Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Money will undoubtedly end any chance of the guy ever returning to Spurs....But if for some reason money wasn’t an issue then it’s a no brainer to bring him back.....what a fucking sub to have on the bench.
:dierno:

Incredible really considering he's not had a better season since or before that particular year with AVB.

But won loads.

Any player in a team with Ronaldo in for most of that time would have played second fiddle to the maestro.

I think Bale has matured and is quality but he is injury prone and that would make his purchase, if it were even an option a high risk one.

If we lose Eriksen, have a need to replace Dembele and cover a clearly struggling Wanyama, we need players who play.

What I would say is that Moura and Lamela offer less than Bale would in the games they play. Both disappoint too often.

Last edited:
As others have said, if we can get past the Salary issues, then hell yeh, we should have him back. Get our physios take a look at him and get him on an individual fitness and training regime to work around his injury problems. Perhaps even pick and choose the games he plays, it could work out.

As many have said I can't see this happening based on the wages he is currently on. I wouldn't mind him back, I really wouldn't, if he came in with the right mentality and humility to learn from Mauricio and his staff then he could be the world class ingredient we need for a genuine title push. I loved Bale's time at this club and the romantic in me would love to see him return, is it realistic? Nope

Us paying £62million for a 30 year old injury prone ex-player?

That's the day Levy on his unicorn races Lord Lucan on his T-Rex round the streets of Atlantis.

Those Defoe comments are shocking.

I'm grateful for what bale did but if we're going to throw a load of money at someone I'd much rather it be Sancho and I think we have a chance too. In London, hopefully in the champions League , new stadium . Offer 70 million plus Lucas

I know I'm dreaming

No. As Defoe alluded to, he thought he was bigger than the club.

Also, he is a permanent crock.

He will obviously give flashes of brilliance, but he will only get worse from here and will be our top earner.

Avoid.

Isco, on the other hand...

Bale has only averaged 25 games a season for Spurs & RM over the last 12 years.

Is that worth the £500k a week (or is it £600K?) he is said to be demanding?

I think i am a 'pass'. I'd rather have Modric.

Bale has only averaged 25 games a season for Spurs & RM over the last 12 years.

Is that worth the £500k a week (or is it £600K?) he is said to be demanding?

I think i am a 'pass'. I'd rather have Modric.
I think he would upset the camaraderie of the team to be honest.Other side of the coin is ,he does have a winners mentality.
Still a no from me though.I would take ratboy though

Bale is on £650,000 a week. He acted like a spoilt brat to get his move so now it's going tits up for him we should consider taking him back?? get to fuck.. Carry on getting booed ya whiny girls blouse.

Last edited:
Not sure what this thread is all about! It's not going to happen because we couldn't afford him.

Oh and... "No".

(And Modric as well - we're supposed to be building a team not recruiting 33 going on 34 year olds - and we can't afford him either!)

It's as bonkers as starting a new thread, "If the manager goes who should we pursue? Klopp, Mourinho or Dick Emery?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom