you've forgotten those other successful January signings: Torres, Carroll, Samba, Cuadrado.

Is that Sanchez. Alexei by the way? If yes, another stellar example of not buying in January!
Shall I name every summer signing from every club that failed too?

Or just start with the Spurs ones so you can see how many flaws there are in your argument

Thanks to Sissoko brainlessness, now Van Dyke is being compared to Beckenbauer and Baresi.

Still can't believe how a professional footballer would fail to even hit the target from that position.

I've seen the Sissoko's chance again and I don't think we could blame him much.

Sorry, I can't agree.

He's an experienced 30m pro footballer, who came to us as a winger and a French international, and he can't trouble the goalkeeper? In training they'd have at least an hour a session on shooting drills.

If this was an isolated occurrence there may be an argument. However there are several examples this season of him being clear on goal and putting it into the stands.

Shocking.

That miss and Lloris' mistake may come back to haunt us.

Some people think VVD is why Liverpool are top of the league.
He was signed in January.

Just facts....writing “the summer is when you do major business” is just a false statement.

You should do major business when it’s required and if that’s in January then so be it
Are you just being a sophist on purpose?

Everyone knows exactly what we did wrong but you're using these semantical arguments and focusing on exceptions that prove the rule to argue something you don't even believe.

Everyone knew we needed at least backup at CM which is why we tried to get Grealish et al, unless you're actually being paid by the club to post these things I genuinely don't understand why you're doing it tbh.

Back
Top Bottom