Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Westfalenstadion - 5th March 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Titanic effort defensively.

Eriksen a shambles going forward. What is up with him?

Pass completion of about 6%.

He’s been fucking toilet all year. His head is not in it but he’s undroppable. Plus who do we drop him for? We didn’t buy anyone and the fucker seems like he wants off...

We actually started playing in the last 5 min. That is how we should see the game through, not standing still and hoping that none of their multiple shots go in.
Disagree. Why open up on a 3-0 lead? they will run themselves out and get discouraged just like the last 5 minutes of that half. Why go toe to toe when we don't need to? That foolishness is why we went home and Juve got to talk shit about us being bottlers.

Is anyone listening to clive tyldesley the insufferable cunt?
In the first leg, all he and Savage discussed in the first half was all the different ways Dortmund might take advantage of Spurs. Shut them up in the second half. Started this match in much the same manner. Very strange.

I don't know what most of us expected. Dortmund need to score 4 goals and played like a team that needed that. A 0-0 halftime score is a huge achievement for us. They must have expended so much energy that half trying to get at least 2 goals. Well done.

First half's done. One more to go.

I understand where Aussie Yid in London Aussie Yid in London is coming from. This is tactically defensive. But we've been spoiled with attacking football these last few years so I understand others (and myself) who feel off seeing us play defensive football.

45 more minutes to go.

Hugo and Jan have been immense. Winks looks like he is playing through his injury and Eriksen looks disinterested in playing knockout CL football.

Looked more comfortable, created a chance (Son) almost immediately and started to keep the ball. More of that, please.

It pretty much eliminated their main threat too.

Really good move from Poch and we look much better as a whole.

He's evolving!!

Never tried one, any good?
you're brilliant
any shit you throw at Tottenham players goes everywhere

i'm making jokes, but I'm trying to give you hints that might make you realise what an offensive poster you are.
Most of us support the club and its players - you do nothing but slag them off , run them down and post shithouse comments about them.

Not wanting raise anyone’s ire, but Eriksen looks fucked. Can hardly put one foot in front of the other.

Anyone else think we should swap Jan and Ben for the second half and try to steal a goal?

Nah, we are playing like experienced winners. This is the Spurs that’s capable of winning competitions.
Inclined to agree with you on that, I think this is a pretty calm performance from most of the players. Eriksen isn't rushing to force Kane into making runs, which looks lazy, but may just be smart. Kane doesn't look his sharpest, but we've got more than BD in reserve for the next half. I expect 2 Eriksen assists.

0-2 Kane and Son

What the hell are people watching? We have been dreadful
Don't think we have strung 5 passes together yet
Luckily Jan and Hugo have turned up so far

The thing is, at no point in that first half was I actually nervous. I always expected us to be able to hang on if need be and go through. But I was really hoping we'd do it with some swagger and make a statement rather than just do the bare minimum. Hopefully it will be quite different in the 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom