New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They seem to be going out of their way to avoid using the "Tottenham Hotspur Stadium" branding.

Here's guessing the naming rights deal is already done, but the naming partner isn't willing to announce it or pay a dime until there is actually approval to open the damn thing.
It looks like the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is going to be the default name of the stadium in Uefa competitions at any rate....they don't like name sponsors other than whoever sponsors them...

Either way, if this was my level of whelm vis-a-vis a new signing...

then Jack Grealish had me down here...

latest
Hhhmmm. All your bases covered then:
1. Grealish is a shit replacement for Eriksen
2. Grealish is shit even if we keep Eriksen
3. Grealish is shit
4. Recruitment team, therefore, are shit for identifying Grealish
5. Even though we didn't buy Grealish as it was judged that there was a line to be drawn on the value being requested.

Yep, wouldn't be surprised if Tesco bring in restrictions to stop matchday parking. 2 hour limit or something like that.
Actually, they already have.

I used to park there and there was a sign with restrictions about only being a customer of the store slapped on a wall. I risked it as I felt if they ever chose to issue tickets, I thought I had a good case to claim/not pay as the sign was stuck 20ft in the air on the side of the main building and was therefore barely readable.

Parked there for probably 5yrs but in our last season the fuckers put barriers on the entrance/exits and they started to lock them when the store shut. One evening there were about 20 cars all locked in, so some geezer rammed the wooden fence by the bus stop, everyone then drove out through the hole and over the pavement, apart from muggins here who's car was too fucking low to get up and over the curb, I had to use the busted bits of fencing to provide a slope against the curbs.

Am I right in thinking that’s the amount of season tickets? So not really a ballot at that point
Nearly. We have 42k STs and 8k Premium. It isn't quite clear whether the 2k 1882 are classified as "normal", premium, or counted in both - so in total we have 48-50k. In reality a small number probably won't apply, so I think a few thousand will go to members, but theoretically a ST holder could miss out if there's a 90%+ application rate.

Hhhmmm. All your bases covered then:
1. Grealish is a shit replacement for Eriksen
2. Grealish is shit even if we keep Eriksen
3. Grealish is shit
4. Recruitment team, therefore, are shit for identifying Grealish
5. Even though we didn't buy Grealish as it was judged that there was a line to be drawn on the value being requested.
Yeah, pretty much, although I'd rephrase (4) to read Recruitment team are shit for not identifying anyone better than Jack fucking Grealish

I'd also delete (5) as I don't really understand it, I'm too busy to work it out and I don't think it would bring too much to the table if I did.

Problem with that?

Fight?

:tobyarm:

Not often I think the same as Merson however, this is my fear too.
But our new stadium is where the old one was. Woolwich moved from their home to a different stadium up the road. We are going from a temp home which everyone is sick of, I’m sure players have had enough of the lack of atmosphere as well. The new stadium will give everyone a big lift.
Merson is not the brightest, we’d all agree on that.

It will take a couple more years (accounting periods) for it to be made clearer what is owed. My understanding is that what’s quite common in projects on this scale is they get refinanced or remortgaged within the first couple of years of the completion of the build, I’ve seen talk of this likely to happen with this.

Also it’s still worth barring in mind that the £850m - £1b figure banded around is for the entire NDP, costs of which started to accrue a decade ago (Including land acquisition and building of flats at Northumberland St, Brook House, Sainsburys/Tech College, the goods yard on WHL along with approx 20 other properties away from the main sight), what’s significant with this is that a year into the build (whilst we were still at the Lane) we were debt free! I’ve no idea how much we had spent to get that far but including legal fees it surely in the realms of £100m-£200m.?? (Not to mention that almost certainly the legal fees of the Stratford bid would also be in their too!).

Where we are with the NDP is only 3/4 complete too, with a Hotel, Sports Centre, an 3(?) blocks of flats still to be built around the South Stand, I’m assuming for now these are included in the £1b estimate.
There was a statement by the club on 26 Oct last year. Details are on the OS.
It was unusual in that it stated turnover and profits for 17-18 when these usually come out in 2019.
One or two papers made the point that it was good news early because the next set wouldn’t be very good due to extra Wembley and new ground costs.
It stated that the 3 banks had extended the borrowing requirement up to £637m and our net debt was 366m.
No doubt it’s a complicated business. Would this extra money be tiding us over for a few years till we can build the hotel and flats and get the debt down. Who knows?
On the face of it we’ve got a lot of debt, no doubt Daniel knows what he’s doing.

Probably you and most green-eyed non-Spurs fans ... the stadium will pay off over the next fifty years, it's the biggest investment our club has ever seen. What happens on the pitch going forward will only happen BECAUSE we now have a stadium to compete with the best ... it's really not that hard to understand.
Not spurs fan LMAO...really that's your go to when someone does not just tow the levy line of believe everything I tell you. Hilarious.. paying off the stadium for a big premier league club is easy, any lender would be happy to lend a shit load of money to something that makes hundreds of millions and is consistently improving its revenue every year..its easy money. I'm green eyed to succesfull and ambitious clubs not ones that have bigger stadiums than us..so you just want a new stadium and not to bother too much about the actual reason for going there, to support a football team and try to win trophies..or are you more interested in the excellent concrete and shiny new corporate ?

It's just you...you do realise that not being able to play on our own fucking pitch might be one of our problems...maybe we should just forget about stadiums and just book a pitch on Hackney Marshes for each game...
No mate I realise we need our home back...but anyone who thinks this stadium will fix everything are deluded. We will still be in this same situation just in a fuck off big and lovely stadium. Levy is playing us all for mugs. He is never and has never been held accountable for his actions, which by the way include being in charge of a complete balls up of a stadium build that anyone who knows anything knew it could not be done in the timeframe he said.. I expect the builders even told him so but he's so arrogant that he just said well I will get it done, like he was poring concrete and had any clue about construction.....

Not spurs fan LMAO...really that's your go to when someone does not just tow the levy line of believe everything I tell you. Hilarious.. paying off the stadium for a big premier league club is easy, any lender would be happy to lend a shit load of money to something that makes hundreds of millions and is consistently improving its revenue every year..its easy money. I'm green eyed to succesfull and ambitious clubs not ones that have bigger stadiums than us..so you just want a new stadium and not to bother too much about the actual reason for going there, to support a football team and try to win trophies..or are you more interested in the excellent concrete and shiny new corporate ?

If paying off a big stadium build/ debt is easy, why did Woolwich sell 22 of their players off to bigger clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City etc??

I find it astounding that people disregard a debt rumoured to be £1bn as if it were a £100 Capital One Credit card.

The debt needs to get paid off ASAP whilst trying to stay as competitive as possible. The juggling we need to do is different to any other club and supporters simply need to accept that or keep moaning about something that won't be changing any time soon. The sooner that's paid off, the quicker we reap the rewards of a bigger stadiums income and the sooner we get to be serious players when it comes to trophies not just chancers because we got lucky assembling a decent team

Actually, they already have.

I used to park there and there was a sign with restrictions about only being a customer of the store slapped on a wall. I risked it as I felt if they ever chose to issue tickets, I thought I had a good case to claim/not pay as the sign was stuck 20ft in the air on the side of the main building and was therefore barely readable.

Parked there for probably 5yrs but in our last season the fuckers put barriers on the entrance/exits and they started to lock them when the store shut. One evening there were about 20 cars all locked in, so some geezer rammed the wooden fence by the bus stop, everyone then drove out through the hole and over the pavement, apart from muggins here who's car was too fucking low to get up and over the curb, I had to use the busted bits of fencing to provide a slope against the curbs.

Blatant I have an Italian supercar post.

:allitongue:

Back
Top Bottom